Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million things to say

Where to start....MAN!

On the officiating in which I don't normally complain about. Those of you that taped the game go back and watch the last drive. There is a play that they stopped the clock when it should have keep running the receiver caught the ball in bounds and hit the turf and rolled out...ALA 15 seconds...the no call on the intentional grounding was bush plan and simple. There was 3 seconds left on the clock at the end of the game the vanished.

As far as the lose goes...I hope this burns DEEP into this team, I hope Marz walks away learning a little something from this game, that no matter the game players still need leaders. A person that will not let egos get to high and a person that can harness the emotion needed to match that of your opponent, that my friends is what a head coach does. Players need to realize that they are human...no person or team is perfect. It takes EVERYONE playing to MAX Q.

I have no regrets from this season...I love the Rams win or lose. This team has brought as much joy to me over the last few season then I have ever felt. I HATE to lose, but I need to remember that I do not control this team or have ANY effect on its outcome and the truly important things in life I still have and that is my family and my health (and my Pagers).

When feeling down about the game...try to remember the magic of the '99 season...the Pats and their fans get to feel that feeling we got to feel, how special was that. Try to remember all the FUN times you have had on Sundays the last 3 years compared to the 10 before that. Our team is special it is now and ALWAYS will be and will always be remembered.

CONGRATULATIONS NEW ENGLAND!!!

Jason-Heart Broken

Good post J-RAM, made me feel a whole lot better!!! We will be back!!

:ram: RAMS forever win or lose
    "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

The day after...

Thanks J-Ram... :cool:

:ram:

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering about the three seconds at the end. I was convinced we'd at least have a shot at a miracle return a la The Music City Miracle, but the clock kept ticking down and that was that.
        Don't get me wrong, I don't think for a second we'd have taken the ball to the house from kick off (not with our return game this year) but we should have got a shot at it.
        Can anyone tell me what the exact ruling is for the clock stopping after a field goal?

Comment

Media Hype

I think the pre-game media Hype had a lot to do with the emotional state of the players. All the hype gave the Patriots a "Nothing to Lose" scenario. I felt it all week. The Rams couldn't win the game because they could not find an emotional handle on it, a handle that came all too easily for the Patriots thanks to the medial hype.

Comment

:ram:
            I was wondering about the Int. Grounding also. On the replay, you can clearly see that he isn't outside the box.

On the time left at the end, I can't believe that Summeral or Madden didn't say anything about it.

Oh well,

Comment

:wiseman: I think J-Ram is a good example of what a fan should be and if i got bity with any of my posts I apologize to all.

I need to folloe the example of #28../he handled it with class.

Comment

Hey J-man (say hi to the family for me), I did look at the tape. You're right about the officiating. Have several notations made where a call was ignored that could have made the difference. The whole concept of easing up on the officiating to allow them to "play the game" makes no sense.

I managed to come away from this without getting totally depressed. Hey, I'm still proud of our guys and the way they bounced back from a lackluster season. I think they can and will bounce back from this blow. If anything, I think St. Louis should have gone on with the parade to welcome our boys back home with open arms. I would have.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fat Pang
                  The first ten minutes.
                  by Fat Pang
                  I really wasn't sure which forum to put this post in. It's about football, but it's not about the Rams or the NFL. It's also very personal, or at least it's very personal in the sense that it's purely about my sensory perceptions of the first ten minutes of a football game from a players point of view. So, I plumped for the the default choice of the lounge, on the basis that in the unlikely event that I offended anyone with my musings, not very many people would see it.

As I think we can all agree, whether Ram fans or not, (and there are some who grace our forums who add to this site and aren't) the start of the football season is something to be savoured and anticipated. We start thinking about the future as soon as our teams last snap is concluded. Whether we were happy with the achievments of our chosen team or not,the future provides the panacea for all ills. Anything is possible in the virtual nirvana that is the future. Worst to first in one season is possible, we all know it, so what's to stop us from dreaming?

