Cardinals getting "new" logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals getting "new" logo

I say "new" because it's not that new. Current is on top, new is on bottom.

Re: Cardinals getting "new" logo

Not bad. :tough:

Comment

Simple but a good update. I actually vectorized it earlier today for my personal use. (technical graphic speak) I'm just waiting them to butcher the new uniforms though. They will be unveiled in the spring.

Another genious business move by Bidwell. Won't sell any of the old stuff now. Won't sell any of the new stuff until spring. Looks like Wild Bill is making an early push for worst merchandise sales in 2005.

Comment

they really need to get rid of those throwback looking white helmets and upgrade their colour scheme. A total overhaul wouldn;t be a bad think... just look at the grizzlies in the nba.

Comment

elAcky, they are, the new helmets are black from what I have seen.

Comment

Interesting modification. They have added a slight hook to the beak, making the bird look more like a raptor than a seed eater like the cardinal (which, as you can see, actually has more of a cone-shaped beak).

Comment

I like classic unis and logos - Cleveland, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc.

If they were going to change it, I'm glad they didn't do anything drastic. Maybe next year the Bungles will tone down the ugliness of their unis.

Comment

Give me back the 99 colors........for us. there is no doubt for the QB who the receivers are! :tongue:

Comment

I'm torn about whether or not to pull a reversal on the Rams' colors. On the one hand, the blue and yellow outfits were the best looking uniforms in football, style-wise and they went out with a bang, winning Super Bowl XXXIV. As it stands, those uni's represent winning the Super Bowl in my mind so I don't know that I'd want to bring them back and taint the image.

I think a comprimise of design and color would be best. Bring back the old design, but keep the new colors. The stripes on the pant legs, the horns on the sleeves and all in navy and gold would look pretty good. In theory, I like the St. Louis Arch on the shoulder of the jersey but it just doesn't have the same "umph" that the horns had. Something about the new uni's has always seemed not quite right. Kind of like they're unfinished.

Oh well, it's not like they're going to make any changes but it is nice to imagine.

On a side note, I was thinking of how some teams parlayed their uniform change into Super Bowl success. Denver seems like the first team in recent history to change their uniforms (I realize that the Redskins, Jets, Bengals, etc. have all changed their uniforms but there was a long period of status quo and the 1997(?) Broncos started the new wave of modernization) and it worked out well for them, winning back to back Super Bowls. Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl shortly after updating their uni's also. The Rams made it to the big game. Heck, even the Bengals went twice after changing to their tiger stripes. The Seahawks haven't capitalized yet. The Titans made it but didn't win.

I'm sure there's some that I'm forgetting but in general, a uniform change seems to equate to success in a lot of cases. Uniform modifications, rather than outright change, are less effective I think.

As far as the Cardinals, I think the whole "let's add black" philosophy of NFL teams is getting out of hand. Jacksonville, Philly and Cincy have all-black variations of their uniform, the Whiners added a bunch of black trim to their uni's, the Falcons have gone black happy as well. Damn, the Saints too. Everytime I decide to move on to my point I think of another team with blackaholism. I happen to think the white helmets look good on the Cardinals so maybe I'm just biased on the subject.

Comment

What year did the Pats change their uni's? I can't recall.

Comment

I was thinking about that too. it was after 1985 cuz I'm pretty sure they faced the Bears with their old colors. I know Bledsoe was there as well as Curtis Martin but I just don't remember the first year they went to the new helmet and colors. The helmets have stayed the same but they've been constantly tinkering with the uniform since the switch.

Comment

Man, I used to dig those old Patriots helmets with the Patriot dude snapping the ball. I always thought that was a cool logo. I don't like the new one.

As for the Cardinals...........well, I don't want to waste my time on them.

lol

Comment

According to this website...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

...the helmets were changed in '92 and '93, with a very minor alteration to the helmets in 2000. I can only assume the uniforms were changed at those times as well.

Comment

The Patriots made multiple changes to their uniforms. If you look at the Green Bay-New England, the Patriots have the new helmets, but different unis.

The old Rams jerseys were the best, PERIOD. They need to make a comback. I like the Ram logo we have now, but I miss the horns on the sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by WisRamsFan
                              elAcky, they are, the new helmets are black from what I have seen.
                              you play in the desert, and you want more black in your uniform? Hmm, let's see here, take a hot situation and make it even hotter....yea, they got some real geniuses out there in Arizona.
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment