Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tye Hill released

Falcons released CB Tye Hill.
    After years of getting burned in St. Louis, Hill was limited to eight games with the Falcons last season. Despite the team's desperation at cornerback, Hill was relegated to bench warming late in the season. The former first-rounder won't draw much interest on the open market.

Another former Ram traded, then released. Say what you want about our FO, but we know when to fold 'em, that's for sure.

Re: Tye Hill released

I wasn't thrilled with what we received for Hill but looking back at least we got something for him. His value was clearly only worth that of a late round draft pick. What a shame, I always rooted for him and wanted to see him succeed. How much of it is the talent and how much of it is poor coaching?
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

This just highlights the danger of the draft really

Hill was the top rated corner coming out, showed well at both the Senior Bowl and Combine, and yet never got going in the NFL
      @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk247 View Post
        This just highlights the danger of the draft really

Hill was the top rated corner coming out, showed well at both the Senior Bowl and Combine, and yet never got going in the NFL
        Showed well at the Senior Bowl and the combine......two nasty scenarios.

Comment

I hate to 2nd guess the decision-makers, but........my gosh, what a horrible waste of a pick.
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
            I hate to 2nd guess the decision-makers, but........my gosh, what a horrible waste of a pick.

But...he's so fast!

Comment

Originally posted by shower beers View Post
              But...he's so fast!
              Well, that should certainly help him while he's racing Jonathan Wade to the unemployment line.
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Well, that should certainly help him while he's racing Jonathan Wade to the unemployment line.
                "There's always barber college"

I was never happy with that pick. Not a 5'9' corner. Could have had Jay Cutler among others.

Comment

What was I thinking when I bought that Tye Hill jersey?? I should have listened to Tx....

Comment

Originally posted by shower beers View Post
                    But...he's so fast!
                    Maybe Al Davis should have picked him.

Comment

Everytime you see something like this it really makes you think that maybe Despags know what they're doing.

5'9" tho, man if thats not a red flag, what is?

Comment

A tall Jacoby Sheppard wasn't a better choice.

How was Hill's height a factor in his inability to cover defenders? If you are all over the receiver, 2" is a difference maker. If you can't get within 6 feet of the receiver, 2" isn't a factor.

Comment

It was indeed bad in hindsight. But at the time, the Rams needed a corner, and Tye Hill was meant to be the best pure CB in the draft and second only to Michael Huff in the defensive back rankings.

But whats makes looking back at that draft pick worse is the fact the Rams traded down and selected Hill. If they had stayed at their original slot they could have drafted either Jay Cutler or Haloti Ngata. And what two positions are talked about as being the potential first overall pick for the Rams this year? DT and QB.

Later in round one the Chargers took Antonio Cromartie, who went to a Pro Bowl but i am glad the Rams didnt sign (too many personal issues). Worst of all is that Jonathan Joseph was taken in round one by the Bengals, and became part of one of the best CB tandems in the league alongside Leon Hall. Richard Marshall was also taken in this draft.

But the whole draft was terrible. The only two players still on the Rams are Victor Adeyanju and Mark Setterstrom, and VA had a hard time getting on the active roster on gameday last year, while Setterstrom suffered another injury.

The bad picks in that draft apart from Hill?
                          Joe Klopfenstein
                          Claude Wroten
                          Jon Alston
                          Dominique Byrd
                          Marques Hagans
                          Tim McGarigle
                          Tony Palmer

Look at those names. Not one of them made a difference for the Rams, and most are either out of the NFL or very close to falling out. This could seriously be considered the worst draft by a team ever.
                          @EssexRam_

Comment

A few years ago when my girlfriend (now wife) was getting into Rams football she wanted to get her first jersey. I threw out the suggestion of getting a Tye Hill jersey just because her maiden name (and last name at the time, of course) is Hill. I thought it'd be kind of cool.

Luckily she decided to get a Steven Jackson jersey instead.

Comment

Look at the good news on the Tye Hill pick. At least we got El Kabong Wroten with him in that draft instead of taking jay cutler et al.

In 40 years of watching football, i have NEVER seen a corner better able to run with the receiver and be all over the receiver and yet be unable to make a play on the ball or break up a pass. Helen Keller had considerably better ball skills than Hill.

The play that always stands out for me with Hill was the first series of the first game against the eagles a couple of years ago. The rams have the eagles backed up inside their own 5 yard line, mcnabb throws deep to the right sideline, HIll is ALL OVER deshean jackson and somehow jackson makes the catch. The eagles go on to kill us and we go 2-14 that year. Hill was in perfect position to make a play and yet it wound up as a 40 yard completion.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment