No announcement yet.

What is your most cherished Ram memory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your most cherished Ram memory.

Isn't it great that when you haven't thought of something you cherish in awhile and something is said that like a time warp, takes you to your moment. Here's mine,I was back to the New Years eve 1979 to 1980 day when the Rams played the Cowboys in the playoffs. My Father, my stepmom, my brother and his wife, my best friend and his wife, and my wife (then girl friend) were at my condo watching the game.
    CBS wanted a Dallas-Steeler rematch, the experts gave us no chance. Dallas beat us in a regular season game 30-6. And for the first time we were a nine point underdog (largest ever). But our Rams had a 14-5 halftime lead, we were going nuts. Then late in the fourth quarter dallas tooka 19-14 lead and it looked like another snakebitten playoff loss by our Rams. Then when Vinnie hit Waddy for that 50 yard TD, this is exactly what happened in my living room.
    I slide on my knees like I am on ice to one inch from the TV screen my ears and eyes are focused on one thing A FLAG. I see none our Ram players dont act like their is one and they say their isn't one.
    I turn around and this is what I see. The 7 of hem our hugging each other and our jumping up and down like it is one person with 14 legs. I run to join them, but my momentum as I hug knocks us off balance and all 8 of us hugging as one crash into my coffee table breaking it in pieces with crap going everywhere, but, we don't even give it a thought. ALL 8 keep hugging each other and screaming with joy. What is etched forever in my mind is the faces of my Father and Brother virtually and inch from my face with yelling and smiling. Since they are no longer with us, that moment is my moment. And I need it. what's yours?

This has already been discussed in the "HOW and WHEN" thread, so it might be easier to just add on to that.

:shield:

Comment

Only trouble with that is that's not "how" or "when"
      I became a Ramfan. But, if it makes it easier, I'm for it.

Comment

wow

Anyone got an extra 2 hours and I can tell you all

In all honesty...there are so many for me that are special I wouldn't know what to say...REALLY!

Outside of my family I would say the Rams are the next important thing (hobby per say) in my life....how do you say that only one thing is most memorable. Its like asking me what is the most memorable thing my daughter has done

this make any sense???

Comment

I relate

My Father was a die-hard Ramfan and he passed on a half year ago. And I know exactly how you feel. take care.

Comment

bloodnhall, that was beautiful, man. I don't have anything as good as that. hahaha that was funny (and i'm the same way, ALWAYS looking for a flag)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
              My Life: Challenges, Choices And Incredible Love
              by RamWraith
              MY LIFE: CHALLENGES, CHOICES AND INCREDIBLE LOVE

by ISAIAHKACYVENSKI

My story begins in the small, blue-collar town of Endicott, New York, nestled between the Susquehanna River and the Adirondack mountains near the Pennsylvania border. I was born in Syracuse and was the youngest of five children. My parents both experienced broken childhood lives in and out of orphanages, neither really having a positive figure in their life to emulate. For my entire adolescence my family lived well below the poverty line. With my mother staying at home with us kids and my father armed with just a high school education to support us, money was never around. Regardless of this lack of money, my mother created an environment for us kids that oozed with love. She protected us from the ugliness in life as much as she could, including the volatile mix of anger, abuse and alcoholism that had seized my father during me and my siblings formative years. It was my mother whose character, gentleness and love prepared me not only to reach for my dreams, but how to be me.

I remember fighting through winter nights with no heat, teeth chattering and blankets bundled. I knew I wasnít alone though. I had my brothers and sisters. My mother would rock me to sleep and sing into my ear to comfort me. I remember times with no electricity and no television and huddling up to the battery-powered radio to listen to the Super Bowl. I remember my friends calling me on a pay phone because our telephone line was shut off for failure to pay the bills. I remember being forced to move for failing to pay rent. I remember living in a cramped tent for a whole summer. I remember living in that same tent for a frigid month in the fall. Sometimes I would wake up--cold and afraid--but all I had to do was to look over and see how strong my family was being and it comforted me. Food stamps couldnít come fast enough as the cupboards were emptied by the end of each month. I remember the feeling of extreme embarrassment as the clerks at the store seemed to giggle as we flashed our food stamps as payment. I remember the points when food stamps werenít enough, when we relied on church baskets. When we relied on the "defects" from grocery stores - food that they would throw into the dumpster in the back that was slightly defective.

By the time my parents divorced I was nine years old. It never really bothered me. I think even at that young age I realized that the weight of my fatherís abusive alcoholic behavior towards my mother and us kids was too much to bear any longer. My mother took us to live with her in a cramped apartment that was suited for three people instead of six. We struggled, but we were loved. I remember walking three miles to school and back every day in second grade because I was afraid to change schools. I remember assisted lunches in schools and the funny looks my schoolmates would give me because my clothes remained grass-stained...
              -03-01-2007, 04:20 AM
            • general counsel
              Sam Shields article in The Players Tribune
              by general counsel
              Someone please find the article by Sam Shields today in The Players Tribune online and post it to this site. It is one of the most inspirational, emotional and moving articles i have ever read. Shields describes his battles with concussions and his road back to the NFL in a way that is extremely moving and real. I am now a GINORMOUS Sam Shields fan.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
              -10-26-2018, 01:37 PM
            • thoey
              Jokes and Humor
              by thoey
              Figured I would start an on-going thread just for jokes and humor.

