Eagles Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Propaganda

Hey fellow Ram fans. A buddy of mine (well not really) who is a Eagle fan sent me this:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/st...ive.asp?id=256

'Rams love Eagles, tastes like chicken'

They are just pumped about their team, glad to see it actually. Hey they have a good football team. However, I sense they are predictable. They did play 8 games in the NFC East which was not known for its competition level.

Staley is a prototype of Green but smaller. Stop him, then McNabb has to throw. I like the Rams chances with McNabb throwing.

Comment

From what I read,Arch and Fletcher didnt say anything that could be considered bulletin board material.The Eagles feel slighted by the media.Well, we've felt the same way.This game is not going to be an easy win for our Rams.They will have to earn the victory.I dont think they would want it any other way.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
      ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

Eagles propaganda

It´s absolutely OK that their town and their fans support the Eagles. They reached the NFC championship game. That´s it. You have to be a good football team to do that. So i like how they fire themself up.

I read usa today in my hotel this morning. Isn´t it good read, that
        one of the best defenses wasn´t able to stop us at all. WE won the first match, even if it was a close game.

So let them get excited. The Rams know what they can do. If we can come up with a strong defense (ask Brett what he thinks about it) and a solid and balanced offense (like in most of the regular season games) there´s nothing to fear.

Play tough and self-confident and let´s face the Steelers in New Orleans.

Geert

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan

Staley is a prototype of Green but smaller. Stop him, then McNabb has to throw. I like the Rams chances with McNabb throwing.
          Not really. Green is much speedier than Duce. After having heard all about Green's yards-after-contact ability, I was surprised to see him go down more or less on first contact when they played you last Sunday.

Duce is more of a weaver, and an open-field tackle-breaker--maybe even better than Green in that respect--and he's been running hard in the past few games. Not great after taking a hand-off, but on screens and dumpoffs in the open field, he's at his best.

Comment

So, what exactly did those guys say that was so wrong? Sounded to me like they are confident and feel the defense is better now than it was at the begining of the season.

Whiners. The lot of them. Whiners.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Aries51
              Respect????
              by Aries51
              After a fantastic and convincing victory over the Packers I visited espn.com and sure enough the playoff section was overloaded with Mcnabb propaganda.Tom Jackson has predicted an Eagles/Steelers Superbowl!What a joke!I know the Eagles deserve respect and are a very good team,but the media still loves to downplay the Rams success.Well let them.In week 1 we beat the Eagles with an out of sync offense and an inexperienced defense.We have improved dramatically since then,and yes,the Eagles have improved also,but our defense has made huge strides all season long.Right now Mcnabb is red-hot,but is he the Michael Jordan of football?What do you all think of this match-up?
              This is our last NFC opponent this season and every ClanRammers insights and opinions are important to this Rams fan.So what do you all expect to see against the Eagles?

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
              -01-20-2002, 11:17 PM
            • txramsfan
              Philadelphia no shoo in
              by txramsfan
              http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...olds061404.htm

An ominous omen for a season with all the potential to fulfill promises, or an excuse for frantic Eagles fans to fret?

Whether or not the sore right shoulder of Donovan McNabb proves to be a serious injury, the Eagles are hopeful McNabb can carry their offense in 2004. And after three consecutive failed attempts to journey beyond the NFC title game, the Eagles know any trip to Jacksonville is contingent on McNabb’s health.

Andy Reid says he’s not worried. Even after a pair of organized team activities in which Jeff Blake was the team’s No. 1 quarterback (No. 2 QB Koy Detmer recently underwent knee surgery), Reid believes nothing that happens in June can hinder the team in January. Always spinning positives, Reid told the media the injuries to the top two quarterbacks allowed them to get Blake the prescribed number of reps.

Sure, there is a lot of white space on the calendar between today and July 30, when veterans report to Eagles training camp, and we’re a full three months clear of the Eagles-Giants season opener. But the pressure of three failed bids to win the NFC title continues to build. If the Eagles’ window of opportunity is to remain open, Philadelphia has to show its fans the promised land.

The Eagles have broken from their usual financial strategy of spending only on their own emerging, under-30 stars in the offseason. The additions of impact free-agent talent that includes DE Jevon Kearse and WR Terrell Owens cost the Eagles $26.3 million up front, two players who haven’t played a full season in either of their last two. But their impact could be profound, and it must be for the Eagles to realize their Super Bowl dreams in Jacksonville. Owens’ presence should benefit the offense twofold. Obviously, he gives the Eagles a much-needed No. 1 target. With Todd Pinkston and James Thrash serving as McNabb’s top options in years past, Owens is a major upgrade. With Champ Bailey out of the division, McNabb should never enter a Tuesday film session fretting over a divisional matchup with Bailey. The best corner in the division is probably second-year Cowboys LCB Terence Newman unless Will Peterson comes back at 100 percent for the Giants.

Without the aid of an elite cornerback, every division foe should be expected to provide help in the form of a free safety or extra defensive back. Banking on steady double-teams on Owens is a major reason the Eagles are so amped about their running game. With a tremendous line of run blockers, expect breakout seasons from Correll Buckhalter and Brian Westbrook. Buckhalter has the build of an every-down back without being considered an upper-echelon runner. Reid and offensive coordinator Brad Childress plan to continue a rotation at the position, using scatback Westbrook as a change-of-pace back and do-it-all type. Reno Mahe...
              -06-18-2004, 08:52 AM
            • RamWraith
              And about this Philly crap!!!
              by RamWraith
              f I here one more media/football guru say how Philly gave us the game on Monday night I am going to puke and maybe even go postal!!

Last time I checked we won against Philly's #1 defense. The only person that sat from that game was Kearse on that side of the ball. We have beat this team how many other times with the same exact offense that is on the field now. Without Owens the Eagles are the exact team we have been beating since 1999.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!
              -01-09-2005, 10:02 AM
              One Fan's Prediction: Rams 13 - Eagles 31
              by Guest
              Unfortunately, I have to put this game down as a loss. :|

I know some of you want me to pick this from my heart, but that's never worked before. Knowing Linehan and Haslett were gonna struggle most of the game. Our offensive line will get Bulger killed because their out of shape and unprepared. Our horrible secondary will be chasing them all day. Andy Reid will be out-scheming us as usual and there will be numerous "big plays" that many will be excusing. Saying "if we'd gotten rid of that 30-40-50-60 yard touchdown run and pass we'd have had a close game". Most however will be immediately demanding Linehans job. That's the only positive I can imagine.

Rams - 13
              Eagles - 31

Another long season I'm fraid.
              -08-30-2008, 03:28 PM
            • AlphaRam
              Our First Opponent, The Egals
              by AlphaRam
              OK, folks, Kickoff weekend is 5 weeks away. Personally, I'm ready to kick some Philly butt.

The Beagles have a fight song with a line "Fly Eagles Fly, down the road to victory". Why the hell would a bird fly down a road? That is plain stupid.

Do they think they can beat us with that Scottish quarterback, Donavon McNabb? He's no William Wallace, to be sure.

I'm glad that Dick Vermeil got some minor league experience in Philly some years ago before coaching the Rams to a championship. Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

Did you know the Eagles drafted Jeff Wilkins and released him? How smart was that?

Much of their modern success has occurred when the Rams give them a QB. van Brocklin, Jaworski, Gabriel...OK, they sucked too bad for even ol Roman to bring them up.

The Eagles haven't beat us in a playoff game in almost 60 years. When they did, it was because their former owner was Commissioner and forced the game to be played when the field was not in shape to do so.

Philly has the Liberty Bell, but, hey, they cracked the damn thing. I bet the Heimlich Maneuver was invented in Philly.

Why do they say "yous"? They should say "y'all" like normal people.
              -08-01-2008, 06:38 PM
            Working...
            X