koren robinson suspended four games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koren robinson suspended four games?

i heard on espn that koren robinson failed a third drug test, resulting in an automatic four game suspension (he is appealing). If it is true and he loses the appeal, he will miss the rams game.

Jerry Rice is a great addition for them, i am not happy about it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: koren robinson suspended four games?

Yeah I just heard that. He could spend his suspension time learning to catch from Rice. Rice as a player does not scare me nearly as much as his ability to discipline those receivers up there. It should be interesting.

Comment

God, I hope he misses the Rams game. The four games he's out will mean that the chance of drive-killing drops happening just got cut in half in those games. And maybe cut that half in half with the trade we just made.

But Wistrom...OUCH. Bad, bad news.
      Last edited by dfarrar777; -10-19-2004, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I heard a rumor that the four weeks is really to allow him to recover from a hand transplant (Shhh... Jerry Rice doesn't know he's the donor).

Comment

LMAO!!!!!!!!! Avenger that was great.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• HUbison
            Robinson in trouble again
            by HUbison
            It's interesting to see on Seahawk message boards how SOME (and I purposely stress some) hawk fans who called for Little's head on a platter AFTER he was acquitted last month are now waving the "innocent until proven guilty" flag for their guy.

------------------------------------------------------------
            Robinson in trouble again
            Maligned Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson charged with DUI

MIKE SANDO AND SEAN ROBINSON; The News Tribune
            Last updated: June 1st, 2005 07:30 AM

Koren Robinson has been charged with DUI and reckless driving following a May 6 incident in Medina, perhaps foreshadowing the troubled receiver’s release from the Seattle Seahawks.
            Robinson, 25, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to the misdemeanor criminal charges filed in Kirkland Municipal Court, and he is due back before Judge Albert Raines on July 18, documents show.

The Seahawks were not available to comment Tuesday night, but team sources previously indicated that Robinson had run out of second chances following a troubled four-year run with the team. Robinson has acknowledged as much.

“I know what I’ve got to do and they’re expecting me to do that,” Robinson said following an April 30 minicamp practice. “If not, I know the consequences. … Either you want to be in the NFL or you don’t. And I do. So, I have to do everything I gotta do to stay here.”

A first-round draft choice in 2001, Robinson served a four-game NFL suspension for substance abuse last season. Coach Mike Holmgren benched him for failing to show up at practice one day before an important Jan. 2 game against Atlanta.

The Seahawks won that game to clinch their first NFC West championship. Holmgren allowed Robinson to play in the playoff game Jan. 8 against St. Louis on the condition that the receiver would seek professional help after the season.

Robinson’s four-game league suspension had stemmed from a positive test for a substance consistent with the party drug ecstasy, sources have said. Further examination raised questions about an alcohol problem for which Robinson agreed to seek treatment.

Robinson emerged from treatment in time to participate in the team’s post-draft minicamp. Following practice April 30, Robinson said he had given up alcohol, his travails having served as a wake-up call.

“I’m not stupid, man,” Robinson said at the time. “I’m not going to be one of those people they talk about, ‘Oh, he had the potential to be a great player but he let this, that and the third, so many distractions’ – that’s not going to be me.”

Six days later, Medina Police officer David Obermiller cited Robinson on suspicion of DUI and reckless driving, court records show. Bail was set at $1,000.

Attempts to reach Robinson failed Tuesday night. His mother declined comment when reached on her cell phone....
            -06-01-2005, 11:32 AM
          • rollrams
            Laurent Robinson is out for the season
            by rollrams
            Laurent Robinson is out for the season with a broken fibula per 101 ESPN
            -09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
          • Nick
            Interesting behind-the-scenes Greg Robinson Combine article
            by Nick
            Solid On The Line
            February 24, 2014
            Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson granted Sports on Earth exclusive access to his NFL scouting combine experience.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NFL scouting combine may be the most important test of a 21-year-old's life. Certainly, it is the most intimidating. Agents invest tens of thousands of dollars so their athletes can reach a peak physically and mentally.

Getting to that peak was a challenge for Greg Robinson. The week before the combine, the Auburn offensive tackle caught a head cold. It settled in his nose and throat, and it hung on. He took a decongestant the whole week and quietly went about his business. Every night in Indianapolis, before bed he went through a light workout to try to "sweat it out." No one ever asked if he needed a Kleenex.

Discomfort is relative. Going with the flow can become a survival method. When Robinson was 11, Hurricane Katrina forced his family to evacuate their home in Houma, La. When they arrived in Houston, mom announced they were going to stay there awhile. Robinson didn't go home for two years. "When we got back, some of our things had been destroyed," he said. "But we packed just about everything we had. I didn't have much."

