Former plbarnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former plbarnes

So you all don't get confused looking for me, I'm no longer plbarnes (not in here anyway). I am MsWistRAM. More fun, don't you think?

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bruce=GOAT
    Too early to mow
    by Bruce=GOAT
    I have been working the night shift lately and get off at 8 am. I am just interesting in getting some opinions on what time is acceptable to mow my lawn? Is 9 am too early? I don't want to wake my neighbors. I live in a subdivision with neighbors all around and don't know the proper ettiquette.
    -07-27-2006, 08:45 PM
  • HUbison
    I'm a realist
    by HUbison
    That phrase always makes me giggle a little when I hear it. And so this time of year, as you can imagine, there's a lot to laugh about.

That phrase...."I'm a realist".....has been used by countless numbers of fans, yours truly included. But here's the big newsflash:

Everyone considers themselves a "realist".

No fan is going to say "I'm an unrealist. I have no frickin' clue, and you should disregard my opinion as such." Hence, the reason I have to laugh when someone claims themselves to be a "realist". Guess what? We ALL are! It's the equivalent of saying "I'm the type of human that turns oxygen into carbon dioxide". Yea, you and 6 billion others on this big spinning ball.

So, what's really going on with that phrase? I'm sure there's all sorts of motive, but if we're being honest, most of the time that phrase is uttered in the author's attempt to display an opinion valued higher than others. "I'm a realist" is more detailed as "I'm a realist, which means my opinion is what will actually happen. That, of course, contrasts with everyone who disagrees with me; as they are by definition, unrealists."

And I'm absolutely right on this matter, because..........(wait for it, wait for it)..........................I'm a realist.
    -08-27-2012, 09:37 AM
  • RamDez
    Just for fun ......2
    by RamDez
    Here is a good one for you all

There were 2 Rams players who wore 3 different numbers in their stay with the Rams, who were they and what were there numbers
    -01-14-2002, 03:07 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    I will always be an optimist
    by AvengerRam_old
    That's the type of fan I am, and I'm not going to change. So let me be clear on my opinions on the primary naysayers with whom I will never see eye-to-eye:

Ram beat writers who predict doom and gloom. I look to sportswriters to provide me with information to which I don't have access. I also am interested when a knowledgeable writer can provide analysis of aspects of the game regarding which I may not be familiar. What I have no use for is their attempts at prognostication. I have found in my many years of following football that the so-called experts are no better at predicting the future of a team or individual players than I am. And, when all they want to do is create controversy by predicting doom and gloom, I really have no interest.

Message board posters that do the same. There are many who think that its their job to point out the team's flaws and warn the optimists not to get too upbeat. I've got news for you... I don't need anyone to tell me that the Rams have flaws. I'm well aware of that fact. I have never been shy about expressing my opinion when the team makes errors or poor decisions. But I've been a Ram fan for over two and one half decades, and in that span I have started virtually every year with the hope for a championship. I was only right one time, but I'm still an optimist. The day I'm not, I'll find another hobby.

So, here I am, at the start of another Ram season. I am well aware that there are problems to address and weaknesses on the team.

But here it goes:

I think the Rams can win it all this year.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    -08-29-2004, 09:25 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    The Zen of AvengerRam
    by AvengerRam_old
    I don't know what it is.

Maybe, its just that I have a lot of other things going on in my life.

Maybe, its because I'm getting older.

Whatever the reason, I just don't seem to have it in me to get angry about the inevitable criticism, teeth-gnashing, scapegoat hunting and condemnation of the Rams. In the past, I had a passion for providing counter-arguments for every over-the-top, knee-jerk, broad-brushed comment about the team, its players, the coaching staff and the ownership.

I just don't have it in me any more.

I see a lot of hope for this franchise. I believe that there is a young core of players that is bound to produce some significant contributers. I look at Kroenke's rise to power as a sign of good things to come. I believe that there will be more to cheer for this year than most believe there will be, and a playoff appearance within 2-3 years.

I know there are some who doubt this, or wholly disagree. That's fine. I'm tired of arguing. I'm tired of having to explain such obvious concepts as "every team has injuries," or "a player who's been in the league for 3 games cannot be described as a bust."

Its enough already.

I just want to be a fan. To enjoy the anticipation of each Sunday. To cheer until the clock reads 0:00. To find reason for hope even when things are down.

That's what made being a fan fun for me when I was a kid. Why should it be different now?

For those "naysayers" out there... well... I've fought the good fight against you. I'll continue to try to drown you out with my optimism, but I'm done playing your game. Nothing will ever eradicate those types of "fans," so why bother trying?

There's a big circle around 9/12/10 on my calendar. I get to travel to St. Louis once more and watch the start of another Rams season. I will do so with the belief, even if unrealistic, that this could be the year when it all turns around.

I can't wait.
    -07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Working...
X