Robert Kraft Charged In Jupiter Florida Prostitution Bust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Kraft Charged In Jupiter Florida Prostitution Bust

Robert Kraft, New England Patriots Owner, Being Charged In Jupiter, Florida Prostitution Bust

CBS Boston
    February 22, 2019 at 12:06 pm
    Filed Under:New England Patriots, Robert Kraft
    JUPITER, Florida (CBS) – Robert Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots, will be charged in a prostitution bust in Jupiter, Florida.

The stunning announcement came late Friday morning at a police news conference.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft at the NBA All-Star game on February 17, 2019 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)

Police said Kraft was involved in two incidents in the last month at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter and there is video evidence of both showing the Patriots owner in the act. Kraft is one of 25 people who will be charged by Jupiter Police in this specific bust.

The incidents are part of a larger crackdown on human trafficking and prostitution at several spas in the West Palm Beach area. Kraft faces two misdemeanor charges of soliciting another for prostitution. Police said they are in the process of issuing an arrest warrant in the case.

According to a local news website, News Chief, Kraft was in Palm Beach for a fundraiser the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Saturday. He then went to Charlotte, North Carolina Sunday to attend the NBA All-Star Game.

Kraft, 77, has owned the Patriots for 25 years. The Patriots have won six Super Bowls during that time, most recently Super Bowl LIII earlier this month in Atlanta.

He has four sons. His wife Myra died in 2011.

Option A: *pulls up to busy club in limo. Rolls down window.* "Hey ladies, I'm Robert Kraft, I'm worth 6 bazillion dollars and I own the Patriots." *opens door.*

Option B: Go pay actual money for a victim of sex trafficking.

Just saying...
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamFan_Til_I_Die
      Rams fans, player drop suit vs. Pats
      by RamFan_Til_I_Die
      NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Lawyers for a former St. Louis Rams player and three fans plan to withdraw a lawsuit that accuses the New England Patriots of cheating in the 2002 Super Bowl.

In court papers filed Monday, the plaintiffs' attorneys say they sued last month in an attempt to secure sworn testimony from former Patriots employee Matt Walsh, who allegedly taped a walkthrough practice by the Rams before New England's Super Bowl win.

But the lawyers for former Rams player Willie Gary call it an "exercise in futility" because they suspect Walsh would exercise his constitutional right against self-incrimination if he is ordered to submit to a deposition.

On Monday, they asked a federal judge in New Orleans to dismiss the case. The case was filed in New Orleans because the Louisiana Superdome hosted the 2002 Super Bowl, which the Patriots won 20-17.

Eric Deters, one of Gary's attorneys, said they are reserving their right to refile the suit if they learn more about Walsh's alleged role in the Spygate episode.

"We're not giving up on the case," Deters said Monday. "We just want to back off and see what he has to say before we make a move."

On Sunday, the NFL announced that lawyers for Walsh and the league are nearing an agreement that would allow Walsh to be interviewed and turn over information to the NFL.

A lawyer for Walsh told The Associated Press on Sunday that he was hopeful an agreement could be reached that would give his client the "necessary legal protections so (he) can come forward with the truth."

Last season, the NFL fined Patriots coach Bill Belichick $500,000, the team $250,000, and docked the Patriots a first-round draft pick after determining the Patriots illegally taped the New York Jets' defensive signals in Week 1. Belichick is a named defendant in the lawsuit.

Deters expects U.S. District Judge Ivan L. R. Lemelle to sign off on the dismissal.

"This is a pretty standard thing," Deters said. "It happens a lot in litigation."

The lawsuit accused the Patriots of fraud, unfair trade practices and engaging in a "pattern of racketeering." The plaintiffs wanted the case certified as a class action on behalf of anyone who purchased a Super Bowl ticket or attended the game; all Rams employees on the 2002 team; and any owner of a Rams seat license for the 2001-2002 season.

Gary was signed by the Rams as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2001 and released by the team in September 2002. He has played for the Arena League's Georgia Force since 2003.

