This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the Warnerites do now?

Mini-Angel on AR's Right Shoulder: "No, AvengerRam, don't post this poll. You'll only needlessly antagonize the Warner fans. Just leave it alone."

Mini-Devil on AR's Left Shoulder: "Don't listen to that goody two-shoes, AR. It will be funny! Besides, those guys deserve it."

Mini-Angel: "No, take the high road!"

Mini-Devil: "Screw the high road!"

Mini-Angel: "But..."

Zaaaaaap!!!!!!!!!! (Mini-Devil Shoots Fireball at Mini-Angel)

Mini-Devil: "Do it! Do it now!!!!!"
    Nitpick every pass Eli makes.
    37.50%
    Look for evidence of elusive Martz/Coughlin conspiracy.
    12.50%
    Blame Marc Bulger.
    12.50%
    Argue that Giants will pay next year when Warner takes Cowboys to Super Bowl.
    0.00%
    Blame AvengerRam, TxRamsFan and NickSeiler.
    18.75%
    Proclaim that Coughlin is Anti-Christian.
    6.25%
    Claim that they are Malcolm-Jamaal Warnerites, not Kurt Warnerites.
    12.50%

Re: What will the Warnerites do now?

Malcolm jamal Warnerites.... Hehehe...hoho...hummm.....hehe........bwahahahahahahah
    Last edited by ; -11-16-2004, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
      Mini-Angel on AR's Right Shoulder: "No, AvengerRam, don't post this poll. You'll only needlessly antagonize the Warner fans. Just leave it alone."

Mini-Devil on AR's Left Shoulder: "Don't listen to that goody two-shoes, AR. It will be funny! Besides, those guys deserve it."

Mini-Angel: "No, take the high road!"

Mini-Devil: "Screw the high road!"

Mini-Angel: "But..."

Zaaaaaap!!!!!!!!!! (Mini-Devil Shoots Fireball at Mini-Angel)

Mini-Devil: "Do it! Do it now!!!!!"
      And just when you think Avenger has finally let something go...an iceberg of antagonization strikes the hull of the USS Good Judgement and condemns the vessel to the watery grave of the Sea of Warner Sucks.
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Did not get overly excited when the Giants beat teams they should not have beaten. Won't get overly pessimistic now that the Gnats have lost a few.

The Giant's were not picked to be world beaters in any case. You could say that the 5 wins are more (or about as many) than the Gnats had all of last year.

I take the little angel route.

Bulger will never be the MAN! :tongue:

Comment

I was with ya' until that last sentence Augusta. Pot and kettle, pot and kettle. You didn't quite make it to the high road on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by AugustaRamFan
            The Giant's were not picked to be world beaters in any case.
            That's the interesting thing, isn't it? Who would have picked the Giants before the season to be in the playoffs? Heck, most analysts I heard talk about the issue figured that Warner's job would be in jeopardy by the bye week. Instead, the Giants were 4-1 at that time. They've certainly exceeded expectations thus far in the beginning of the season, but now we'll see how much they surpass them at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by moklerman
              I was with ya' until that last sentence Augusta. Pot and kettle, pot and kettle. You didn't quite make it to the high road on this one.
              That Mini-Devil can be awfully persuasive. :redface:

Comment

I see Warner not seeing stars next year, but with a star, he will be with the cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by HUb
                  an iceberg of antagonization
                  Quite the shocking development, isn't it?
                  Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Damn, I knew I should have included "Continue to show a complete lack of any sense of humor" as an option.

Comment

Yeah, that would've gotten my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
                        Damn, I knew I should have included "Continue to show a complete lack of any sense of humor" as an option.
                        hardy har har :redface:
                        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Post the poll!
                          Don't post the poll!
                          Post the poll!
                          Don't post the poll!
                          Post the poll!
                          Don't post the poll!

Comment

And this from the guy that compains everytime someone else stars a Warner thread.

Well, while you're kicking a guy while he's down, (and just having a ball doing it), don't forget to mention the Pro-bowl season our QB is having.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiledog
                              And this from the guy that compains everytime someone else stars a Warner thread.

Well, while you're kicking a guy while he's down, (and just having a ball doing it), don't forget to mention the Pro-bowl season our QB is having.

...................Ouch!
                              Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• FaulkFan
                                What do you think?
                                by FaulkFan
                                our record will be next season? better? worse? going nowhere?

how many wins and losses do you think we will have in the 08 09 season?
                                -06-06-2008, 08:23 PM
                              • RamDez
                                Do you like the change?
                                by RamDez
                                Well do you ?
                                yes
                                85.19%
                                no
                                3.70%
                                not sure
                                11.11%
                                -05-28-2004, 12:38 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                We Can't Possibly Know What To Expect (and that, I think, is a good thing)
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Its always tough to predict how an upcoming season will turn out. All we to go by is past performance that, as the old stock market adage tells us, is not necessarily indicative of future results.

But this year, its even tougher to prognosticate. This team simply is not the same team it was last year.

To be precise, it is almost certain that nine of the twenty-two players who will start on opening day in 2006 will be different from the last year's opening day starters (Left Guard, Right Tackle, Tight End, Defensive Tackle, Middle Linebacker, Strong-side Linebacker, Cornerback, Strong Safety, Free Safety). And, of the nine new starters, only two players (Alex Barron, Claude Terrell) were starters by the end of last year.

