News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News

The Boston Globe reports the Atlanta Falcons have asked the St. Louis Rams for permission to interview GM Charley Armey about taking over their personnel department and football operation. Armey has not worked with coach Dan Reeves, but he spent three years in Atlanta's scouting department between 1988-90.

I am ignorant on what this will mean...will this be a BIG deal or just one more change?

Comment

yeap

kind of a big deal. Armey is in charge of pro scouting and finding the talent. He has found people like Fletcher, Warner, Watson and tells us who we should draft and in what position. He is of value.

Comment

He is of EXTREME value to the overall running of the team, a change in that department could spell a drop in the talent pool in St. Louis.

He's a smart guy, i'd be kinda surprised to see him go from where he is now, but with new $$$ in Hotlanta, it could entice him to go.

Comment

:wiseman: Thanks for helping this rookie out. I see now what you mean, he is major valuable! Especially if we are about to let big money players go to get new blood. Well, I guess it never pays to think you have it all in place because just when you get comfortable with the way things are ....they change. The more I'm learning about the business end I don't like it. I enjoy the games. Thanks again for not making fun of me. I appreciate the help.:nerd:

Comment

Originally posted by 28rulz
            The more I'm learning about the business end I don't like it. I enjoy the games. Thanks again for not making fun of me. I appreciate the help.:nerd:
            hey, not a problem, glad to help ya out, any more questions feel free to ask, that's what we're all here for

Comment

:cool: I really do appreciate the help. I put off getting into football because I simply didn't understand it. It is good to be able to ask ?'s........I wouldn't want to look foolish!:nerd:

Comment

Working...
              X