Did You Guys know that.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Guys know that.......

Hakim scored the first-ever touchdown at Ford Field when he took a reverse handoff from Eddie Drummond on a punt return and raced 72 yards for a score September 22, 2002 against Green Bay.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Re: Did You Guys know that.......

You know, I find that tidbit more interesting than any debate over Warner's recent play with the Giants.

Comment

You know, I find that tidbit more interesting than any debate over Warner's recent play with the Giants.
      Well, then.....I guess my time was well-spent. :redface:
      Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Once again with the injury to Charles Rogers, Hakim is going to have to step up for the Lions and be the receiver Detroit thought they were getting in 2002. I think Hakim is definitely more suited for the slot, and the Lions trying to use him as an A or B is a mistake. Unfortunately, it seems like a corner they're backed in to.

Comment

Az has had the injury bug so bad there isn't a strong enough repellant for him. However, he will produce in this offense this year with Rogers out.

Detroit isn't that far off from being very dangerous.

Comment

They definitely benefit from the Packers looking so weak. They're going to have to win that division though if they want to see the playoffs. I don't see the wild card spots going to a second team in the NFC North.

Comment

Az has also had the fumblitis bug as well. he had so much potential but i'm not really sad he left. although, i did laugh my butt off this year when the lions drafted roy williams, sending az to the #3 spot he left in st. louis.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRamFan
                Az has also had the fumblitis bug as well. he had so much potential but i'm not really sad he left. although, i did laugh my butt off this year when the lions drafted roy williams, sending az to the #3 spot he left in st. louis.
                Yeah, but then again, he's probably still making more money there then he would have been here.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                  sad day...AZ GONE
                  by RamWraith
                  Its offical

Hakim agrees to five-year, $16 million deal
                  ESPN.com news services

The Detroit Lions and unrestricted free agent wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim have reached an agreement on a five-year, $16 million contract, ESPN.com has learned.

Hakim's agent, Rocky Arceneaux, confirmed the deal, which will include a signing bonus of more than $5 million.

The addition of Hakim, a four-year veteran who made his name with the St. Louis Rams, fills the Lions' desperate need for speed. One of the NFL's quickest players, Hakim will team with incumbent Lions starter Johnnie Morton to dramatically upgrade the Detroit receiving corps.

Hakim, 24, has been the No. 3 wide receiver for the Rams, behind Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. But the Rams acknowledged early in free agency that Hakim's price tag probably would be too exorbitant for them to have a chance of retaining him. St. Louis officials will meet on Friday with unrestricted free agent Jacquez Green, formerly of Tampa Bay, and he becomes the frontrunner to replace Hakim there.

The Lions have also been in contact with free agent wide receiver Corey Bradford of Green Bay, had tentatively scheduled a Friday visit, but may now cancel that.

A former San Diego State star, Hakim is among the NFL's quickest and most explosive players. The only issues surrounding him are his size (5 feet 10, 178 pounds) and propensity for fumbling, especially on punt returns. Rams coach Mike Martz replaced him in the return game late in the '01 season after his fourth fumble.

It will be interesting to monitor Hakim's production now that he will be a starter and not surrounded by as much talent. There is little doubt, however, that he is a proven playmaker and a critical acquisition for the Lions, who likely will turn to second-year quarterback Mike McMahon as the starter in 2002.

During his St. Louis tenure, Hakim caught 148 passes for 2,032 yards and 16 touchdowns. He also returned 112 punts for an 11.4-yard average and two touchdowns, and rushed 22 times for 143 yards and one score. A fourth-round pick in the 1998 draft, Hakim appeared in 56 games and started 10 contests.
                  -03-07-2002, 12:18 PM
                • xfactor28
                  Joey
                  by xfactor28
                  Joey
                  by: South Side Gridiron (dodgersyear03) Dec 4 12:38am
                  I'm am sick and tired of hearing about Joey Harrington.

He plays for the Lions.

Name one GREAT qb that played for the Lions.

tick, tick.

After watching the Thanksgiving game of him hitting receiver after receiver on the numbers only for them to drop the pass I have came to the conclusion that it is time for Joey to move on.

Green Bay? Baltimore?

Sorry you got drafted by the Lions, bro.
                  -12-04-2005, 12:44 AM
                • RammStein
                  Lions Next
                  by RammStein
                  With all due respect to the Lions .. the days are far over from when Sanders graced their home field .. the Lions being one of the three favorite teams .. mind you all the Rams being my favorite and the Steelers being my third favorite .. I have lost a lot of love for the Lions .. but I always wish two things .. they beat the Bears and the Cowboys

though this is the Lions home opener .. and though I don't have my stats the Lions are pretty good with home Openers .. so the Lions aren't a push over nor is any other team .. this is Pro Football and the players get paid for a reason .. but the Lions are going to have a hard time keeping up with the Rams offence .. not to mention the Lions Offence might make the Rams Defence look even better this week

though I like the Lions and will always do .. I feel sorry for them .. key match up to key match up .. they look like they are going to get walked all over on

what does anyone else think?
                  -10-01-2001, 12:22 PM
                • RamWraith
                  Rams will likely use `max protect' blocking against Lions
                  by RamWraith
                  Sunday, October 01, 2006
                  By Tom Kowalski
                  The Detroit Lions defensive line knows exactly what it is going to see when it lines up today against the St. Louis Rams -- a solid wall of humanity.

