Super Bowl MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl MVP

I'm not sure if this is the job of a moderator, but I would like to predict the super bowl mvp.

If the rams win: K. Warner

If the Patriots win: A. Smith

I put Wistrom down first, but decided that Kurt will need to shoulder the majority of the rams offense for a win, as I think Marshall is still recovering from the eagles game. On the other hand something tells me that our D could be the key to a ram victory.

Go rams!

:helmet:

This is a tough one...

I have this feeling that someone besides Marshall and Kurt will win the Super Bowl MVP for some reason... just a gut feeling I guess. Maybe one of our defensive guys will have a huge game, I'm not sure. ;)

:shield:

Comment

I hope it's Faulk, but I think it could be Willams....He has been tremendous.:ram:

Comment

I 'm with you RADJOHNS I think it will be WARNER, he aired it out last time they met and I see him doing it again!!

GO RAMS
        "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

I've posted this in another thread but I'm hoping for Yo Murphy to run back the KO for a TD and end up MVP. Now I know it's more likely to be Warner but if Yo gets MVP - you read it first on Clanram ;)
          :helmet:
          GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

I'm still thinkin it's Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, but wouldn't it be really great if it turned out to be Williams. To me he has has such a great impact on the Rams this year. He should be awarded the Rams franchise MVP (ya know, if they had one).

M:ram: C

Comment

have this feeling that someone besides Marshall and Kurt will win the Super Bowl MVP for some reason... just a gut feeling I guess. Maybe one of our defensive guys will have a huge game, I'm not sure.

I kinda like this guy to win it

Comment

I have a fealing that either holt, bruce, or hakim will win it. dont know what one yet but i think one of them will because they cause so many matchup problems for the pats D that one of them will have a tremendous game.

GO RAMS!!:ram:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AlphaRam
                  Super Bowl XXXIV MVP: Kurt Warner
                  by AlphaRam
                  Found on NFL.com

Super Bowl XXXIV MVP: Kurt Warner
                  SuperBowl.com wire reports

ATLANTA (Jan. 31, 2000) – Kurt Warner was greeted by the rare winter chill last week. He experienced those same conditions when he participated in NFL Europe League training camp two years ago in Atlanta.

"It was ironic when we came out last week and it was cold and the icy rain," Warner said.

So on Sunday, Warner took it upon himself to heat up the town.

Warner, making his prime-time NFL debut, passed for a record 414 yards and won MVP honors as the Rams defeated the Tennessee Titans 23-16 in Super Bowl XXXIV. Warner erased Joe Montana's old Super Bowl record of 357 yards in Super Bowl XXIII.

"I'll remember last night for the rest of my life," Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said as he introduced Warner during Monday's Super Bowl MVP news conference.

Warner put St. Louis ahead with 1:54 left to play when he hooked up with Isaac Bruce for a 73-yard touchdown. He didn't see the play as it unfolded because Titans defensive end Jevon Kearse was bearing down on him. However, Warner did watch the replay from his hotel room several times.

"The great catch he made, then the run after the catch (was great)," Warner said.

Warner did most of his damage in the first half when he passed for 277 yards and drove St. Louis into the red zone on five straight trips. His performance was indicative of the type of passing clinic he put on throughout the year.

Warner beat out teammate Marshall Faulk for league MVP honors after passing for 4,353 yards, 41 touchdowns and leading the Rams to a 13-3 mark in the regular season. He only got a chance to start this year because Trent Green, signed last offseason by the Rams, suffered a season-ending injury in the preseason.

"I was going to continue to play football as long as I could," the signal-caller from Northern Iowa said. "… I was getting to the point thinking how much longer am I going to have before people say he is too old to give him an opportunity."

Previously, Warner got his opportunities in the Arena Football League and NFL Europe but had no serious shot in the NFL after being cut by the Green Bay Packers in 1994.

"From a quarterback standpoint, it's easier to fall through the cracks than any other position," Rams coach Dick Vermeil said, "because normally within a pro football franchise you already have a starting quarterback or you're about to draft a first-round pick … This type of athlete entering the National Football League doesn't get what you call an equal opportunity."

