• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovie still not safe...

I am still not sure what Tampa is doing...you think we got problems

Friday, February 8

Bucs, Glazers break off talks with Lewis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

In a stunning move that throws the franchise even deeper into chaos, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers abruptly broke off negotiations Friday afternoon with Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis, and will look elsewhere for a head coach, ESPN.com has learned.

General manager Rich McKay informed agent Ray Anderson that Bucs ownership, principally vice presidents Bryan Glazer and Joel Glazer, would not authorize the hiring of Lewis, who was to have been introduced next Monday as the new head coach.

The move came after the Glazer brothers met with Lewis for five hours on Thursday evening at a site near Baltimore. They returned to Tampa and, on Friday morning, apprised McKay of their decision. McKay, who is almost certain now to leave the franchise, was said by team sources to have been stunned by the sudden reversal.

"I feel badly that Marvin had to be the victim of what appears to be a power struggle between the Glazer family and Rich McKay," said Anderson. "Rich acted in good faith through the process but the treatment afforded Marvin by the Glazer family was shabby, to say the least."

There is no indication of where the Glazers, who clearly are seeking a higher-profile coach to succeed the deposed Tony Dungy, will turn next.

To the Rams benefit, the Glazers don't usually like to return people to the family. Once you leave, you leave.

We'll see.

Comment

:ram: I hope you are right txramsfan, I don't know wht Lovie left, but I hope he doesn't want to go back. I still won't rest till I hear for certsin..

Comment

Working...
      X