Two fans who attended the 2002 Super Bowl and a Rams seat license owner also were plaintiffs in the suit.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the suit had no "factual or legal basis."

"Dismissal...
      -03-11-2008, 05:13 PM
    • stlramman
      No tape of the Rams Walk through?
      by stlramman
      The New York Times > Log In

Walsh turned over the tapes to the NFL and apparantly there was no tape of the Rams walk-through in his possesion. Interesting..think maybe part of the deal was to destroy it & say it never existed? I dont know it just seems strange, regardless Mr Comish better come down hard & heavy on Belicheat & the Cheatriots, sounds like some of them were sophisticated in the breaking down of coaches signals,down & distance & then the plays ran immediatly afterword, and one tape is of the AFC Championship.
      -05-07-2008, 08:42 PM
    • RamWraith
      Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?
      by RamWraith
      From th3 Boston Herald

Source: Pats employee filmed Rams

By John Tomase | Saturday, February 2, 2008 |

Photo by Nancy Lane
      PHOENIX - One night before the Patriots face the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, new allegations have emerged about a Patriots employee taping the Rams’ final walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI.

According to a source, a member of the team’s video department filmed the Rams’ final walkthrough before that 2002 game. The next day, the Patriots upset St. Louis, 20-17, on a last-second field goal by Adam Vinatieri for their first championship.

A walkthrough involves practicing plays at reduced speed without contact or pads. It is common for teams to film their own walkthroughs and practices.

When contacted last night, Patriots vice president of media relations Stacey James said: “The coaches have no knowledge of it.”

Yesterday, Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) stated that he plans to summon NFL commissioner Roger Goodell before Congress to explain why he destroyed tapes that showed the Patriots stealing defensive signals over the last two years.

After his state of the NFL press conference yesterday, Goodell was asked if the league’s investigation into the Pats included allegations that they recorded the Rams walkthrough in 2002.

“I’m not aware of that,” Goodell said.

“We have no information on that,” seconded NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

According to a source close to the team during the 2001 season, here’s what happened. On Feb. 2, 2002, one day before the Patriots’ Super Bowl game against heavily favored St. Louis in New Orleans, the Patriots visited the Superdome for their final walkthrough.

After completing the walkthrough, they had their team picture taken and the Rams then took the field. According to the source, a member of the team’s video staff stayed behind after attending the team’s walkthrough and filmed St. Louis’ walkthrough.

At no point was he asked to identify himself or produce a press pass, the source said. The cameraman rode the media shuttle back to the hotel with news photographers when the Rams walkthrough was completed, the source said.

It’s not known what the cameraman did with the tape from there. It’s also not known if he made the recording on his own initiative or if he was instructed to make the recording by someone with the Patriots or anyone else.

The next day, the Patriots opened a 14-3 halftime lead on the Rams, who were 14-point favorites and operators of an offense known as “The Greatest Show on Turf.”

The Rams didn’t begin moving the ball until the fourth quarter, when their 14-point rally pulled the teams into a 17-17 tie with less than two minutes remaining. Tom Brady then led the most famous drive in Patriots history for the winning field goal.

The...
      -02-02-2008, 07:28 AM
    • r8rh8rmike
      Robert Kraft: Patriots Won't Appeal Deflategate Punishment
      by r8rh8rmike
      Robert Kraft: Patriots won't appeal Deflategate punishment

Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer

SAN FRANCISCO -- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said the reigning Super Bowl champions will accept their punishment from the NFL in the Deflategate investigation.

The Patriots were fined $1 million and docked two draft picks -- a first-rounder in 2016 and a fourth-rounder in 2017 -- by the NFL after an investigation found that star quarterback Tom Brady was "at least generally aware" of a scheme to illegally deflate footballs for the AFC Championship Game.

Striking a conciliatory tone, Kraft said Tuesday that the Patriots will not appeal the penalties.