His first night in Indy, staying at the Crown Plaza Hotel, Robinson slept on a double bed in a room with Cal tight end Richard Rodgers. The next day, he was diagnosed with pinkeye. He was given eye drops and a new room with no roommate and a king size bed. He would not be spending much time in that bed though.

On Wednesday, Robinson was up before the sun rose for medical exams. There was orientation, a blood test ("They took about a gallon of blood, filled up six tubes," he said), a kidney test, heart test and more. Many different doctors from different teams wanted to get their own hands on Robinson, and they did. Much pulling, bending and twisting ensued. They wanted to know about past injuries. Robinson, who is as transparent as he is big, volunteered to doctors that he hurt his ankle last February when he fell off a golf cart and the cart rolled on his leg. "It was something I wanted them to know about so they could see it didn't affect anything," he said. "I said, 'Check it out.'"

They wanted to know if he ever had surgery. He told them he did, on his right lateral meniscus. They ordered an MRI of both knees, and another on his spine. Putting the massive Robinson in a closed MRI tube was a little like fitting a watermelon into a mini-fridge. They told him to make his frame as narrow as possible in order to slide him in. Once he was crammed in, he listened to relaxing music and dozed off. The MRI on his spine took 45 minutes. The left knee MRI took 65 minutes. The right knee MRI took 70 minutes. All told, the MRI process took more than four hours.

That meant no time for dinner. It also meant...
            -02-24-2014, 07:06 PM
          • RamWraith
            K. Robinson voluntarily back in rehab
            by RamWraith
            Vikings | K. Robinson voluntarily back in rehab
            Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:36:13 -0700

KSTP-TV reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson has checked himself into a drug rehabilitation center. Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, confirmed to 5 Eyewitness News that Robinson voluntarily entered the rehabilitation program in late June. Keels says Robinson did nothing wrong, but would not share any more details. The Vikings have not released a statement on the situation yet. If Robinson were found in violation of league policy again, he could face up to a year-long suspension.
            -07-06-2006, 07:08 PM
          • MauiRam
            Greg Robinson settling in to starting role ..
            by MauiRam
            October, 17, 2014

By Nick Wagoner | ESPN.com

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- An early morning wake-up call from St. Louis Rams offensive line coach Paul Boudreau early last week left offensive lineman Greg Robinson wondering what, exactly, he had done wrong.

"I thought I was in trouble or there was something wrong," Robinson said, laughing.

In retrospect, Robinson can laugh at his reaction because Boudreau had invited the draft's No. 2 overall pick to his office with nothing but good news to offer. After a five-week wait, Robinson was getting the promotion he'd been waiting for in time for Monday night's game against the San Francisco *****.

Boudreau's message to Robinson was simple, instructing the young lineman to keep the pending move to himself and begin preparing for the challenge that Niners defensive lineman Justin Smith represented.

"He said, ‘We’re going to start you,’ so just continue to prepare and keep it to yourself," Robinson said. "I didn’t want to get too high so I was just preparing and working hard throughout the week like I’d been doing."

Robinson took the overwhelming majority of the snaps with the first-team offense throughout the week, a sure indication to those paying attention to practice that he was about to start. Sure enough, Robinson stepped in at left guard against the Niners with Rodger Saffold shifting to right guard and veteran Davin Joseph heading to the bench.

Robinson admits his transition from left tackle to left guard has been slower than he likes.
            As you'd expect, Robinson had his share of ups and downs in his debut, but considering he was matched up against Smith, his debut effort was mostly impressive. He was particularly solid when on the move pulling in the run game, but also had a few hiccups along the way.

The Niners blitzed a little more than expected and targeted many of those blitzes on the inside. Robinson failed to slide to the right in time to help on an overload blitz early in the game which helped lead to the Niners' fourth sack but it wasn't all that egregious. And Smith shocked him a couple of times with his strength, including on one play that resulted in a gain of just 2 yards (though it went for a first down) by Tavon Austin.

But overall, Robinson played at a level that was about what was expected and certainly didn't make any mistakes that were particularly damaging.

“He was physical and athletic," coach Jeff Fisher said. "He was in the right place more times than we thought. I thought he played pretty well. He matched up. You have to ask Justin what it’s like to play against him, because it was a pretty good matchup there.”

Because we don't have access to Smith, we can go on Smith's comments to Robinson after the game as relayed by Robinson himself. Robinson said Smith told him...
            -10-17-2014, 11:13 PM
          Working...
          X