Foles- Keenum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles- Keenum

Two former Rams QB's in the NFC title game. I can't help but pull for Keenum.

I agree. I am pulling for Keenum as well. Between the two, he seemed to care more about being a RAMS QB and leading the team than Folds. I really wish the coaches would have kept Keenum and built around him rather than trying to find an Ace that could carry the team to wins all by himself.

gap

Comment

This is too funny (and true).

Comment

Originally posted by gap View Post
        I agree. I am pulling for Keenum as well. Between the two, he seemed to care more about being a RAMS QB and leading the team than Folds. I really wish the coaches would have kept Keenum and built around him rather than trying to find an Ace that could carry the team to wins all by himself.

gap
        See, I knew someone would take it too far...

Case Keenum is having a great, storybook year in Minnesota, but that does not change the fact that he's a 29 year old journeyman who has a career passer rating of 86.0.

Jared Goff is 23 and (despite a bad rookie campaign) already has a career passer rating of 89.4.

The long term prospects are much greater for Goff than for Keenum. I get that some think the price was high, but in this league, having a long-term answer at QB is essential.

All that said, I wish Keenum success, as he gave his all to our team and never complained.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

See, I knew someone would take it too far...

Case Keenum is having a great, storybook year in Minnesota, but that does not change the fact that he's a 29 year old journeyman who has a career passer rating of 86.0.

Jared Goff is 23 and (despite a bad rookie campaign) already has a career passer rating of 89.4.

The long term prospects are much greater for Goff than for Keenum. I get that some think the price was high, but in this league, having a long-term answer at QB is essential.

All that said, I wish Keenum success, as he gave his all to our team and never complained.
          Hyper-sensitivity much?

My post wasn't to trash Goff, as I think we have a pretty good to great future with him. My point was that we could have built a team around Keenum and been successful without throwing away all the picks that we gave up to trade up and select Goff. Of course, in order to do that, Fisher would have needed to let a good OC do his job and run a competent Offense. It was also to make a point that I think Keenum is the better of the two QBs.

gap

Comment

Originally posted by gap View Post
            It was also to make a point that I think Keenum is the better of the two QBs.
            Better than Foles?

I'd agree with that.

Better than Goff?

Stay off the drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

Better than Foles?

I'd agree with that.

Better than Goff?

Stay off the drugs.
              Sorry for not making it clear, yes, better than Folds. I think Goff is light years better than Keenum.

That said, I think Keenum is serviceable enough with a good supporting cast around him. While the RAMS are better off with Goff, I think they would have been good enough to get to the SB with Keenum if the coaching staff and supporting cast had been there. MN may well prove that out.

gap

Comment

Last night showed that great offensive line protection turns decent quarterbacks into very good quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyhater View Post
                  Last night showed that great offensive line protection turns decent quarterbacks into very good quarterbacks.
                  That and something more than a middle school offense.

Comment

Originally posted by fearsome foursome View Post
                    Two former Rams QB's in the NFC title game. I can't help but pull for Keenum.

And now he is getting paid - I am happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyhater View Post
                      Also showed how important a rabid home crowd is, vikings almost unbeatable at home, not as good away;

At U.S. Bank Stadium this season, the Vikings limited opposing offenses to the following:
                      • 12.5 Points per game
                      • 2.8 Rushing yards per attempt
                      • 55 Rushing yards per game
                      When the Vikings were on the road, however, opposing offenses posted these stats:
                      • 19 Points per game
                      • 4.3 Rushing yards per attempt
                      • 112 Rushing yards per game
                      one of the reasons I like domes, they are so loud for the opposition.
                      The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Comment

Working...
                      X