X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Stripe Jersey's?

Why Dont we use them anymore.

Re: Gold Stripe Jersey's?

It's called marketing. It's all about the $$$. Lots of fans always need the latest and greatest so it's a way to make more $$$.

We won the superbowl and then changed our uniform, lots of money to be made there. Then make some more subtle changes and fans will buy the newest.

Comment

The Rams had planned to change the uniforms before they won the SuperBowl.

Comment

I didnt like that stripe.It made the uniform to gaudy,but i'd still like to see stripes on the pants.

Comment

I didn't know that, but still it's all about the money. Winning the superbowl just sold more jerseys then we would have if we had not won the superbowl. Money money money $.

Comment

Well they are part of the NFL and it is a buisness so I would be surprised if they had a buisness plan to not make money

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez
              Well they are part of the NFL and it is a buisness so I would be surprised if they had a buisness plan to not make money
              For that reason we might see a change again soon.White horns and a little gold highlight on them wouldnt be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez
                Of course Just answering the first posters question as to why.

Comment

I love stripes on jersey, It made the jersey look more interesting. Have you noticed that the size of the stripes were different, depending on the players' position?

I hope they bring back old jerseys once in a while, that would be fresh to the eyes. But since the rams have always chage their uniform looks every other year, I've expecting there'll be some changes in pants. What about blue pants on road uniform and gold-stripes socks on the upper half. I think stripes socks are very classic, even the colts did bring them back.
                  :helmet: The Greatest Show on Turf :helmet:

! Best offense ever !

Comment

I just want too see the Rams wear the classic Blue and White Jerseys again.

Comment

yea that kicked ass, i was hoping we would were them when we played the titans, but nope.

Comment

I just want too see the Rams wear the classic Blue and White Jerseys again. --RJ39
                        Clan-ram01, RJ39 ... now that's what I'm talking about! :up:

:1: 1965-1972: http://www.stlouisrams.com/History/Uniforms/

Comment