Refree Fired - Oct 26, 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refree Fired - Oct 26, 2018

I just heard about this earlier today. How did I miss this?

From an article by Kevin Seifert at ESPN.

The NFL has taken the highly unusual step of firing down judge Hugo Cruz for performance reasons.
    Editor's Picks

It is the first time the NFL has fired an official in-season during the Super Bowl era because of performance.

Cruz, who last worked in Week 6 and is no longer an NFL employee, joined the NFL in 2015. He was responsible for one high-profile mistake this season when he missed an obvious false start by Los Angeles Chargers left tackle Russell Okung on a scoring play in Week 6 against the Cleveland Browns. He did not work in Week 7.
    I have no idea who this official is, or if he has made any mistakes in any games I have seen, but I have seen enough repeated mistakes by many officials that most should be gone. Maybe the "mistake" this guy made affected how the league wanted things to transpire. IMO, if this guy can be fired for such a mistake, the whole crew that "officiated" SB 36 should have been fired before the confetti fell to the floor.

gap

....well....ummmm I can name a lot more then just "one" ref that needs to be shown the curb!

Look this is the 21st century with billions of dollars at stake. And it just boggles the mind that even the player's unions don't demand more accountability from the refs. Serious, we are talking about player's paychecks---does anyone think the players play in the playoffs for free---LOL! And that doesn't include team's revenues; yes of course the 32 teams share revenue but there are perks for winning (like a more valuable franchise) so there is money motivating factors there as well

Why in the age of digital camera's that only the media broadcasting games can catch mistakes and not the NFL is beyond me. There should be a booth of refs high up watching the game through cameras to over turn bad calls on the field or clean up missed calls on plays and get rid of all this "challenge" garbage

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X