Eagles Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Propaganda

Hey fellow Ram fans. A buddy of mine (well not really) who is a Eagle fan sent me this:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/st...ive.asp?id=256

'Rams love Eagles, tastes like chicken'

They are just pumped about their team, glad to see it actually. Hey they have a good football team. However, I sense they are predictable. They did play 8 games in the NFC East which was not known for its competition level.

Staley is a prototype of Green but smaller. Stop him, then McNabb has to throw. I like the Rams chances with McNabb throwing.

Comment

From what I read,Arch and Fletcher didnt say anything that could be considered bulletin board material.The Eagles feel slighted by the media.Well, we've felt the same way.This game is not going to be an easy win for our Rams.They will have to earn the victory.I dont think they would want it any other way.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
      ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

Eagles propaganda

It´s absolutely OK that their town and their fans support the Eagles. They reached the NFC championship game. That´s it. You have to be a good football team to do that. So i like how they fire themself up.

I read usa today in my hotel this morning. Isn´t it good read, that
        one of the best defenses wasn´t able to stop us at all. WE won the first match, even if it was a close game.

So let them get excited. The Rams know what they can do. If we can come up with a strong defense (ask Brett what he thinks about it) and a solid and balanced offense (like in most of the regular season games) there´s nothing to fear.

Play tough and self-confident and let´s face the Steelers in New Orleans.

Geert

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan

Staley is a prototype of Green but smaller. Stop him, then McNabb has to throw. I like the Rams chances with McNabb throwing.
          Not really. Green is much speedier than Duce. After having heard all about Green's yards-after-contact ability, I was surprised to see him go down more or less on first contact when they played you last Sunday.

Duce is more of a weaver, and an open-field tackle-breaker--maybe even better than Green in that respect--and he's been running hard in the past few games. Not great after taking a hand-off, but on screens and dumpoffs in the open field, he's at his best.

Comment

So, what exactly did those guys say that was so wrong? Sounded to me like they are confident and feel the defense is better now than it was at the begining of the season.

Whiners. The lot of them. Whiners.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Aries51
              Respect????
              by Aries51
              After a fantastic and convincing victory over the Packers I visited espn.com and sure enough the playoff section was overloaded with Mcnabb propaganda.Tom Jackson has predicted an Eagles/Steelers Superbowl!What a joke!I know the Eagles deserve respect and are a very good team,but the media still loves to downplay the Rams success.Well let them.In week 1 we beat the Eagles with an out of sync offense and an inexperienced defense.We have improved dramatically since then,and yes,the Eagles have improved also,but our defense has made huge strides all season long.Right now Mcnabb is red-hot,but is he the Michael Jordan of football?What do you all think of this match-up?
              This is our last NFC opponent this season and every ClanRammers insights and opinions are important to this Rams fan.So what do you all expect to see against the Eagles?

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
              -01-20-2002, 10:17 PM
            • txramsfan
              Philadelphia no shoo in
              by txramsfan
              http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...olds061404.htm

An ominous omen for a season with all the potential to fulfill promises, or an excuse for frantic Eagles fans to fret?

Whether or not the sore right shoulder of Donovan McNabb proves to be a serious injury, the Eagles are hopeful McNabb can carry their offense in 2004. And after three consecutive failed attempts to journey beyond the NFC title game, the Eagles know any trip to Jacksonville is contingent on McNabb’s health.

Andy Reid says he’s not worried. Even after a pair of organized team activities in which Jeff Blake was the team’s No. 1 quarterback (No. 2 QB Koy Detmer recently underwent knee surgery), Reid believes nothing that happens in June can hinder the team in January. Always spinning positives, Reid told the media the injuries to the top two quarterbacks allowed them to get Blake the prescribed number of reps.

Sure, there is a lot of white space on the calendar between today and July 30, when veterans report to Eagles training camp, and we’re a full three months clear of the Eagles-Giants season opener. But the pressure of three failed bids to win the NFC title continues to build. If the Eagles’ window of opportunity is to remain open, Philadelphia has to show its fans the promised land.

The Eagles have broken from their usual financial strategy of spending only on their own emerging, under-30 stars in the offseason. The additions of impact free-agent talent that includes DE Jevon Kearse and WR Terrell Owens cost the Eagles $26.3 million up front, two players who haven’t played a full season in either of their last two. But their impact could be profound, and it must be for the Eagles to realize their Super Bowl dreams in Jacksonville. Owens’ presence should benefit the offense twofold. Obviously, he gives the Eagles a much-needed No. 1 target. With Todd Pinkston and James Thrash serving as McNabb’s top options in years past, Owens is a major upgrade. With Champ Bailey out of the division, McNabb should never enter a Tuesday film session fretting over a divisional matchup with Bailey. The best corner in the division is probably second-year Cowboys LCB Terence Newman unless Will Peterson comes back at 100 percent for the Giants.