Warner made the best of his.
                  -03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
                • Aries51
                  Kurt Warner MVP
                  by Aries51
                  Kurt Warner has just been awarded the MVP for the second time.Can you all believe that a Ram has won the MVP for three years in a row?This is a very special time to be a Rams fan.I was leaning towards Faulk winning it this year,but I am very happy that Kurt got the award.Kurt is a very special athlete and we are blessed to have him on our side.This has been a fantastic season and even Kurt said that it is all about the team and that the teams focus is on the Super Bowl.(I paraphrased that a bit.)Anyway,I love this football team and in my wildest dreams I could not have imagined these last three years.Thank God for the Rams!

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
                  -01-10-2002, 06:11 PM
                • CarolinaRam
                  MVP Introductions: Kurt Warner
                  by CarolinaRam
                  In todays Super Bowl pregame, it was nice to hear those words:

St. Louis Rams, Kurt Warner

A nice idea to have many of the past SB MVPs to come out of the tunnel. A lot of history there. Some guys showed a little more personality than others.
                  -02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
                • thoey
                  Fox, Temple Hill Acquire Super Bowl MVP QB Kurt Warner’s Life Rights For Feature
                  by thoey
                  I wanted to put this on the Rams page, but guess it should go here instead...

Fox, Temple Hill Acquire Super Bowl MVP QB Kurt Warner’s Life Rights For Feature

By MIKE FLEMING JR | Monday July 29, 2013 @ 2:31pm PDTTags: 20th Century Fox, Kurt Warner, Movie Deal, NFL, Temple Hill
                  Comments (7)
                  Mike Fleming

EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has acquired the life rights to develop a feature based on the life of Kurt Warner, who went from stocking shelves at a grocery store for $5.50 an hour to become one of the most prolific passers in NFL history. The film will be produced by Temple Hill partners Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, and part of the rights package will include Warner’s autobiography All Things Possible: My Story Of Faith, Football And The Miracle Season. Warner’s about the closest thing you’ll find to being the antithesis of scandal-scarred jocks like Lance Armstrong or A-Rod. His single-season stats stack up favorably to football’s great passers, but what distinguishes Warner — and makes for a strong, feel-good underdog story — is how much adversity and futility he had to overcame before getting a chance. He’s like Rudy, if that Notre Dame practice player had a cannon arm.

Warner, considered to be the best undrafted player ever, won two NFL MVP Awards and quarterbacked the St. Louis Rams to two Super Bowl appearances (winning one), and he would later lead the Arizona Cardinals to another Super Bowl appearance. It took him years to even get the league to notice him. Playing college ball for Northern Iowa, Warner was skipped over in the draft and then cut by the Green Bay Packers as an unheralded free agent who became odd man out competing against Brett Favre, vet Mark Brunell and Heisman Trophy winner Ty Detmer. After stints stocking shelves and then returning to school as a grad assistant to support his family, Warner got a shot in Arena Football and made the most of it, lighting up the league over two seasons. His next NFL chance was supposed to come when a tryout was extended by the Chicago Bears, but a spider bite on his throwing elbow nixed his chance. That chance came when the St. Louis Rams signed him in 1998, only to send him to Europe to play, and then let him rot on the bench. The following season, when first-string passer Trent Green got injured in preseason, Warner took over and put on an aerial display that shocked the league and even his own coaches. He became the first player to throw three TD passes in each of his first three games, finished the season with 41 and winning league MVP. He then led the Rams to victory in Super Bowl XXXIV, winning Super Bowl MVP honors. Warner retired in 2010.

Said Warner: “For so long people have told me my life story would make a great movie. I am humbled and thrilled to have found a team as excited as I am to make that happen.”

Godfrey said the deal...
                  -07-30-2013, 02:08 PM
                • DJRamFan
                  Mvp??
                  by DJRamFan
                  Who should be the NFL MVP this season?
                  Boston, AZ - 1,413 yds, 6 TD
                  0.00%
                  Warner, STL - 4,191 yds, 99.2 rating, 30 TD
                  53.33%
                  Stewart, PIT - 2,786 yds, 86.8 rating, 11 TD
                  6.67%