RAMS NATION TALK

Collapse

It's a watershed moment in Rams history....

The 57th pick in the draft, coupled with the events of this offseason (most importantly the goff deal and other cap management issues) have brought us to a precipice in modern Rams history. The Rams are clearly in "win-now" mode and McVay and Snead have effectively bet their jobs on the decisions made this off season. Moving on from Goff, who has certainly given us room to complain, but has also been very effective, trading multiple high future picks for Stafford, using 4.25 million of cap on a wide receiver who has a total of 13 catches over the last 2 years, using a 2nd round pick on a 155 pound "receiver" when you have kupp, woods, jefferson and the newly acquired jackson, while looking at what appears to most to be a HUGE MASSIVE deficiency at the center position with multiple quality long term starting centers on the board, prioritizing floyd and betting that he is a dominant pass rusher on his own, not just a guy that gets numbers because of the aaron donald effect, not spending money to otherwise bolster the offensive line, losing troy hill when he got $6 million a year, valuing jackson at the same price as morgan fox, are all decisions (among others), that are going to determine an awful lot about whether mcvay and snead are around for very long.

The Rams have made a HUGE bet on Stafford. I understand it and support it. I think stafford is a hall of fame caliber guy who has played his entire career under the worst possible circumstances. I get it, he is turning 33 and has been banged up. He needs weapons. The Rams have weapons. Did we need a speed guy to open up the field deep? Of course. Should it have been jackson for that kind of cap money and his injury history PLUS a second round pick? Only time will tell, but it sure looks incredibly suspect to me especially given the situation at center. I dont care how good stafford is, if he is getting pressured up the middle over and over in both the pass game and we cant run up the middle, we are going to severely diminish the effectiveness of stafford. We have seen the problems the Rams have had in the past at center. Sullivan was a primary reason we lost the super bowl. Brian Allen is a disgrace in what he has shown to date. Blythe was serviceable at best, no real strength of push from him. Center was the single biggest need going into the off season and we have done nothing to address it. No creative attempts to sign rodney hudson, passing on humphrey, myers, etc with them all on the board, long term solutions to an obvious need. that decision alone is going to be critical in determining the success of our team this year. If TuTu (who i am naming The Bishop after a man i respect enormously) turns out to be tyrek hill, great. if he turns out to be tavon austin and we passed on a multi year starting center to take him, it will be among the biggest draft mistakes in Rams history. I may be remembering this wrong, but i think we took brian leonard...

With 57th pick, the Rams select TUTU ATWELL, WR, LOUISVILLE

PROSPECT SUMMARY - TUTU ATWELL

Louisville wide receiver Tutu Atwell led the ACC in receiving and touchdowns as a sophomore in 2019, just two seasons removed from playing quarterback in high school. He brings elite speed to the table and was often just too much for college secondaries to contain. With a skill set predicated on speed and finesse, Atwell’s ability to get loose in the secondary and break pursuit angles is his appeal at the next level. With that said, his overall skill is very incomplete. He has a diminutive frame, is underdeveloped as a route-runner, has inconsistent hands, and struggles when any sort of contact is introduced. While he has notable limitations, his dynamic speed to get vertical and add a creative layer to the offense is valuable. Atwell is likely a gadgety type player in the NFL, but his competitive spirit and burst can help stress defenses with spacing.

Ideal Role: WR 4/5 that primarily operates from the slot that gets targets down the field and manufactured touches in space.

Scheme Fit: Air Coryell....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • New Topics
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Sort By
  • Order
Clear All
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by r8rh8rmike, 2 days ago
7 responses
1 like
Last Post KoaKoi
by KoaKoi

Started by LARAM, 3 days ago
11 responses
0 likes
Last Post Curly Horns  
Started by r8rh8rmike, 1 day ago
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post r8rh8rmike  
Started by macrammer, 3 days ago
12 responses
0 likes
Last Post RealRam
by RealRam

Started by RamDez, 3 days ago
7 responses
0 likes
Last Post punahou
by punahou

Started by RamDez, 4 days ago
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post punahou
by punahou

Started by clarasDK, 3 days ago
1 response
0 likes
Last Post punahou
by punahou

Started by RamDez, 4 days ago
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post Nick
by Nick

No topics found.
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
Sub-Forums Topics Posts Last Post
Topics: 713 Posts: 2,514
713 2,514
Topics: 32 Posts: 541
Last Post: Rams uniforms
32 541
r8rh8rmike
Topics: 177 Posts: 639
177 639
Topics: 209 Posts: 2,476
209 2,476
Topics: 247 Posts: 1,414
Last Post: Color scheme
247 1,414
RamDez
by RamDez

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 2 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,016 at 10:41 AM on -07-25-2013.

Working...
X