Without the aid of an elite cornerback, every division foe should be expected to provide help in the form of a free safety or extra defensive back. Banking on steady double-teams on Owens is a major reason the Eagles are so amped about their running game. With a tremendous line of run blockers, expect breakout seasons from Correll Buckhalter and Brian Westbrook. Buckhalter has the build of an every-down back without being considered an upper-echelon runner. Reid and offensive coordinator Brad Childress plan to continue a rotation at the position, using scatback Westbrook as a change-of-pace back and do-it-all type. Reno Mahe...
              -06-18-2004, 07:52 AM
            • theodus69
              The Philly Curse
              by theodus69
              I think the Viks might take the Eagles, But say the Eagles win and so do the Rams.And the Rams could win w/out a doubt. So how Are the Fans in PHILLY(Probably the worst crowd in football) Going to feel if the Rams Beat them again and The only Reason they are there is because in week 16 , they laid Down for the Rams. This would be classic don't you think? Man I'm hoping! :ramlogo:
              -01-11-2005, 08:55 AM
            • r8rh8rmike
              What's Next For McNabb In Philly?
              by r8rh8rmike
              Originally Published: February 11, 2010
              What's next for McNabb in Philly?
              By Sal Paolantonio
              ESPN.com

PHILADELPHIA -- Will the Eagles trade Donovan McNabb? With apologies to the Brett Favre retirement watch, this is the most compelling story of the 2010 NFL offseason.

Eagles coach Andy Reid has said all the right things -- almost. So has McNabb. And that's the problem. This time of year, it's not what they say that counts but what's going on behind the scenes and how you read between the lines.

Philadelphia is the only team in the NFL with all three quarterbacks on its roster going into the final year of their contracts. Teams are calling, wondering who's available, who's not and what the Eagles would want in any potential trade.

The Eagles' front office is listening. But here's the kicker: The Eagles, according to multiple league sources, have so far told teams that both McNabb and his primary backup, Kevin Kolb, are not available.

Now, does that mean the Eagles won't trade McNabb? Definitely not. Most league insiders believe the Eagles are just posturing right now, trying to determine the market and how to proceed. If the team says publicly or privately McNabb is on the trading block, its bargaining position would tank.

Among the teams that have talked to the Eagles, according to multiple sources, are the Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills. The latter two teams are believed to be interested in Michael Vick, who told Reid in his exit interview in January that he wants to be traded to a team that will give him an opportunity to start. Reid promised him nothing, team sources say.

Teams have showed varying degrees of interest in all three quarterbacks, but McNabb is the key. He has said he will be back and wants to be back. But is that necessarily the case? He often makes snide remarks about being underappreciated by both the fans and the media in town. That's nothing new. Former Eagles QB Ron Jaworski faced the same thing. Many big-media-market quarterbacks who don't take the team to the promised land of Lombardi face that kind of relentless scrutiny and rancid doubt.

Publicly, Reid left the door open on a McNabb trade -- if only ever so slightly. Reid at first said that McNabb, 33, would be back in an Eagles uniform in 2010 and reiterated that it's his call to make -- despite the recent shake-up of the team's front office. (General manager Tom Heckert was allowed to leave to take the same job in Cleveland, while Howie Roseman was promoted to take his place.)

But on Jan. 11, when making his final comments about the 2009 season to the local media, here's what Reid said that could be interpreted as he left himself an out:

"I was asked if Donovan would be my quarterback next year, and I said yes," Reid said. "That's what I'm...
              -02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
              One Fan's Prediction: Rams 13 - Eagles 31
              by Guest
              Unfortunately, I have to put this game down as a loss. :|

I know some of you want me to pick this from my heart, but that's never worked before. Knowing Linehan and Haslett were gonna struggle most of the game. Our offensive line will get Bulger killed because their out of shape and unprepared. Our horrible secondary will be chasing them all day. Andy Reid will be out-scheming us as usual and there will be numerous "big plays" that many will be excusing. Saying "if we'd gotten rid of that 30-40-50-60 yard touchdown run and pass we'd have had a close game". Most however will be immediately demanding Linehans job. That's the only positive I can imagine.

Rams - 13
              Eagles - 31

Another long season I'm fraid.
              -08-30-2008, 02:28 PM
            Working...
            X