Now that Warner is retiring..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that Warner is retiring..

Will he sign with the rams for 1 day and retire as a ram? I still believe even though he did great in Arizona he will always be remembered as a Ram.

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsFanSam
    If Warner decides to retire:
    by RamsFanSam
    Would you want him to sign a one-day contract with the Rams so he can retire as a Ram in St. Louis?
    Yes
    81.48%
    No
    11.11%
    I don't know
    5.56%
    I've been in a coma for 11 years...who's Kurt Warner?
    1.85%
    -01-17-2010, 03:05 PM
  • rammiser
    If Warner wins another Ring
    by rammiser
    Who do you think he would retire with? Would he retire as a Ram or would he retire as a Cardinal? In my heart I would hope as A Ram but you never know. If he wins a ring for both teams he may consider retiring a Cardinal. Just curious what some of you thought he might do. If he loses Sunday I'm sure he would retire as a Ram but if he wins I'm not as sure. Thoughts please.
    -01-27-2009, 08:49 AM
  • AvengerRam_old
    To whom does Kurt Warner belong?
    by AvengerRam_old
    Which team, the Rams or the Cardinals, can claim Kurt Warner as primarily "their player"?

Its a close question. Kurt enjoyed great success on both teams, and is viewed by both franchises as one of (if not the) best QBs ever to put on their uniform.

So... let's go to the tail of the tape.

CATEGORY---------RAMS---------CARDINALS

Games Played--------53--------------62
    Starts---------------50--------------57
    Wins (in starts)------35--------------27
    Completion %-------66.4------------65.1
    Yards Passing-----14,447----------15,843
    Touchdowns--------102-------------100
    Interceptions--------65--------------59
    Passer Rating-------97.2------------91.9

So, overall, while it is close, Kurt had better numbers as a Ram.

Add in that he went to more Pro Bowls (3 to 1), was on more 1st Team All-Pro lists (2 to 0), went to more Super Bowls (2 to 1) and won his only championship with the Rams, and I view Kurt Warner as a Ram, first and foremost.

That said, these numbers show just one more way that Kurt Warner was a unique player in NFL history. He is the only QB in the history of the game to throw for 100 or more TDs for two different teams in a career. He is also one of only two QBs to ever start a Super Bowl for two different teams (the other being Craig Morton).

So, maybe, in the end, much like the Arizona and St. Louis share the name "Cardinals" in their history, they can also share Kurt Warner as a member of their respective lists of all-time greats.

Kurt, of course, probably wouldn't have it any other way.
    -10-03-2012, 10:01 AM
  • RamWraith
    Warner posts
    by RamWraith
    Sorry all!

Warner was loved and will be remebered by me and everyone else, but it only appropriate now that he isn't a Ram that we keep in the other area and not in the Ram talk forum. Sorry I was just as guilty.

I would be happy to join the conversation there, as this is big news.
    -06-03-2004, 12:55 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Kurt Warner should rot in the Arizona desert
    by AvengerRam_old
    Bold words, huh?

Not really, though. I'm a Ram fan. The Cardinals are a divisional opponent. Any success they might achieve is inherently a threat to the Rams. So why should I hope that any Cardinal - even one who is a former Ram - succeed?

If Warner had signed with a team like, say... Cleveland, I could root for him to an extent. I mean, what are the chances of a Browns/Rams Super Bowl this year?

But the Rams play the Cardinals twice this year, and divisional games are very important.

So... I hope Kurt Warner rots in the desert. I hope he throws 3 interceptions every game until he's benched. I hope his QB rating is 50.0. I hope he fumbles the ball more than Tony Banks.

Its nothing personal. I hope the same things happen to Matt Hasselbeck and... um... whoever the starting QB ends up being in San Francisco.

That's what being a Ram fan is all about.
    -03-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Working...
X