Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles release WR Hank Baskett

From NFL.com:

The Philadelphia Eagles will activate QB Michael Vick to the active 53-man roster today and release WR Hank Baskett, according to a league source.
    With Tuesday as the players’ day off, Vick will participate in his first regular-season practice on Wednesday. Vick had been on the exempt list, making him ineligible to practice with the Eagles until he was added to the active roster. He is eligible to play beginning in Week 3.
    Baskett was one of several receivers the Eagles had been trying to move, as the club had been carrying seven on the roster. The fourth-year pro had his best season in 2008, posting career-highs in receptions (33) and touchdowns (3) with 440 yards receiving while making six starts.
    This is sweet, I really hope the Rams sign Hank. I got to watch him play every Saturday for the Lobos and he actually lived next door to one of my best friends while he was attending UNM and he's a real nice stand-up guy. He has speed and size, and he has the ability to go up a get the catch. His addition could really help us out, and we need all the help we can get.

YouTube - Hank Baskett TD vs Cowboys

Re: Eagles release WR Hank Baskett

I'd pick him up. He can become a starter for us and he has height

Comment

Philly isn't exactly overflowing with talent at the WR position, so why didn't they keep him? They obviously have the starters set with Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson, but they also deemed Reggie Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, and Brandon Gibson all to be superior to him.....not a very good group to come in last to. What exactly does he bring to the Rams that we don't already have?

Comment

Originally posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
        Philly isn't exactly overflowing with talent at the WR position, so why didn't they keep him? They obviously have the starters set with Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson, but they also deemed Reggie Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, and Brandon Gibson all to be superior to him.....not a very good group to come in last to. What exactly does he bring to the Rams that we don't already have?
        Isn't the strength of Philly's offensive system, from which our new OC came, in its diversified attack? Explains to me why these guys don't put up gaudy numbers. It's not that they lack talent.

I think Baskett, Avant, or Brown would certainly be upgrades over Stanley and possibly Burton. Don't underestimate Gibson. He was a good player on a lousy PAC-10 team. Could well be a late draft jewel in the future.

No way does Maclin deserve to be described as part of a not very good group. Arguably one of the most explosive game-changing offensive players in this last draft. I might hesitate to trade Avery for him but it would merit consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
          What exactly does he bring to the Rams that we don't already have?
          Size, experience, and most importantly, depth.

Comment

if we sign him do you think his new wife Kendra will be at all the games ?

Comment

All of the games, my friend.

Comment

Its pretty clear that experience is not a sought after trait in the spags era.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

I thought Baskett was a good WR but unfortunately he got caught in the numbers crunch. As far as the Eagles WR corps is concerned, I think we have a lot of weapons and they can be dangerous. They all bring something a little different to the table. The Rams, however, really does need some help. I've yet to see Avery do anything spectacular, unless of course, I've missed somewhere in the past two years. You guys definitely need some upgrading done.

Comment

Working...
                  X