Kurt Warner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Warner

Super happy to know that he began his career as a Ram and brought them to the SB twice with a 1-1 record (would've been 2-0 if the cheats were'nt cheats) And who knows, if Mad Mike didnt pull the plug too soon we could've probably gotten more. All Warner was missing yesterday was some DBs and STEVEN JACKSON!!!

Re: Kurt Warner

Took a big hit during the game. Was that his last game?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UtterBlitz View Post
      Could be, he was on the carpet for a while after that hit. The rest of the game, Brenda was hiding her eyes. I'm sure she'd like to see him call it a career, but he's still playing at such a high level, it might be tough for him to walk away. It will be interesting to see what happens. Either way, he's made his mark and punched his ticket to Canton.

Comment

Originally posted by UtterBlitz View Post
        I hope not, I enjoy watching him play.

That being said, I could not blame him if he walked away still able to play at a high level. He has made his money, and his Kurt Warner Foundation will give him plenty to do. However, nothing will be able to replace the adrenaline rush and camaraderie of the Football Field at game time.
        RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

I agree I hope he continues, it gives us someone successful to cheer for until the Rams get there act together, but his health needs to come first,so whatever he and his wife decide see you Kurt at your induction day in Canton.

Comment

Hopefully some day

Comment

I have a feeling that this loss, concussion this season, and the hit during this game will help him decide. He is smart enough to talk and think about the future. A father of seven and strong faith will make him rethink the importance of football over the rest of his life. Whatever he decides, he will always have a place in the hearts and minds of most Ram fans...

Comment

Having been a Ram fan for over 35 years, I have seen a plethora of QB's cone and go but only one really stands out for me. The SB victory was just awesome and helped take some of the pain away from losing to the cowboys and vikings in the 70's where we should have had at least one SB victory.

I enjoyed waching him play whether Rams or Cardinals. Selfishly, I hope he comes back for one more year but I do not anticipate this will happen.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
                  Kurt Warner considering retirement after this season
                  by Nick
                  Link here.

I have a lot of respect for Kurt Warner, and a lot of great memories for what he's done in his career. I think in the right situation, he can still produce. But I'm sorry... considering retirement because he doesn't know if he could be comfortable as a back-up?...
                  -10-12-2006, 12:40 PM
                • masi
                  Warner vs. Marino
                  by masi
                  Yesterday i had a discussion with a friend who is a huge Dan Marino's fan. He said that Dan's records will never nbe broken and that our Kurt Warner should be renamed Kurt "one-year-wonder" Warner, because he'll not be able to repeat 1999 and 2000 numbers.
                  I think Kurt has all the skills to reach and surpass most of the Marino achievements, and i'm realy convinced that without the injury, a lot of Marino's record would have already be broken last season.

And... Kurt has one thing marino will never have: a ring :cool: :cool: :cool:
                  -06-18-2001, 12:54 PM
                • ramsanddodgers
                  Warner To See Action?
                  by ramsanddodgers
                  Lienart thrown to ground on left shoulder and in visible pain... Warner warming up... Leinart headed to locker room for x-rays

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l
                  -12-24-2006, 02:19 PM
                • Nick
                  Warner's the man, at least to Warner
                  by Nick
                  Warner's the man, at least to Warner

First published: Thursday, August 19, 2004

ALBANY -- He's still the quarterback who takes teams to Olympus. Still the quarterback whose passing statistics are a fantasy of flight. Still the quarterback whose grocery-bags-to-NFL-MVP story felt as good as a kiss.
                  Kurt Warner is convinced of this.

He's gone from superstar to waiver wire. Untouchable to unwanted. At the end in St. Louis, the Rams were as eager to show Warner the door as he was to pass through it. He was signed by the Giants to be a mentor and stopgap, until Eli Manning is ready. Everything in Warner's career has changed -- but him, he insists.

In nearly every player's career there comes a time when his skills, as Bill Belichick once said of Bernie Kosar's, diminish. Age and injuries make mortals of all. The player knows when he enters the winter of his career, but he won't publicly admit it.

Warner, now 33, says he's the same quarterback, and because he's friendly, and gracious with his time, you want to believe him.

But you don't.

Once, Warner led the Greatest Show on Turf. Now, he's trying to hold Manning at bay long enough to audition for a starting job with another team next season. That's not the same at all.

There has never been an NFL player like Kurt Warner. From stock boy to wonder boy to oh boy, what happened. It would be as if Greg Maddux had gone from video store clerk to Cy Young control artist to a pitcher who stopped throwing strikes, though Warner doesn't see it that way. The Rams' 0-8 record in his last eight games as a starter didn't change Warner's opinion of himself.

"You have to say, 'Did Kurt Warner lose those eight games because Kurt Warner didn't play well, or did the Rams lose those last eight games because the team didn't play well?' " Warner said. "I think that's where people sometimes get skewed in their opinion."

Warner doesn't mention that the Rams were 18-4 the past two seasons when Marc Bulger started at quarterback. Granted, win-loss percentage isn't everything. But it's something. And playing on the same team, with the same players, Bulger enjoyed success while Warner flopped. But if Warner's fumbling 14 times and throwing 11 interceptions with only four touchdowns in those eight games have cracked his confidence, he conceals it behind his disarming smile.

"I feel like I can play as well as anybody in this league," Warner said. "I can still play this game. I don't plan on being average."

Thing is, average would be an improvement.

One trait players like in their quarterback: accountability. They respect a guy who accepts criticism when warranted and shares praise when deserved. But in a recent conversation, this is as close as Warner came to acknowledging he performed...
                  -08-22-2004, 11:40 AM
                • ramhard
                  K Warner - no matter what great guy
                  by ramhard
                  From Peter King's Monday Morning QB column:

Good Guy of the Week

Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner.

Karen Crouse of the New York Times wrote a good feature on Warner in last Friday's paper, with a prescient story as the lead. Seems that Warner, wife, Brenda, and one or more of the Warner children have a practice the night before football games. They sit at their table in a restaurant, look over the dining room, and pick out one family. Warner then informs the wait staff that, anonymously, he'd like the dinner tab of that family of strangers added to his.

Crouse wrote the Warners have been doing this for several years "as a way of instilling in their children the joy of giving,'' and quoted Warner thusly: "We want our kids to grow up knowing that because of football we are so blessed.''

Just another reason why you can never say enough good things about Kurt Warner.
                  -09-29-2008, 09:39 AM
                Working...
                X