X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW..McNair retiring?

Titans | McNair Considering Retirement? - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:30:22 -0800

According to the Associated Press, Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair has hinted at possibly retiring after the 2004 season. "In the offseason, I'm going to take a long look at what I'm going to do," he said. "I just have to evaluate myself ... I've taken a beating the last five or six years. I need to look at what's best for my health and myself and this ball team."

Related Topics

Collapse

• DJRamFan
    Titans K Nedney out for opener, maybe for season
    by DJRamFan
    Sept. 8, 2004
    SportsLine.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee kicker Joe Nedney will miss the Titans' season opener Sunday at Miami because of a hamstring injury that might put him out for the season.

The Titans listed Nedney as out on Wednesday's injury report. He was hurt Tuesday while kicking a ball as it fell off a tee during a special teams session.

Nedney was on the ground face-down before being helped by trainers. He walked off the field on his own, but had an MRI exam on Tuesday night.

The kicker played only part of the first half of the Titans' 2003 season opener before tearing the ACL in his right, non-kicking leg. That forced punter Craig Hentrich into emergency duty, and he kicked four of five field goals in a victory over Oakland in the game.

But Tennessee signed the NFL's career scoring leader Gary Anderson as Nedney's replacement for the season. Anderson was 27-of-31 on field goals, including a 46-yarder for a 20-17 victory over Baltimore in an AFC wild-card game in January.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
    -09-08-2004, 12:13 PM
  • RamsFan16
    Titans | McNair Hawaii bound
    by RamsFan16
    Titans | McNair Hawaii bound
    Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:30:46 -0800

Associated Press reports Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair has been added to the AFC's Pro Bowl roster as a replacement for Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer.

Broncos | Plummer removed from AFC Pro Bowl roster
    Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:30:17 -0800

Associated Press reports Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer (undisclosed) will not play in the Pro Bowl due to an undisclosed injury.

I don't really agree with McNair being in it but I guess its my opinion.
    -02-07-2006, 08:47 PM
  • RamsFan16
    Titans | Team close to re-signing Vanden Bosch
    by RamsFan16
    Titans | Team close to re-signing Vanden Bosch
    Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:39:48 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Tennessee Titans are close to re-signing DL Kyle Vanden Bosch to a four-year contract. Vanden Bosch is expected to receive close to $15 million in guaranteed money. The deal is expected to be finalized within the nest 24 to 48 hours.

Scratch him of the Wish List. Darn!
    -02-15-2006, 06:02 PM
  • itsguud
    Keyshawn meets with titans.
    by itsguud
    [/SIZE]

Sounds like this is where he may go. Not a bad pick-up if they get him, kinda the same player as Bennet I think.
    -05-19-2007, 07:39 AM
  • Ramblin` Ram
    Vince Young reportedly questioning desire to play football
    by Ramblin` Ram
    Titans' Young reportedly questioning desire to play football
    Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The mother of Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young said he indicated he doesn't want to play football and is "hurting inside and out."

Felicia Young said in Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he's faced after being booed during a 17-10 win Sunday over Jacksonville. On Monday, Jeff Fisher sought police help to help find Young in what the Titans coach later said was a misunderstanding.

Vince Young revisited

In May, NFL.com Senior Columnist Thomas George sat down for a candid conversation with Vince Young, who said he had considered retirement after his rookie season.

"I really thought long and hard about it," Young said. "There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things." More "What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?" Felicia Young said. "He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

"But we're not talking about football right now. We're talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing."

The phone number for Young's home is unlisted, and his agent, Major Adams, did not answer his cell phone on Wednesday morning. The Titans did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.

This isn't the first time that Young has talked of wanting to quit football. He told a NFL.com senior columnist Thomas George last spring that he thought of retiring after his rookie season, a statement he said later was taken out of context.

The No. 3 pick overall in the 2006 NFL Draft, Young won the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and followed up by helping the Titans reach the playoffs last season with a 10-6 record. He has been criticized for his passing struggles, with nine touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 2007.

His mental state has been in question since being booed Sunday after his second interception during the Jacksonville game. He didn't want to go back into the game until prodded by Fisher.

He sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee four plays later and could be out for up to four weeks. Fisher said Tuesday night he is only ruling Young out for Sunday's game at Cincinnati.

Titans add QB Simms

With Young out, the Titans signed former Bucs QB Chris Simms on Wednesday.

Chris Simms, QB
    Tennessee Titans

Career...
    -09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Working...
X