Warner where art thou????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warner where art thou????

Damn he is soooooooa GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE IS A BALLA

Re: Warner where art thou????

I will have to say that this was the only game, this weekend, that I was satisfied with the officiating. They weren't perfect by any means, but they were consistant, and didn't make any bad game breaking calls. They missed a LOT of easy penalties, but you only heard about the ones that were to the Cardinals' advantage, and the announcers sounded like a couple of complaining Packer fans. The missed some that weould be game breakers, but they missed the same type of penalty on both sides of the ball. While I prefer that the officials call as perfect as they expect the players to play, I can live with equal imperfection. I even told my wife that the Packers won the game on the coin flip, and I would have been satisfied if it ended that way.

I am happy for Kurt Warner, and I expect another shootout next week in NO.

gap

Comment

The officiating was ok but they did rob the packers on the last play. Adams blatantly grabbed rodgers facemask and twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
        The officiating was ok but they did rob the packers on the last play. Adams blatantly grabbed rodgers facemask and twisted.
        Oh here we go. One play (or bad call) doesn't lose you a game. If Rodgers doesn't throw that INT the Pack probably would have won. If Rackers made that chip shop FG the Crads would have won before overtime anyway.

Warner 29/33 379 5TD. Unbelievable!
        Just think about that for a second. 4 incomplete passes in the whole game. 4!

1024 total yards, 62 first downs, 96 points. I've never seen such poor defense in my life

Comment

anyone who doesn't think that Warner is a HOF'er is way off base,I am not saying first ballot, it may take a few times but he is deserving of that honor without question.

Comment

Originally posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
            I am not so sure on the blatant part of that and I did not see the "twist" that you mentioned either,but I thought the officiating was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD413 View Post
              Oh here we go. One play (or bad call) doesn't lose you a game. If Rodgers doesn't throw that INT the Pack probably would have won. If Rackers made that chip shop FG the Crads would have won before overtime anyway.

Warner 29/33 379 5TD. Unbelievable!
              Just think about that for a second. 4 incomplete passes in the whole game. 4!

1024 total yards, 62 first downs, 96 points. I've never seen such poor defense in my life
              Totally agree Scotty!

Warner ... more TDs than incomplete passes! W O W :eek:

:helmet: It may be out of place to say it here but I have to say it: I long for Warner and the Rams!!!
              Glad they aluded on TV to KW and the Rams of 1999.
              Last edited by RealRam; -01-11-2010, 12:35 AM. Reason: Tyop

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                I am not so sure on the blatant part of that and I did not see the "twist" that you mentioned either,but I thought the officiating was fine.
                On the replay you definitely see Rodgers head turn from looking straight ahead looking for an open receiver then his head turns approx. 90 degrees but it was so quick that in real time refs didn't catch it. In that situation you have to tuck the ball and live for another play! I'm sure he didn't want to tuck the ball knowing that the Cards would have good field position after a punt and with the way Warner was playing it wouldn't take much to get them in field goal position

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD413 View Post

I would normally agree with you, but a bad call on the game winning play is a different situation. The game is over now so it doesnt really matter. Just pointing out that the officials have been making serious mistakes all weekend

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                    anyone who doesn't think that Warner is a HOF'er is way off base,I am not saying first ballot, it may take a few times but he is deserving of that honor without question.

If you watched Warner today, you saw one of the best all time performances in the history of the NFL. More TD's then incompletions. I am so happy for this guy and wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

Originally posted by macrammer View Post
                      If you watched Warner today, you saw one of the best all time performances in the history of the NFL. More TD's then incompletions. I am so happy for this guy and wish him nothing but the best.
                      I couldn't agree more. Truly a brilliant performance. And Rodgers was amazing as well. Sad that it had go down that way, missed call or not. Unlike that goofball Joe Buck, I wish they had been playing by college rules; I didn't want that game to end. More than made up for the other 3 sadsack contests this weekend.