In football lingo, it's called "max protect." It's when an offense realizes its line is overmatched by the defensive line and keeps in running backs or tight ends -- or both -- to help block.

After the Lions got five sacks against the Seattle Seahawks in the season opener, the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers both went to max protection against Detroit, and it worked. The Lions were held without a sack in both games. That means the Rams will do precisely the same thing.

To overcome that strategy, Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said his team must do a better job in coverage, not try to use more blitzes.

"We're always looking at things to offset it. When you (face) max protect, you don't want to blitz. You have blockers picking it up, that's when you want coverage. The more (players) they keep in, the more you want out," Marinelli said.

Opposing offenses know they have to deal with Pro Bowl defensive tackle Shaun Rogers first and foremost. If he's allowed to be disruptive, as he was against the Seahawks, the Lions defense begins to swarm.

"Up front, they're really, really good. Shaun Rogers is a big player, great playmaker, and I know his capabilities," said Rams quarterback Marc Bulger, who has been sacked 10 times in three games this season. "It's going to be a tough matchup, but I'd say as far as I can see the front four is the strength right now."

While the Lions have been hurt in the passing game, they're allowing only 2.8 yards per rush and have yet to give up a rushing touchdown.

"Well, nobody's been able to run the ball against them," said Rams head coach Scott Linehan. "We certainly want to have us a running game that's effective and I haven't seen anyone do it yet. The defensive line is pretty stout. I think that's an issue because that's where you start offensively -- in finding ways to run it."

St. Louis running back Stephen Jackson is averaging 4.2 yards per carry, but has yet to score a touchdown. In fact, wide receiver Torry Holt is the only offensive player to score. He has two receiving touchdowns and kicker Jeff Wilkins has the Rams' other 35 points. The Rams have yet to score more than 18 points in a game this season.

"We have a new offense. We've kicked a lot of field goals, but we've been moving the ball so it's not like we're not getting a lot of first downs and not being able to move the ball, so we're happy with that aspect," Bulger said. "We know it's going to take patience any time you have the same system in for eight or nine years and try to change it. We're 2-1, so whether we're doing...
                  -10-01-2006, 06:45 AM
                • RamsFan4ever
                  A Look At The Opponent - Detroit
                  by RamsFan4ever
                  A Look At The Opponent - Detroit
                  Saturday, September 30, 2006

By Duane Lewis
                  stlouisrams.com

The Detroit Lions were one of 10 teams to make a coaching change in 2006, tapping Rod Marinelli as the man to lead the franchise. Marinelli comes to the Lions from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he spent 10 seasons as defensive line coach, and from 2002-2005 also served as assistant head coach.

Known for his hard-nosed coaching style, Marinelli looks to turn around a franchise that has not had a winning season since 2000 and has not earned a postseason berth since 1999. The Lions are off to an 0-2 start as they organization learns the Marinelli Way of football.

Detroit tabbed veteran Jon Kitna as their quarterback. The Lions offense had their best performance last week against Green Bay scoring 24 points, 11 points more than they had scored in the first two games combined.

Kitna had his best game of the young season last week against Green Bay, completing 25 of 40 passes for 342 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. Kitna completed seven passes to WR Roy Williams for a career-best 139 yards and one touchdown. Williams' 16 receptions (for 245 yards) this season ties him for the team lead.

RB Kevin Jones leads the Lions rushing attack. The third-year back from Virginia Tech rushed for 81 yards and one touchdown on 17 carries last week and was effective in the passing game with five receptions for 44 yards.

Jones leads the Lions in rushing with 160 yards on 43 carries (3.7 avg) and is tied with Williams for the team lead in receptions with 16 for 127 yards.

A pair of former Rams are in the Lions' receiving corp. Former receiver/safety Mike Furrey is third on the team with 14 catches for 160 yards. Az Hakim was recently signed by the Lions and made his first receptions of the season last week. TE Dan Campbell is averaging over 21 yards per catch with five receptions for 106 yards. RB Shawn Bryson is a threat in the passing game as he caught a 37-yard touchdown pass from Kitna last week.

A trio of sixth-year players anchor the left and middle of the Detroit's offensive line. Jeff Backus has started every game at left tackle since being drafted by the Lions in the first round of the 2001 draft. Veteran G Ross Verba, in his 10th NFL season and first with the Lions, made his first start of the season last week. Dominic Raiola is in his fifth straight season as the Lions' starting center. He and Backus have combined to start 146 consecutive games.

The right side of the Lions' O-line is manned by a pair of eighth-year players. Guard Damien Woody has been a starter his entire career. After starting his career in New England, Woody has started every game for the Lions since coming to Detroit in 2004. Rookie T Jonathan Scott made his first start at right tackle last week in place of another...
                  -09-30-2006, 02:23 PM
                Working...
                X