cRams cut/waived but who cares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cRams cut/waived but who cares?

Not being critical just curious. Every time an xRAM gets cut someone posts. We’re never signing this people unless someone things Greg Robinson, Ogeltree, CJ Anderson or Janoris Jenkins are coming back to the Rams. lol. Not that I wouldn’t consider some but not very likely.

I will speak for me. As a 50 year Ram fan, I have felt the pain of our cuts becoming something special elsewhere. So, when I see some of our cuts….cut again, I feel less anxiety! For me, it is what it is.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• psycho9985
      Korin Robinson cut
      by psycho9985
      Updated: June 2, 2005, 8:56 PM ET
      Receiver just pleaded not guilty to DUI

Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. Troubled wide receiver Koren Robinson, who was suspended for substance abuse last season and faces drunken driving charges, was released Thursday by the Seattle Seahawks.

Koren Robinson
      Wide Receiver
      Seattle Seahawks
      2004 SEASON STATISTICSRecYdsTDAvgLongYAC31495216.033169

The team also released veteran cornerback Bobby Taylor, signed as a free agent last season after starring with Philadelphia. Taylor was troubled by injuries for much of last year.

Robinson sat out six of the final seven games last year for disciplinary reasons -- two games for breaking team rules and four for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

He pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Kirkland Municipal Court to drunken and reckless driving and is due back in court on July 18, The News Tribune of Tacoma reported.

Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, declined immediate comment Thursday afternoon, saying he had not spoken with Robinson.

Robinson was the ninth overall pick in the 2001 draft. His best season was 2002, when he had 78 receptions for 1,240 yards, the only Seattle receiver other than Hall of Famer Steve Largent to record a 1,200-yard season.

His production subsequently declined, with 39 receptions for 536 yards in 2003 and 31 receptions for 495 yards last season.

Robinson played in 57 games in Seattle, with 213 receptions for 3,167 yards and 12 touchdowns.

The team did not mention Robinson's legal problems in a statement announcing his release Thursday, and declined further comment when reached by phone. A day earlier, the team said it was "extremely disappointed and concerned with Koren's situation.

"We have established several programs, both league- and team-sponsored, to support and help him. We will continue to encourage him to use this support network and believe he should be held accountable for his actions."

After a practice April 30, about a week before he was cited for drunken and reckless driving in Medina, Robinson vowed to stay out of trouble.

"I know the consequences," he said at the time. "Either you want to be in the NFL or you don't. And I do. So, I have to do everything I gotta do to stay here."

Robinson was scheduled to earn $1.35 million in 2005. As a multiple offender, he could be subject to additional discipline by the league if convicted of the most recent charges.

Thursday is the first day teams can release players and defer any salary cap penalty until next season.

Robinson was part of an inconsistent Seattle receiving corps that struggled with dropped passes the last two seasons. The Seahawks...
      -06-02-2005, 07:35 PM
    • Nick
      Would the Rams sign AJ Jenkins if he's cut by the *****?
      by Nick
      Remember after the 2012 Draft, when Mike Silver wrote a glowing article about Brian Quick and the Rams' mindset in regard to receivers in that class? Let me job your memory if you don't...

The way Silver describes it, Jenkins was the third receiver on the Rams' board in that class, with only Blackmon and Quick ahead of him.

But believe it or not, it's being reported that Jenkins may be on the roster bubble in San Fran. Jenkins fumbled his lone preseason catch thus far in the exhibition season and, quoting Rotoworld, "was physically manhandled by Chiefs RCB Sean Smith." ***** beat writers are saying he hasn't played well enough to earn a final roster spot.

If the ***** cut Jenkins loose despite his former first round status, do you think Jeff Fisher and Les Snead will bring him in since they thought highly of him in the '12 Draft?...
      -08-17-2013, 04:04 PM
    • macrammer
      Janoris Jenkins Released by NYG
      by macrammer
      This guy was always a ticking time bomb IMO. decent talent but just a problem child…..
      -12-13-2019, 09:33 AM
    • RockinRam
      Godzilla aka Kris Jenkins
      by RockinRam
      Same Godzilla, different uniform.

I can see Nick Leckey's face now. I won't be suprised when on Sunday, Leckey suddenly gets a serious "accidental injury" causing him to sit out, making poor DAN KREIDER play center, and having him annihilated.

We are all counting on you Leckey. If you allow below 23 sacks, we will understand. If above 23 though, you are getting cut....
      -11-06-2008, 08:19 PM
    • MauiRam
      With promise of a big payday, Rams' Janoris Jenkins plays it by the book
      by MauiRam
      By Nick Wagoner

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- For St. Louis Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins, the road to riches is paved with a promise.

"I just love football," Jenkins said last week. "I've been playing since I was 7. I almost had it taken from me one time and I told myself and made a promise to my mom and my kids that I won't ever let it happen again."

As Jenkins embarks on his fourth and most important NFL season, the Rams have made signing him to a long-term contract a priority. That Jenkins is this close to landing a second deal with the Rams might come as a surprise to those aware of his college track record.

After a series of off-field incidents, including two marijuana-related arrests, cost him his spot at Florida, Jenkins transferred to North Alabama in an effort to clean up his reputation. He did enough for the Rams to use a second-round pick on him in the 2012 draft.

That's where the promise comes in. It's a promise that, to this point, he's kept. At the threshold of a potentially life-altering payday, Jenkins has much to lose by breaking it now.

In the time since that draft, Jenkins has had just one incident. He was deactivated for violation of team rules before a game against San Francisco his rookie season. Otherwise, he has become, according to coach Jeff Fisher and his teammates, the consummate professional.

For evidence of that professional growth, all we have to do is look to the book.

"Go look at his notebook," safety T.J. McDonald said. "If you want to know something about Janoris, go look at his notebook. He has a full notebook about the receivers he's going against. He takes this thing real serious. He wants to be one of the best. That's the thing about him. One thing that's different about him from other corners is he's sharp mentally. He gets beat, he comes back to the sideline, puts it away and goes back out there and makes another play. You've got to have that to be a good corner and he's got that."

Jenkins was kicked off Florida's team for off-field issues but is now a mainstay on the Rams' defense.
      As a rookie, Jenkins made it a point to shadow veteran corner Cortland Finnegan. Finnegan was known for keeping meticulous notes on receivers he had faced or would face in a season.

Jenkins decided to emulate Finnegan and now has a notebook with about 85 pages full of details on different receivers. Even in the offseason, Jenkins says he will sit down on a Monday afternoon and just watch tape of wideouts across the league.

Jenkins' notes include a receiver's favorite route, routes he doesn't like, how fast he is and how he comes off the ball. With an actual book on the league's wideouts, Jenkins could be poised for a breakout season that could lead to many more with the team that gave him his start.

"I would...
      -08-10-2015, 10:47 PM
    Working...
    X