What on earth happened to Carson Palmer,for eg? Looked like he was channeling Kyle Boller out there. I didn't have anything emotionally or financially invested in The Bungles but I hated seeing that lardbutt loudmouth Ryan getting a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Azul e Oro View Post
                        I couldn't agree more. Truly a brilliant performance. And Rodgers was amazing as well. Sad that it had go down that way, missed call or not. Unlike that goofball Joe Buck, I wish they had been playing by college rules; I didn't want that game to end. More than made up for the other 3 sadsack contests this weekend.

What on earth happened to Carson Palmer,for eg? Looked like he was channeling Kyle Boller out there. I didn't have anything emotionally or financially invested in The Bungles but I hated seeing that lardbutt loudmouth Ryan getting a win.
                        The quarterbacking in the Cards v Packers game was truly fantastic, it was a shame one team had to lose. Romo also looked good in his game against the Eagles. It was weird that Flacco won a playoff game completing only four passes, but the running game was that dominant he didnt have to do more. Sanchez also played a good efficient game, and would have had better stats had Edwards not dropped a catch when he was open in the endzone
                        @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by rayzorram View Post
                          On the replay you definitely see Rodgers head turn from looking straight ahead looking for an open receiver then his head turns approx. 90 degrees but it was so quick that in real time refs didn't catch it. In that situation you have to tuck the ball and live for another play! I'm sure he didn't want to tuck the ball knowing that the Cards would have good field position after a punt and with the way Warner was playing it wouldn't take much to get them in field goal position
                          No offense but I hate that word "tuck" probably as much as the Raiders do!

sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

I heard a lot of talk on the non-call facemask penalty today. From what I've heard, the facemask was after the ball was out of Rodger's hands, so it was a loose ball foul and therefor the Cards would have kept the ball anyway, but been penalized 15 yards.

Not sure if that's the true rule or not, it's just what I've been hearing/reading today. If Rodgers doesn't fumble, I bet you a million bucks the refs call that penalty.

One other thought. There is one ref whose sole job is to watch the QB. When Rodgers fumbled, he had to watch the ball. He probably never saw it

Comment

Warner's game Vs. Packers yesterday, Warner's game alone overshadow's any dispute about that potential no-call of the last GW play. As mentioned above in other posts, the Cards were bound to take this historic battle -- even with that incredible FG miss by Rackers, even by Rogers' excellent efforts and performance, as well as by the GB receivers.

To me, that was not a face mask grab. It seemed to me that CB Michael Adams jammed Rodgers' face mask into his face, more than 'grabbing' it; like a stiff arm to the head. Also, as I see the replay, Rodgers himself turns his head instinctively in search of the ball, and not because Adams was twisting the helmet in that direction (to Rodgers' right).

IMO, it was a tough hit by the little man that made the biggest play in Cardinals playoff history. What a finale!
                              Last edited by RealRam; -01-11-2010, 03:19 PM. Reason: Rodgers

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                                Warner comes so very close to magical win
                                by RamWraith
                                By Bernie Miklasz
                                St. Louis Post-Dispatch
                                09/18/2005

TEMPE, ARIZ. — For a few precious moments you could close your eyes, let your imagination and sentiment lift you up and take you on a return trip to another place in another time. Back in the day, nothing seemed impossible for Kurt Warner. He'd take the Rams on these magical journeys to the end zone, and NFL defenses were helpless to stop him.

So on Sunday at Sun Devil Stadium, with Arizona trailing Warner's former team 17-12, Warner got the ball and a last chance with just under 2 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. It was hot as a barbecue pit down on the field, but Warner calmly completed all six of his passing attempts, picking up key parcels of real estate totaling 76 yards. And suddenly the Cardinals were 5 yards from the end zone and a winning touchdown.

Old No. 13 was on the brink of recapturing his brilliant past. He was about to take down Mike Martz, he was about to upstage Marc Bulger, he was about to give his fiercely loyal fans a reason to clear their throats for delirious I-told-you-so calls to the Monday sports-radio talk shows.

"That's what you're thinking - 'Here we go.' All we need is one. One play, one shot, one touchdown," Warner said. "And we win the game. Perfect scenario, perfect place to be in."

