X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by general counsel View Post
    Second. Jimmy G missed the throw to win the game. 100 million to miss a reciever open by a full step with the game on the line. If goff missed a throw like that we would NEVER forgive him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    For me, the miss to a wide open Cooks still has me seething in our SB. It was not to win the game per se but it was an awful miss.

Leave a comment:

• gap
    replied
    I didn't see much of the game (2nd & 3rd qtr) and went to bed after the 9ers went up 20 to 10. Normal bed time for me is 9, and I wasn't staying up to watch the 9ers celebrate a win. Just a bit upset that I didn't stay up and watch the rest of the game.

I think taking the FG after the int, on 4th and 2, was a bit short sighted. The way they're running game was going, they could have easily got the first and maybe even scored.

Thanks for the take on the game.

gap

Leave a comment:

• general counsel
    started a topic super bowl results

super bowl results

Three observations. Shanahan is a bufoon with his play calling. Four passes after two second and fives with the season and super bowl title on the line. Completely gets away from what got him to the title game in the first place, didnt throw to the backs or his all world tight end. Reminds me of mcvays play calling screwups all year. Shanahan learned nothing from losing the falcons the super bowl with his awful play calling in that game. Second. Jimmy G missed the throw to win the game. 100 million to miss a reciever open by a full step with the game on the line. If goff missed a throw like that we would NEVER forgive him. Third. On the 44 yard pass, the hold on Bosa was so obvious that Helen Keller could have seen it. Have NO IDEA how the refs dont make that call. If the kittle pushoff before half is a penalty, how is it not a penalty in the 4th quarter to grab the jersey and then hook the arm around the pass rusher, clearly and obviously influencing the play. If aaron donald was held like that with the game on the line we would all be ballistic today. If bosa isnt held, he may or may not sack mahomes, but he is certainly going to hit him and not give mahomes the extra two seconds to throw up what looked like a 50 yard punt to a wide open receiver.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
    Rams stop saints 26-23 in OT; The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    by general counsel
    The Rams overcame an extremely hostile road environment and rallied from behind to defeat new orleans 26-23 in overtime on a booming dead center 57 yard field goal from The Leg to advance to super bowl LIII for a super bowl xvi rematch against new england. The Rams dug themselves an early 13-0 hole with some ugly play and frankly, the score could have been a lot worse if not for some outstanding red zone defense. A fake punt completion from Hekker to Shields got the Rams moving and a sensational throw from Goff to Cooks followed by a six yard run by Gurley (one of his only five touches for the day) closed the gap to 13-10 at half. Despite going down 20-10 late in the third, the Rams rallied again with 212 yards of offense in the fourth quarter to tie the game on a 48 yard field goal by The Leg with 15 seconds left in regulation, forcing overtime. In overtime, new orleans won the toss but a qb hit by fowler forced a wobbly fly ball from brees which johnnie johnson made a sensational interception on while lying flat on his back, giving the Rams a first down at their own 45. Two sensational throws and plays by Goff, both short gains, but both critical, put the Rams close enough for the Leg to bomb in the game winner. We can now add "The Kick" to "The Catch" and "The Tackle" in Rams folklore of sensational plays. I am so incredibly proud of the resilence that the squad showed today. True, we got a huge break at the end on the non-interference call on Robey-Coleman that may well have ended our season, but if anyone wants to say that non-call in the reason new orleans lost just point out the obvious missed facemask on the Goff scramble at the goal line that cost us four points. Games don't turn on one call. There were lots of close calls and plays in this game. No class at all out of new orleans in their post game comments, but at this point, i could not care less, just looking ahead to the super bowl and our chance to avenge the darkest day in Rams history, at least since the brutal loss in the 1950 title game.

The Good

The Rams as a team never gave up, left it all out on the field and fought their hearts out. Digging a 13-0 hole in that environment and then getting down 10 again at the end of the third was a huge mountain to climb, but we never stopped fighting our hardest and we made enough plays to get it done against a really good team in just about the loudest stadium anyone could ever imagine, against a first ballot hall of fame quarterback.

Goff was not perfect today, he certainly missed some throws and was indecisive when he had a chance to run the ball into the end zone for the go ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter. However, with the game and the season on the line, he outplayed first ballot hall of famer brees and got the job done with some spectacular plays. The third and three scramble late in the fourth quarter that led to the 39 pass to everett was an all-pro...
    -01-20-2019, 09:30 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    I will never complain about the officiating in Super Bowl 36 again
    by AvengerRam_old
    I firmly believe that the officiating in Super Bowl 36 was horrible. I believe that the refs adopted a "let them play" attitude that played right into the hands of the Patriots strategy of ignoring rules relating to the right of receivers to run without being hit after five yards, as well as other rules.

Nonetheless, the past two days has really hammered home the point of how bad fans look when they complain about the officiating.

Regardless of whether you are right or wrong, when you complain about the officiating, you are engaging in a pointless exercise that only makes you look like an excuse-making, "sour grapes," sore loser.

I don't believe that NFL refs ever deliberately favor one team over another, so, when the officiating goes against your team, it really is more about bad luck than it is about any "conspiracy." When that "bad luck" hits on Super Bowl Sunday, it is magnified significantly. But complaining about it does no good.

So, I'm going to pledge here and now to put the SB36 officiating issue to rest. I'll look back at that season simply as a great run by a great Ram team that ended in disappointment.

Hopefully, the Rams will return to the big game soon, and when Super Bowl Monday comes, the refs won't even be discussed.
    -02-07-2006, 10:31 AM
  • AvengerRam_old
    What play(s) still haunt you?
    by AvengerRam_old
    Maybe we can get off of Marc and Torry's back for not completing the long pass against Carolina and talk about some other plays in Rams history that still haunt you to this day.