"Although I might disagree what is decided, I do have respect for [commissioner Roger Goodell] and believe that he's doing what he perceives to be in the best interests of [all 32 teams]," Kraft said, while speaking to the media at the NFL owners meetings. "So in that spirit, I don't want to continue the rhetoric that's gone on for the last four months.

"I'm going to accept, reluctantly, what he has given to us and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric. We won't appeal."

Kraft said that he was putting the league before his franchise because "at no time should the agenda of one team outweigh the collective good of the 32."

The league also suspended Brady for four games, a punishment the he is appealing through the National Football League Players Association. George Atallah, the NFLPA's executive director of external affairs, tweeted shortly after Kraft's announcement that Brady will continue his appeal.

Despite widespread speculation that Kraft dropped his opposition to the punishment in exchange for promises regarding who will handle Brady's appeal, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the league made no assurances to the Patriots or Kraft regarding Brady's fate.

The NFLPA formally asked Goodell to recuse himself as the arbitrator in Brady's appeal later Tuesday, following through on a statement sent to the league last week.

Kraft, who did not take questions from reporters Tuesday, remained critical of the NFL's handling of the incident, saying that the process "has taken way too long." He called the past few weeks "emotionally charged" and noted that he had two options -- "to end it or extend it."

"I think I made it clear when the [Wells] report came out that I didn't think it was fair," he said. "There was no hard evidence and everything was circumstantial. At the same time, when the discipline came out [from the NFL], I felt it was way over the top as it was unreasonable and unprecedented in my opinion."

Kraft said, however, that he took some time to arrive at his final decision on whether to appeal,...
      -05-19-2015, 05:16 PM
    • RamOfDenmark
      Walsh's lawyer confirms: Walsh has videotapes
      by RamOfDenmark
      Matt Walsh's lawyer asks NFL to protect his client on Spygate tapes

By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP Football Writer
      February 15, 2008

NEW YORK (AP) -- The lawyer for former New England Patriots employee Matt Walsh said his client is willing to turn over videotapes he made for the team if the NFL guarantees Walsh protection from lawsuits or other legal action.

Attorney Michael Levy said that to date, the NFL's initial proposals are not sufficient protection for Walsh, who is said to have taped the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough practice the day before they played the Patriots in the 2002 Super Bowl. The Patriots won. 20-17.

"The NFL's proposal is not full indemnification," Levy told The Associated Press Friday in a telephone interview from his office at the Washington law firm of McKee Nelson.

"It is highly conditional and still leaves Mr. Walsh vulnerable. I have asked the NFL to provide Mr. Walsh with the necessary legal protections so that he can come forward with the truth without fear of retaliation and litigation. To best serve the interest of the public and everyone involved, I am hopeful that the NFL will do so promptly."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he's offered Walsh a deal whereby "he has to tell the truth and he has to return anything he took improperly" in return for indemnity.

"No one wants to talk to Matt Walsh more than we do," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday.

"But his demand to be released from all responsibility even if his comments are not truthful is unprecedented and unreasonable. The NFL and the Patriots have assured Mr. Walsh's lawyer that there will be no adverse consequences for his client if Mr. Walsh truthfully shares what he knows. Why does he need any more protection than that?"

Walsh, now a golf pro in Maui, did video work for the Patriots when they won the first of their three Super Bowl after the 2001 season.

Goodell said Walsh was not interviewed as part of the NFL's investigation into "Spygate," which involved the NFL confiscating tapes from a Patriots employee who recorded the New York Jets' defensive signals from the sideline during the opening game of the 2007 season.

As a result of that investigation, New England coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 and forfeited its 2008 first-round draft choice.

Six confiscated tapes and other documents pertaining to the Patriots' taping were subsequently destroyed by the league. Goodell has defended the destruction of the tapes.

Levy, who is continuing to negotiate with the NFL on Walsh's behalf, also objected to NFL security's investigation of his client.

"Sending a former FBI agent to investigate his professional and personal life has not left Mr....
      -02-15-2008, 05:40 PM
    Working...
    X