It's one of the best features of the human condition, a natural optimism, that, guided by the love of the sport, finds itself a comfortable chair, a jaundiced view and dreams of glories to come. I've already discussed this somewhere else of course, and informed you all of my intention to look for the best this season. I'm sincere in that and hope that I'm pleasantly surprised, but I realised this morning that as I did so, I was talking from a fans point of view.

This is natural of course because I am an armchair fan, but I was also a player for nearly eight years, and so realised that there are other points of view to explore. Player and fan aren't necessarily related either. At college, I knew guys who loved playing the game and were very good at it but who hated watching it and regarded the three hours spent doing so as a complete waste of time. Happy to have their own bones broken, but not too interested in seeing others break theirs.

So there is a difference that we often ignore when it comes to being passionate about the result of a football game and the outcome of a season and the vantage point from which you view it.

We're all guilty of it too. How often have we screamed at the television, berating those players who are on the wrong end of a caning for not caring quite as much as we do? How often have we held them culpable for dashing our dreams? How often have we accused them of being paycheque(paycheck) players with all that is implied in that statement?

I know that I felt that I had cause to do all those things for virtually the entire 90's.:x

However at work this morning, whilst writing a lesson plan that would teach chinese children whose native language is Cantonese, to write Japanese Haiku poetry in English, (Not as hard as it sounds) I thought about this very pertinent fact, something I was surprised I hadn't considered...
                  -09-06-2006, 06:36 AM
                • RamsFanSam
                  The no good, the very bad, and the just plain FUGLY...
                  by RamsFanSam
                  So, I got up yesterday morning at 5:30 AM, excited for opening day of our Rams season. I drive to OTC, driving around for a half hour, searching for a decent parking place. I found one close to my classroom - right next to a dark blue Ram pickup with a Rams logo sticker in the window. Yes, it was an omen of good things for the rest of the day...

First, Mechanical Power Transmission class and an unannounced quiz - I scored 100%. Yes, it was another omen of first game success.

Then, Fluid Mechanics - another pop quiz, another 100%.

I come home, call my health insurance company, and end up spending almost 3 hours trying to explain to them that when my bank transfers money from my account to theirs, that means the bill IS paid. Then, I had to help Brenda take care of a couple of sick foster kittens, which meant running to the store to pick up things, return them, and pick up different things, feeding them with a syringe, and wiping poop off their rear ends. By the time all this was done, it was 30 minutes from kickoff. I should have burned some sage, called a priest, built a shrine to Jobu and sacrificed a chicken, or SOMETHING...

Then the game started. I think it was about 90 seconds into the first quarter when it hit me.

This team, the same team that Kroenke, Fisher, and everyone else promised us was going to be a juggernaut - it wasn't just the same old Rams we had in St. Louis. No, this was a different Rams team. Playing the very first game of a new season, with players that we were told were at the top of the heap, every Rams fan was sure that we were going to see a much improved product on the field, and the whiners would cower in fear.

No, these aren't the same Rams we had in 2015. These Rams - they are special. They take us back to a time in our past that some of us remember well. They give us the same feeling of the Rams of days gone by. These 2016 Rams are out to set or at least tie the records set by the Rams of lore.

In other words...it was like watching the 2009 Rams. On Xanax.

I am praying for a miracle before this Sunday. Seeing the Rams on the field for the first time this season was something I have been waiting for. After seeing every weakness exposed last night, I hope we don't have to wait much longer for a win.
                  -09-13-2016, 04:57 PM
                • jdpbmo
                  Lets save all the
                  by jdpbmo
                  proud of our boys, what a great year, we had some terrific accomplishments, and all that other crap for another day. What kind of defense did they play on that drive? How can you go into a "back up and let them get chunks of yards at a time" defense? What exactly was Lovie calling? I am filled with a tremendous amount of negativity right now just because of the embarrasement we showed for 3 quarters in the biggest game of the year. That forth quarter we showed how good we could be, but then in an instance we let a snot-nose drive right up the field with practically no time on the clock and no timeouts to use. How can anyone justify or rationalize what happened out there? Certainly not by the "thanks for the terrific year boys" or "now we've got something to build on for next year"? Congrats to the Pats for doing what they had to. Their defense was super for 3 quarters and their game plan worked to a tee. Not one player on their team was outstanding until the last drive of the game when Brady was unstoppable and Vinetari was gold. When the Rams scored to tie it up I told my wife that the two problems the Rams had were first, Troy Brown was an outstanding return man and we needed to prevent him from getting a big return. Second, I told her that they had the best field goal kicker in the game and there was still about a minute and 22 seconds left. Now if I am a big football fan, yet far from coach material, wouldn't you think the Rams players and the coaches would be aware of these two very crucial things. I hope to god they weren't in some sort of prevent in the end.
                  -02-03-2002, 08:14 PM
                • RamWraith
                  We are Ram Fans...right?
                  by RamWraith
                  WOW...where to start.

