Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Rules in the NFL

Dumb Rule #1:

The team pays a 53 man roster but can only bring 45 to a game.

Why?
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: Dumb Rules in the NFL

oh LA.Ram0..dont get me started on NFL rules..theres so many that i disagree with if i started naming them all id be on a pension before i finished.

Comment

No more wedge made me cry a little.

Comment

They should start putting skirts on QBs

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua
          Probably because the extra 8 players would cause the team plane to suck up more gas because of the added weight, and I'm sure polution and "Global Warming" has alot to do with it. the extra 8 players would put atleast 1,200 extra pounds on the plane, and I'm sure they don't want to press their luck. also if you take into account that the team stays in a motel, and the extra 8 players would require 8 more beds, and that makes more work for the cleaning crew the next day, also take into account the added weight that would be on the elevator when players get "Fit shaced" drunk and decide to ride up and down on them. But I think the real reason why the NFL wont allow teams to carry the extra 8 men, is because they would feel guilty if one, or more of the players got sick and blew chunks on the plane, therefor they have 45 instead of 53 because that's 8 less piles of Vomit to clean up. I hope I answered your question.

hehehehheeehehehhe
          That's all well and good but what if their mode of transportation is a bus or train?

Comment

I've got one word for you, "tuck".

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
              I've got one word for you, "tuck".
              Did you have to bring that up?!

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
                Did you have to bring that up?!
                In a thread about dumb rules? Absolutely! Weren't you expecting it??

Comment

Also I wished that the Super Bowl was on a Saturday. Instead of a Sunday in which it should be for church and family time.
                  Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos 2/7/2016 CBS 6:30PM EST Santa Clara CA!

Comment

45 Man roster.

Doing a little research on this, it appears that modern teams have been limited to about 45 players. The CBA currently limits the league as a whole to 45, but individual teams can dip to as low as 42. Teams are allowed to have as many as 53, to keep things "fair", but can only have up to 45 (plus a 3rd emergency QB) active on gameday. You can actually download a copy of the 2006 CBA from nflplayers DOT com.

I have heard during games that the 8 inactives was to level the playing field, when a team has injured players. IMO, if the NFL wants to level the playing field, they should fire the current officiating staff. These guys are about as biased as I have seen in years. Of course, that is probably by design.

gap

Comment

Working...
                    X