But this is 2005, not 1999, and Warner plays for the Arizona Cardinals now. They've been a work in progress since 1947, when the franchise last captured an NFL championship. So the ending was almost predictable: Safety Adam Archuleta swooped in on a rare and belated Rams blitz and sacked Warner. With the final seconds ticking away, Cardinals coach Dennis Green wasted time getting new personnel onto the field. Next, an Arizona lineman moved prematurely; a penalty flag went up, and time expired. Just like that: comeback over, game over, and a flat tire for the populous St. Louis chapter of the Warner bandwagon.

"It's always more disappointing," Warner said, "when you're in a situation like that and don't get it done."

As he dressed in the spartan home locker room, Warner couldn't shake a look of disgust and dejection. Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill quietly moved in to offer Warner some encouraging words.

"We were right there," Warner told Bidwill. "Right there."

In his first game against the team that gave him his first chance in 1999 and his release in 2004, Warner started slowly. With three fumbles (one lost) and an interception in the first half, Warner looked like he'd fulfill the doom-and-gloom prophecies of his critics. He looked like another relic, left in the desert. Not so fast ...

Warner feels he has something to prove, but for unselfish reasons. He claims he's never lost confidence in his ability. And in the second half, Warner just...
                                -09-19-2005, 06:23 AM
                              • txramsfan
                                Rabid's Rants on Warner
                                by txramsfan
                                I just read the Rabid's Rants this week, and do agree with him to a certain extent. 18 INT's for any QB is high, extremely high. However, certain circumstances have been the cause for some of these.

1. Warner's thumb. It still hasn't been right since he hurt it. The deep ball is MIA really this year, but I believe Martz is as close to Woody Hayes as Bill Clinton is to George W. Completely different individuals.

2. Martz's play calling. MM abandonded the run in early games this year way to quickly, i.e. NO and TB at home. Anytime you come out slinging 15 or so pass plays to start the game, conventional thinking on INT's is out the window.

3. Tipped passes. How many of these INT's have come from passes that the WR's have let go through their hands and right into the deep corners? At least 4 I can think of.

One thing noticeable recently about the change in Warner is MM's prodding for Warner to move a little more. I watched the Fox Sports Special on Warner and he moved quite a bit in the Arena League. He wasn't Flutie, but he wasn't Jim Hart either.

I think Martz is addressing the Warner situation because no one else was banging the drum for Warner. Everyone was talking Favre, K. Stewart, or Garcia, but Warner just kept winning. Shoot, he has directed the Rams to a 12-2 record and perfect on the road.

I think the INT's can be reduced by both Warner throwing the ball away when nothing is there instead of trying to thread the needle everytime. Also, we have seen an increase in the running game lately, causing D's to play us closer. Both Warner and Martz can be blamed for the INT's, but I don't think he wants to grab Warners facemask and shake it anytime soon.
                                -12-29-2001, 12:32 PM
                              • Guam rammer
                                Kurt Warner
                                by Guam rammer
                                Super happy to know that he began his career as a Ram and brought them to the SB twice with a 1-1 record (would've been 2-0 if the cheats were'nt cheats) And who knows, if Mad Mike didnt pull the plug too soon we could've probably gotten more. All Warner was missing yesterday was some DBs and STEVEN JACKSON!!!
                                -01-17-2010, 02:41 AM
                              • RamDez
                                Kurt Warner – A Fond Farewell To A Great Man
                                by RamDez
                                Kurt Warner – A Fond Farewell To A Great Man
                                By Barry Waller
                                June 3rd, 2004

There are times when covering an NFL team that even the biggest fan
                                might find to be more work than enjoyment. Dealing with professional athletes
                                is a real pain at times, and trying to give fans the true story when so many rumors have sent them into so many directions is even worse. While there are times that the words fly out of a writer’s mind onto the pages he is composing, there are others when sitting down and rehashing the facts to tell a tale is almost excruciating. If I am doing a column twenty years from now, I probably won’t have had to labor over a story as much as this one.

Oh, sure, nobody died, no beloved sports figure met his maker far too young on the day after Memorial Day, which is the toughest stuff to cover from a personal side; but in a lot of ways, it seems like something truly died for Ramsnation when the team released Kurt Warner. When the long predicted move was made official this past Wednesday however, there was no outcry from Rams fans, no wail of sorrow at a tragic event. Not surprisingly, Warner himself left town with the same class and good feelings that are his trademark.