A few come to my mind...

NFC Championship against Dallas - Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson picks off Pat Haden and seals the deal in a 28-0 rout.

Super Bowl against Steelers - Nolan Cromwell drops interception that would have been a sure 6 points.

The Jim Everett "Phantom" sack.

The non-call intentional grounding by Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

What plays are you still not over?
    -07-03-2004, 08:20 PM
  • general counsel
    Rams flatten falcons 37-10; The Good, Bad and Ugly
    by general counsel
    The Rams snapped their three game losing streak today with a resounding and convincing 37-10 victory of the hapless falcons in a game that really was not as close as the final score indicated. The Rams dominated this game in all facets and knocked atlanta out early in the second half. If not for some missed early opportunities, the game would have been over by halftime. For the first time this year, the Rams did not turn the ball over. We forced three turnovers and dominated with out pass rush, eventually knocking Ryan out of the game. Let's not kid ourselves, atlanta stinks and we couldnt run the ball, but today is a start to build on and hope that we can put together some quality games in a row in the hopes of making a run for the playoffs. Going into this game Atlanta had five sacks on the entire season and none in four games and we all know how badly our offensive line has been struggling to protect Goff given our running game woes. Something had to give between those two considerations today, and fortunately, our line gave Goff plenty of time to do enough damage to the atlanta secondary, while we were able to hit ryan early and often, while completely cutting off their running game. Throw in some solid play on third down, and dominant time of possession, and you have a good recipe for a bounce back victory.

The Good

Fowler was a man possessed today. 7 tackles, 3 sacks and a forced fumble. He spent the entire day in the Atlanta backfield and might have had another two sacks if not for some nifty footwork by Ryan avoiding him. Also solid against the run. Really outstanding game. Donald occupied 2 and 3 blockers, but still had a sack/fumble on the one play for the entire game that for some reason atlanta decided to single him up. Littleton had an INT and a sack.

The Defense on the whole was outstanding. Atlanta manages only 14 first downs, 3-12 on 3rd down, we forced two turnovers on defense (and should have had another one, but we couldnt fall on the fumble). Atlanta's problems have been on defense, their offense has been terrific, but today, we held them to 224 yards of offense and 38 yards rushing on 15 attempts (21 yards of that came on the first drive of the game). We sacked ryan five times (fowler three, donald and littleton) and had nine qb hits. Obviously, that kind of pass rush is going to make a huge difference in winning games. In the games we have lost (especially tampa), donald gets double and tripled and we have not been able to get pass rush and our secondary then gets lit up. The only atlanta td was in pure garbage time at the very end after ryan left with the injured ankle. Ryan was held to 16-27-159 and an INT. Defense had two stops right before half that stopped atlanta from getting any momentum.

The fake punt was terrific, 23 yard throw by hekker to nick scott, the guy we traded up for late in the draft.
    Leg boomed a 55 yard field goal.
    Only...
    -10-20-2019, 04:00 PM
  • general counsel
    Rams lose 45-35 to new orleans: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    by general counsel
    Despite a valiant comeback to overcome a 21 point deficit and pull even in the fourth quarter, the Rams fell short today on the road against a very tough Drew Brees led new orleans team, suffering their first loss of the season by the score of 45-35 in what could prove to be a preview of the NFC championship game. The offense certainly played well enough to win, but subpar red zone play, failure to take advantage of a crucial turnover in the first half, the weekly torching of Marcus Peters, lousy 3rd down play on both sides of the ball, and most importantly a horrific first half defensively were our our undoing today. The Rams were not going undefeated in any event and this game was likely the toughest one on the entire schedule, but the Rams will fly home for a really important division battle next week against the seachickens with a bad taste in their mouth of opportunities lost to win this game. The key will be what the squad learns from this and how they bounce back next week.

The Good

Jared Goff and the offense scored 35 points and gave 483 yards, punting only once. Gurley scored a td for the 12th straight game, although new orleans did a great job of keeping him in check (65 yards rushing and 11 yards receiving). The offensive line allowed zero sacks despite 40 passing attempts by Goff. Goff was 28-40-391-3 td's and one interception for a rating of 115.7. Unfortunately, he made one of his two horrible throws of the game with the outcome on the line late in the fourth quarter when the Rams had a chance to take the lead (see below in bad section on the miss to an open Woods). Goff made several terrific throws, including a couple that were not caught, such as the perfect throw that Higbee dropped in the end zone. The long ball to cooks was terrific and the out pattern to kupp was sensational. The 4th and 2 at the end hit Cooks in the hands. Sure, he got outplayed by Brees, but there is no shame in that. To take the next step, and if realistically we want to win the superbowl or for that matter get to the super bowl, goff is going to have to play his best with the game on the line, something he has not done in the last two weeks. Great catch and run for Malcolm Brown along the sideline for the td.

It was nice to see the tight ends involved today (collectively 5-88 plus the two point conversion to Everett). Cooks played well with 6-114, Kupp was 5-89 with the 41 yard td catch and run and woods was very strong again with 5-71 including any number of really big catches.

No injuries that i saw.
    Leg kicked a 56 yard field goal.
    The defense recovered nicely in the 2nd half holding new orleans to 10 points. Not spectacular, but potentially good enough to win if the offense hadn't died with the game on the line.
    Fowler showed a pulse with a couple of nice pressures and a rare hit on brees along with one tackle for loss. Can't wait for him to play more.
    Donald had...
    -11-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Working...
X