X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mayock will be the next Raiders GM

Adam Schefter
    ‏@AdamSchefter

Raiders are hiring NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock as their general manager, league sources tell ESPN. The announcement will be made as early as today.

8:25 AM - 31 Dec 2018
    I... don't know what to say.

That is interesting. This is a happy day for all the "Oh, you think you can do it better!" crowd. I know guys like Mayock and Kiper have drawn some ire from those folks who actually do the work of the front office rather than just talk about the work of the front office. I guess we'll see if Mayock really has it when the rubber meets the road.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• LA Ram 4 Life
      Lane Kiffen fired!!!
      by LA Ram 4 Life
      Who is worse The Rams organization or The Raiders organization
      -09-30-2008, 10:20 AM
    • laram0
      Da Raiders
      by laram0
      Last night I watched the Raiders @ Chargers game on the NFL Network. This was the first time this season I've seen the Raiders play.

Question:

Is there a worse pair of QB's in the NFL? Russell and Walter....:o:roll:
      -12-05-2008, 05:03 AM
    • theesuspect
      Rams / Raiders ???
      by theesuspect
      JUST A CURIOUSITY QUESTION HERE. WHO DO RAMS FANS DESPISE MORE: OAKLAND RAIDERS OR SAN FRANCISCO *****? I KNOW SOCAL FANS SAY ITS THE RAIDERS? SO WHO IS IT? RAIDERS OR *****?:helmet:
      -12-10-2005, 10:09 AM
    • Nick
      Raiders came within two minutes of taking Hayden at No. 3
      by Nick
      Raiders came within two minutes of taking Hayden at No. 3
      Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2013, 7:43 AM EDT

How badly did the Raiders want cornerback D.J. Hayden? Badly enough to take him with the third overall selection, if they werenít able to trade down.

According to Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, the call from the Dolphins regarding a possible trade came with two minutes left in the 10-minute window.

And if the call hadnít come, which resulted in the Dolphins moving from No. 12 to get defensive end Dion Jordan, the player who nearly died last year after a fairly routine collision in practice would have been taken by the Raiders at No. 3.

Oakland had no concern about someone else taking Hayden before No. 12, but with strong indications emerging on Thursday that the Raiders wanted Hayden, the risk arose that someone else would trade up and leapfrog Oakland.

In the end, it didnít happen. And the Raiders move forward with a player who can help keep Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, and Alex Smith from scorching the Oakland secondary.
      -04-26-2013, 06:21 AM
    • xkidflowx
      raiders cut Kameron Winbley!!
      by xkidflowx
      According to sources .. The raiders will cut wimbley.. He went to my high school and he's amazingly good.. What do you guys think if we grabbed him ? I'm not saying we will or won't but does anyone know what his estimate contract would be and if we could afford him ?
      -03-16-2012, 08:53 AM
    Working...
    X