Like a parent, spouse, or child who has seen a loved one slowly slip away due to illness, those of us who will never forget what #13 meant to a team and a city have little emotion left to give as the irreversible end finally came. They have gone through the same predictable emotions of anger, denial, bargaining, and depression, then a numb acceptance of our fate, as cancer victims, ever since Kurt Warner began showing he was human after all. Ironically, the most incredible and improbable feel good story in NFL history involved a man who embodies everything decent about the human animal, despite his immortal like play when at his best.

As the negative stories and feelings about Warner as the Rams quarterback appeared, they acted upon his legacy like tumors on bodily organs, some spreading and mutating to other areas. We may never know how the negative vibes played a part in what so quickly turned a two time MVP passer into a backup. If Warner shines with the Giants, another team needing the kind of miracle that Warner gave Rams fans and the world in 1999, maybe it will provide a bit of a clue.

I was at Warner’s last start, in the Meadowlands against those same Giants, and as painful as it was having to suffer with him on that day, and suffer the slings and arrows of Giants fans during and following the game, I feel blessed that I got to see as much as I could of Kurt Warner in person. It was that personal contact over the past six seasons that makes his inexplicable fall from grace so distressing.

In the NFL, everyone knows the salary cap, and other factors makes it nearly impossible to keep players for entire careers, something Rams fans have had to...
                                -06-06-2004, 04:38 AM
                              • Nick
                                Warner's the man, at least to Warner
                                by Nick
                                Warner's the man, at least to Warner

First published: Thursday, August 19, 2004

ALBANY -- He's still the quarterback who takes teams to Olympus. Still the quarterback whose passing statistics are a fantasy of flight. Still the quarterback whose grocery-bags-to-NFL-MVP story felt as good as a kiss.
                                Kurt Warner is convinced of this.

He's gone from superstar to waiver wire. Untouchable to unwanted. At the end in St. Louis, the Rams were as eager to show Warner the door as he was to pass through it. He was signed by the Giants to be a mentor and stopgap, until Eli Manning is ready. Everything in Warner's career has changed -- but him, he insists.

In nearly every player's career there comes a time when his skills, as Bill Belichick once said of Bernie Kosar's, diminish. Age and injuries make mortals of all. The player knows when he enters the winter of his career, but he won't publicly admit it.

Warner, now 33, says he's the same quarterback, and because he's friendly, and gracious with his time, you want to believe him.

But you don't.

Once, Warner led the Greatest Show on Turf. Now, he's trying to hold Manning at bay long enough to audition for a starting job with another team next season. That's not the same at all.

There has never been an NFL player like Kurt Warner. From stock boy to wonder boy to oh boy, what happened. It would be as if Greg Maddux had gone from video store clerk to Cy Young control artist to a pitcher who stopped throwing strikes, though Warner doesn't see it that way. The Rams' 0-8 record in his last eight games as a starter didn't change Warner's opinion of himself.

"You have to say, 'Did Kurt Warner lose those eight games because Kurt Warner didn't play well, or did the Rams lose those last eight games because the team didn't play well?' " Warner said. "I think that's where people sometimes get skewed in their opinion."

Warner doesn't mention that the Rams were 18-4 the past two seasons when Marc Bulger started at quarterback. Granted, win-loss percentage isn't everything. But it's something. And playing on the same team, with the same players, Bulger enjoyed success while Warner flopped. But if Warner's fumbling 14 times and throwing 11 interceptions with only four touchdowns in those eight games have cracked his confidence, he conceals it behind his disarming smile.

"I feel like I can play as well as anybody in this league," Warner said. "I can still play this game. I don't plan on being average."

Thing is, average would be an improvement.

One trait players like in their quarterback: accountability. They respect a guy who accepts criticism when warranted and shares praise when deserved. But in a recent conversation, this is as close as Warner came to acknowledging he performed...
                                -08-22-2004, 12:40 PM
                              Working...
                              X