Add to this roster shake-up an entirely new coaching staff, and what you end up with is a completely different Ram team than what we have seen.

So, as this point, all we can do is ask whether the changes appear to be good ones. I think they are, but let's be honest...

We have no idea what to expect this year.

The funny thing is... I actually like this uncertainty. It breeds hope. It allows us to imagine best case scenarios.

And... most of all... it reminds me of the last time I entered a Rams season feeling this way.

The year was 1999.
                                -05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                Martz on the Mike
                                by RamWraith
                                Head Coach Mike Martz
                                Wednesday, December 8, 2004

(Opening comments)
                                “With everything you do in the beginning of the year, you just hope at this point, with four games to go, you’re still in the hunt, which we are. Obviously, we are a half-game up on in the division, with our destiny in our control. We are looking forward to this game in Carolina, another NFC (team), and a team that we met in the playoffs last year. We are familiar with them. We have played against (Carolina head coach) John (Fox)’s defense on several occasions, and we are somewhat familiar with him. Their defensive line is terrific. Their quarterback is playing really well. He has that big, strong arm. Even though they are without their starter at running back, (RB Nick Goings) has done a tremendous job rushing the football. The offensive line is still significant, and of course, their receiving corps is good. They are on the mend. They are on a streak, winning four in a row, and winning some tight games. It should be fun. We are looking forward to this game, and it goes without saying right now, but this is as big as it gets.”

(On if he expresses the importance of this game to his team)
                                “Yes, absolutely. At this point you need to. This is the time, where early in the year you start talking about this is a big game and it’s hard to do that, but at this point these are all playoff games. The significance grows each week. It’s a four-week season, and it starts with this one. We are all excited about being in this position, and this opportunity. We have done a great job defensively and given up the big play. Those are the mistakes within the defense that we are mending and resolving. I think we are kind of adapting that personality defensively, and the understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. Offensively, there are some issues that we need to mend and fix, but I’m excited about the perimeter and the offensive line and where we are heading. And I think Chris (Chandler) will do a good job for us.”

(On QB Chris Chandler)
                                “When we signed him, he’s not 500-years-old, he’s 38. It doesn’t matter how old he is, he can play. He has terrific legs. He’s in there on the treadmill for 35 minutes on (level) nine. I don’t know if any of you can do that, and I know I can’t. I think that, and the fact that his arm strength hasn’t been diminished at all. He’s still on top of his game, in terms of seeing things and accuracy. All of those things, physically, would lend itself to believe that he still has a lot of football left in him. Otherwise, we would have never signed him to a two-year deal. He’s been through all of the playoffs. He’s been to a Super Bowl. He’s been there. He knows how to prepare. He knows how to get himself right. A lot of quarterbacks, and this is going to sound silly, but they don’t know themselves in big games yet. If they have not been there, (they don’t know)...
                                -12-09-2004, 05:32 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Player Quotes
                                by RamWraith
                                Wednesday, September 1, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On the final preseason game)
                                “You don’t want to say you want to get it over with. I just think we are more anxious to get the regular season started and start making the games count. It’s just a lot more incentive for the practice, and I think we’re ready to go.”

(On injuries during preseason games)
                                “I think before and after (the games) you think about (injuries) a lot. But during the game you can’t think about that. It’s something that weighs on your mind, but hopefully we’ll come out of it injury-free.”

(On if he feels like he needs to get a lot of work against the Raiders)
                                “It’s always the coach’s call. If he thinks I need more work, I’ll do it. But typically the starters don’t play too much.”

(On if he is close to where he wants to be heading into the regular season)
                                “I think we all are. If we needed to play a regular season game this week, we could. You try not to have a different mindset for a preseason game, but there is more of a sense of urgency in the regular season.”

(On what part of his game he wants to improve on)
                                “Everything. I’m always trying to get better, although it might not look like it all the time. I have a lot to learn. I’ll make mistakes throughout the year. I have to keep getting better, and if I can cut down on my mistakes and keep moving forward, I’ll be fine.”

(On if the offense is where it needs to be)
                                “We have a little ways to go. Last week was a good example of what we can do when we are running on all cylinders. If we can avoid the peaks and valleys, and keep moving forward we’ll get to that point. We are not there yet, but we are working on getting there.”

(On getting momentum going into the regular season)
                                “Last week was definitely a different feeling coming to practice (after a win). You just have that momentum. A win would be nice (vs. Oakland), but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t. For the younger guys, and even for us older guys, it’s nice to have that feeling going into the regular season.”

(On if the offense can be better than last year)
                                “Sure, it’s just another year. Steven (Jackson) hasn’t had a lot of experience in this offense, but with Shaun (McDonald) and Kevin (Curtis) having another year (of experience), and even with Dane (Looker) and Mike (Furrey), they’ve been in (the offense) only one or two years. That experience helps in a complex offense like this, and with this line getting to work together every week is helping too.”

(On T Orlando Pace)
                                “We’ve pretty much taken the wait and see approach. It’s Orlando’s business. I know he’ll be here next week, and we fully expect him to be Orlando. We don’t have to worry about him too much. I think he’ll be in good shape, and as long as he’s here next Monday we’ll be fine. He’s worked with this...
                                -09-01-2004, 04:27 PM
                              Working...
                              X