Is this statistic meaningful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this statistic meaningful?

Five teams played the Eagles twice this year. The Eagle beat three of the teams both times.

Arizona and Washington beat the Eagles the first time but both teams lost the second game.

The RAMS are playing the Eagles for the second time. Does this mean the Eagles have an edge, due to the "2nd meetings" record?

I can't find the "poll" button.....:ram:

No, this statistic is more interesting than meaningful. Washington had just came off a loss to the Cowboys, and Arizona was hurt. Both "revenge" wins came on the road but has Arizona ever sold out for anyone but the Cowboys? And then, 50% are Cowboys fans. Here is a stat for you: The Eagles lost to the Raiders by 10 at home, and the Whiners gave the Eagles their only road loss by holding that potent Eagles O to 3 points.

Eagles have been doing it with mirrors playing the NFC East. The Bears were not that good, just look how they won some of their games this year. Fluke carries you only so far. The Bears threw snake eyes against the Eagles.

Comment

Revenge or review?

Obviously, the eagles have not played consistently, hence their
      record.

I was wondering if the 2nd game wins signaled superior "game-planning " by the coaching staff.

After watching what happened with the Strahan-Tucker matchup in New York, I can't say I feel good about some the RAM's coaching staff's game-time play adjustments.....:ram:

Comment

Look at the Rams record...they played 4 teams twice this year...they won the second game on every occasion...

Of course, the Ugles aren't exactly the Saints, Falcons, or Panthers...

And the Rams aren't exactly the Cardinals or Redskins...

:lid:

Comment

We can take all of the stats....

and toss 'em. Stats can say anything you want them to say, depending upon your point of view. The only stat that matters to me is the one on the scoreboard when the clock reads 0:00.

This one's gonna be a sloberknocker (in the words of Jim Ross).

Comment

I don't see the slobberknocker. I really don't think Philly is that good. I see another blowout this week by the Rams.

Comment

The Eagles are that good. The biggest criticism is the run D, which is better than "the numbers" say. Now I know that the last couple of teams don't have "MARSHALL MARSHALL MARSHALL", probably the league's most versatile offensive player, but I like the Iggs chances Sunday. Having talked up Faulk, though, I don't think he's the lynchpin of the Ram O. The key is putting pressure on Warner and forcing bad passes.

Comment

Look at their competition, there defensive and offensive stats, and you will see a different team. They played an extremely slow Bears team. Hey, if its close then I am wrong. I just don't see it.

Comment

Not a big deal

TX, I'm definately with you. I saw this incredible Eagles team on many ocassions this season and they really aren't that good. If we lose we will have played the absolute crappiest game of the year. The Bears were the worst 13-3 team in NFL history and the Bucs were not a good team at all this year. Take two of the five turnovers away and we smoked them too. We played like crap and absolutely deserved to lose that game. There hasn't been a time this year that I watched the Eagles and said, "damn, that's a good football team." They just aren't.

I was much more worried about the Pack than I am about the Birds..

Comment

After further review-meaningless stat

After reviewing just how crappy the Eagles played against Chicago I have to admit that the Eagles just aren't Championship quality material.

If they play the Rams the same way -- no contest...
                    :ram:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                      Eagles to release Pro Bowler Trotter
                      by RamWraith
                      We gotta have him....Don't we??

Jay Glazer
                      FOXSports.com

In a stunning move Tuesday, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with one of the stalwarts of their defense from the last several years.

The Eagles are releasing perennial Pro Bowler MLB Jeremiah Trotter, FOXSports.com has learned. Despite recording 113 tackles in 2006, the Eagles feel that Trotter has lost a step.

Trotter, who has played in Philadelphia for seven of his nine NFL seasons, has registered over 100 tackles in six different seasons, including each of the last two. At 29, Trotter has been one of the Eagles' leaders on defense, along with safety Brian Dawkins.

Trotter was expected to anchor an improved Eagles linebacking corps with the off-season acquisition of Takeo Spikes.
                      -08-21-2007, 07:47 AM
                    • Sweets
                      Wow, 62 yd Kick pwnes the Eagles
                      by Sweets
                      What an end to this game, NFC South totally pwnes the Eagles, ya gotta love it!!!
                      -10-22-2006, 01:15 PM
                    • Nick
                      Eagles MLB Bradley out for season
                      by Nick
                      First from ProFootballTalk...

...and then from NBC Philadelphia......
                      -08-03-2009, 09:55 AM
                    • rammiser
                      Eagles open touchdown favorites
                      by rammiser
                      Wow only seven, with all the talk around here I was sure we would be a 15 point underdog. Guess the oddsmakers didnt panic watching the Rams pre-season either.
                      -08-29-2008, 11:20 PM
                    • r8rh8rmike
                      What's Next For McNabb In Philly?
                      by r8rh8rmike
                      Originally Published: February 11, 2010
                      What's next for McNabb in Philly?
                      By Sal Paolantonio
                      ESPN.com

PHILADELPHIA -- Will the Eagles trade Donovan McNabb? With apologies to the Brett Favre retirement watch, this is the most compelling story of the 2010 NFL offseason.

Eagles coach Andy Reid has said all the right things -- almost. So has McNabb. And that's the problem. This time of year, it's not what they say that counts but what's going on behind the scenes and how you read between the lines.

Philadelphia is the only team in the NFL with all three quarterbacks on its roster going into the final year of their contracts. Teams are calling, wondering who's available, who's not and what the Eagles would want in any potential trade.

The Eagles' front office is listening. But here's the kicker: The Eagles, according to multiple league sources, have so far told teams that both McNabb and his primary backup, Kevin Kolb, are not available.

Now, does that mean the Eagles won't trade McNabb? Definitely not. Most league insiders believe the Eagles are just posturing right now, trying to determine the market and how to proceed. If the team says publicly or privately McNabb is on the trading block, its bargaining position would tank.

Among the teams that have talked to the Eagles, according to multiple sources, are the Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills. The latter two teams are believed to be interested in Michael Vick, who told Reid in his exit interview in January that he wants to be traded to a team that will give him an opportunity to start. Reid promised him nothing, team sources say.

Teams have showed varying degrees of interest in all three quarterbacks, but McNabb is the key. He has said he will be back and wants to be back. But is that necessarily the case? He often makes snide remarks about being underappreciated by both the fans and the media in town. That's nothing new. Former Eagles QB Ron Jaworski faced the same thing. Many big-media-market quarterbacks who don't take the team to the promised land of Lombardi face that kind of relentless scrutiny and rancid doubt.

Publicly, Reid left the door open on a McNabb trade -- if only ever so slightly. Reid at first said that McNabb, 33, would be back in an Eagles uniform in 2010 and reiterated that it's his call to make -- despite the recent shake-up of the team's front office. (General manager Tom Heckert was allowed to leave to take the same job in Cleveland, while Howie Roseman was promoted to take his place.)

But on Jan. 11, when making his final comments about the 2009 season to the local media, here's what Reid said that could be interpreted as he left himself an out:

"I was asked if Donovan would be my quarterback next year, and I said yes," Reid said. "That's what I'm...
                      -02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
                    Working...
                    X