Janoris Jenkins Released by NYG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janoris Jenkins Released by NYG

This guy was always a ticking time bomb IMO. decent talent but just a problem child…..

He's not worth 10 million a year.

Comment

The Rams coaches at the time did a good job of keeping Jenkins on an even keel, but there's a reason the guy dropped in the draft and a reason the Giants just released him:The guy is a jerk and not all that bright. Not worth the 10 million headache.

Comment

I guess when you have been tasered trying to run away from the cops, you come with some kind of baggage..... A wonder that he has not made more problems to his teams.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• tomahawk247
          janoris jenkins
          by tomahawk247
          i love this kid

they need to let him player closer to the LOS though! but he makes plays!
          three TDs in two weeks? don't see many guys do that!
          -12-02-2012, 02:06 PM
        • bruce4life
          he's not kris jenkins but he is fat...lol
          by bruce4life
          sam adam just got released from the bengals... hes as fat as kris jenkins and can take up space still...
          -05-14-2007, 12:05 PM
        • MauiRam
          Rams' Janoris Jenkins in contract dispute over the rookie's financial advisory
          by MauiRam
          From Rotoworld:

Yahoo! Sports reports the Rams and No. 39 overall pick CB Janoris Jenkins are locked into a dispute over a pre-draft verbal agreement over who will financially advise the rookie.

During the draft, coach Jeff Fisher reportedly twisted the arm of Jenkins' agent, ensuring that the troubled prospect would hire a business manager to help with issues involving the cornerback's four children with three women. That agreement, however, is not allowed and "unheard of," according to the NFLPA. Fisher is said to remain "insistent" that his recommended adviser step in to handle Jenkins' finances. The sides won't agree to a contract until the matter is put to rest.

More from Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports:

The relationship between St. Louis Rams rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins and the team is off to a rocky start because of a verbal pre-draft agreement that's impermissible according to terms of the collective bargaining agreement.

Jenkins, who played his final college season at North Alabama after being dismissed by Florida, and the Rams have yet to agree on a contract. Aside from typical issues regarding the payment of signing bonus money (the Rams want a significant deferral over the four years of the deal), there is a dispute over who will financially advise Jenkins.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher, according to four sources familiar with the situation, wants Lou Taylor of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group to advise Jenkins. The second-round pick, projected by some evaluators as a top 10 talent, has signed at least one set of documents with Taylor's company, a copy of which has been obtained by Yahoo! Sports, although Taylor strongly denied last week that she is working with Jenkins.

"I do not work for Janoris Jenkins," said Taylor, who twice hung up on conversations with Yahoo! Sports and sent a text message threatening to inform the NFL Players Association that she was questioned about Jenkins.

During April's NFL draft, Fisher made Jenkins' agent, Malik Shareef, promise that Jenkins would hire a business manager to help Jenkins navigate his personal issues, which include fathering four children with three women. There is a fourth woman who is claiming she has another child with Jenkins.

However, according to last year's CBA, the pre-draft understanding between the Rams and Jenkins' camp is not allowed and is "unheard of," according to an NFLPA source.

The league and NFLPA have since contacted the Rams over the matter. A Rams source said last week: "We know there can't be any pre-conditions to the contract."

Jeff Fisher (AP)Yet, according to the sources, Fisher remains insistent that his recommended advisor manages Jenkins' finances. However, both sides hope to reach a resolution that doesn't involve some form...
          -07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
        • MauiRam
          With promise of a big payday, Rams' Janoris Jenkins plays it by the book
          by MauiRam
          By Nick Wagoner

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- For St. Louis Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins, the road to riches is paved with a promise.

"I just love football," Jenkins said last week. "I've been playing since I was 7. I almost had it taken from me one time and I told myself and made a promise to my mom and my kids that I won't ever let it happen again."

As Jenkins embarks on his fourth and most important NFL season, the Rams have made signing him to a long-term contract a priority. That Jenkins is this close to landing a second deal with the Rams might come as a surprise to those aware of his college track record.

After a series of off-field incidents, including two marijuana-related arrests, cost him his spot at Florida, Jenkins transferred to North Alabama in an effort to clean up his reputation. He did enough for the Rams to use a second-round pick on him in the 2012 draft.

That's where the promise comes in. It's a promise that, to this point, he's kept. At the threshold of a potentially life-altering payday, Jenkins has much to lose by breaking it now.

In the time since that draft, Jenkins has had just one incident. He was deactivated for violation of team rules before a game against San Francisco his rookie season. Otherwise, he has become, according to coach Jeff Fisher and his teammates, the consummate professional.

For evidence of that professional growth, all we have to do is look to the book.

"Go look at his notebook," safety T.J. McDonald said. "If you want to know something about Janoris, go look at his notebook. He has a full notebook about the receivers he's going against. He takes this thing real serious. He wants to be one of the best. That's the thing about him. One thing that's different about him from other corners is he's sharp mentally. He gets beat, he comes back to the sideline, puts it away and goes back out there and makes another play. You've got to have that to be a good corner and he's got that."

Jenkins was kicked off Florida's team for off-field issues but is now a mainstay on the Rams' defense.
          As a rookie, Jenkins made it a point to shadow veteran corner Cortland Finnegan. Finnegan was known for keeping meticulous notes on receivers he had faced or would face in a season.

Jenkins decided to emulate Finnegan and now has a notebook with about 85 pages full of details on different receivers. Even in the offseason, Jenkins says he will sit down on a Monday afternoon and just watch tape of wideouts across the league.

Jenkins' notes include a receiver's favorite route, routes he doesn't like, how fast he is and how he comes off the ball. With an actual book on the league's wideouts, Jenkins could be poised for a breakout season that could lead to many more with the team that gave him his start.

"I would...
          -08-10-2015, 10:47 PM
        • Rambos
          Janoris Jenkins is he worth the risk?
          by Rambos
          Is he worth the risk? I say hell yeah!

Risky Business Joel Sometimes you've just got to say....

-04-29-2012, 10:29 AM
        Working...
        X