I know I love this team and when the chips get down I try to remember the magical season of 1999. I try to remember what it means to be a good fan and how I would I feel if I was in the players position under hostile attacks by "fans". I try to remember what is truly important in life and how so much of my being a fan is out of my control.

We all want this team so badly to be perfect. We all start the year with so many hopes and dreams, and it hurts like hell when them dreams get crushed. For me, each week is a new dream and when things like this happen in a season it is then I have to look ahead and hope for the best each week and not look so much at the past. For me win or lose I will always bleed Blue and Gold. No one will ever take that away from me. And no ones opinions will ever change that love.

There is always hope...it just is a different kind of hope as the season changes. It may no longer be that of the Super Bowl for that year, but maybe it is seeing a player break a record, or maybe it is a player growing into their position on the team. Or maybe it is a draft pick, or maybe it is knowing you have an opportunity to see the team you love in person. No matter what it is, you have to hang on to it. You must remember what exactly makes you a fan of this team. Is it purely based on a winning percentage or does it go deeper than that. True fans know the answer and they feel it deep inside. The reason we get so mad and look to blame anyone and point fingers across the street is because we truly love this team. We care so much it really hurts to fail. Our expectations coming into every season is to win them all. Truth be told...one team wins the game we all are hoping for. There will always be disappointments when you are a true fan. You will always have to face tests and adversity. We as fans will survive, even though it is painful we need to stand tall and be proud. We are Ram fanatics, win or lose. I haven't lost hope. Have you?
                  -09-23-2007, 03:21 PM
                • bloodnhall
                  What is your most cherished Ram memory.
                  by bloodnhall
                  Isn't it great that when you haven't thought of something you cherish in awhile and something is said that like a time warp, takes you to your moment. Here's mine,I was back to the New Years eve 1979 to 1980 day when the Rams played the Cowboys in the playoffs. My Father, my stepmom, my brother and his wife, my best friend and his wife, and my wife (then girl friend) were at my condo watching the game.
                  CBS wanted a Dallas-Steeler rematch, the experts gave us no chance. Dallas beat us in a regular season game 30-6. And for the first time we were a nine point underdog (largest ever). But our Rams had a 14-5 halftime lead, we were going nuts. Then late in the fourth quarter dallas tooka 19-14 lead and it looked like another snakebitten playoff loss by our Rams. Then when Vinnie hit Waddy for that 50 yard TD, this is exactly what happened in my living room.
                  I slide on my knees like I am on ice to one inch from the TV screen my ears and eyes are focused on one thing A FLAG. I see none our Ram players dont act like their is one and they say their isn't one.
                  I turn around and this is what I see. The 7 of hem our hugging each other and our jumping up and down like it is one person with 14 legs. I run to join them, but my momentum as I hug knocks us off balance and all 8 of us hugging as one crash into my coffee table breaking it in pieces with crap going everywhere, but, we don't even give it a thought. ALL 8 keep hugging each other and screaming with joy. What is etched forever in my mind is the faces of my Father and Brother virtually and inch from my face with yelling and smiling. Since they are no longer with us, that moment is my moment. And I need it. what's yours?
                  -02-28-2002, 08:22 PM
                Working...
                X