Chili Cook-off:

Recently I was honored to be selected as an Outstanding Famous Celebrity in my Community to be a judge at a chili cook-off because no one else wanted to do it. Also the original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon when the call came.

I was assured by the other two judges that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted this as being one of those burdens you endure when you're an Internet writer and therefore known and adored by all.

Here are the scorecards from the event:

Chili # 1: Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili

JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.
              JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
              CAMERON: Holy smokes, what is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out. Hope that's the worst one. These people are crazy.

Chili # 2: Arthur's Afterburner Chili

JUDGE ONE: Smoky (barbecue?) with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.
              JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
              CAMERON: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. Shoved my way to the front of the beer line. The barmaid looks like a professional wrestler after a bad night. She was so irritated over my gagging sounds that the snake tattoo under her eye started to twitch. She has arms like Popeye and a face like Winston Churchill. I will NOT pick a fight with her.

Chili # 3: Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.
              JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.
              CAMERON: This has got to be a joke. Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been sneezing Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now and got out of my way so I could make it to the beer wagon. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. She said her friends call her "Sally." Probably behind her back they call her "Forklift."

Chili # 4: Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
              JUDGE TWO: A hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
              CAMERON: I felt something scraping across my tongue but was unable to taste it. Sally was standing behind me with fresh refills so I...
              -09-05-2007, 11:52 AM
            • Mooselini
              Had my car window smashed...
              by Mooselini
              By a meth addict. Yes...

I was watching South Park in my room. And my room window was opened. The next thing I hear is a window shattering. The first thought that went through my mind was "oh &#*@ thats my car!"

So my brother and I ran outside and turned the light on. By the time we had turned the light on, the guy had booked it into his truck and sped off.

I decided to call my friend, who called his parents. We described the vehicle and my friend's dad happened to be out side smoking when a vehicle similar to the description drove by. He followed a white pick up truck 27 miles. The cops eventually pulled the guy over and everyone thought everything was good and taken care of.

....WRONG. The guy they had pulled over ALSO was a victim. Apparantly, he had parked his car and walked inside to grab his jacket. The burglar walked up to his truck after the other guy had went inside his house. The robber took his car stereo and his girl friend's purse. The victim decided to drive around the neighborhood looking for the guy who stole his stuff. The victim happens to drive a white pick up truck as well. So the victim gets pulled over and the police realize that he is innocent. He had drove out that far to drop his girlfriend off at her house because she was startled.

So the cops decided to come back to my house (jeez it only took them an hour and a half). When I am filling out my police report...ANOTHER case of a stereo being stolen out of a car was reported.

So in one night, someone (or a group of people) are smashing windows or getting into unlocked cars to steal anything that may be of value to get their drug money. THREE CARS! Who knows, there could be more.

Not only that, earlier on MY street. Literally FOUR houses away, a man was robbed. And we live in a good neighborhood. Across the street from the college and all the schools. A very quiet neighborhood with very minimal crime activity.

And in the end, I am a victim of it. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Well I am hurt because I got a piece of glass stuck in my hand from cleaning it. But other than that, no one is hurt physically.

I'm just shaken up a bit. Can't sleep.

But I needed to vent and type it down. This is the first time I am a victim of anything like this and I am just shaken up.

In the end, everybody is safe...

GO RAMS. (lol)
              -11-20-2008, 12:30 AM
              A Tribute To The Greatest Ramfan Of All-time.
              by Guest
              This is from therams1 AKA Jerry. Known to us here at ClanRam as Bloodnhall. I found it on his site and thought I would share it with you. If you have never been to his web site then you have to do so. Trust me its a gem full of unprecedented work.

A TRIBUTE TO THE GREATEST RAMFAN OF ALL-TIME.
              MY FIRST MEETING WITH WALT

It was in September of 1966.

My Father bought season tickets to the Rams. I was six years old and couldn't wait to sit in My seat.

The LA Coliseum looked so big. I knew we had 4 seats and one was on the aisle. As I raced down those steep concrete stairs looking for number 22 because if I sit in that aisle seat it's mine.

I found our row sat in that aisle seat that would be mine for the next 13 years.

Looking at that football field and the Rams warming up was awesome. As I look to my right, this black man who has the aisle seat right across from me is smiling at me.

I get embarrassed and look away. He says to me "You know that seat right there is the best one out of them all, you sure are a lucky guy".

As my Father gets up and they shake hands introducing themselves. He says "my name is Walt Jackson".

I shake his hands and this is the beginning of 13 great years with Walt.

WALT WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST RAMFAN
              Walt will always be the greatest Ramfan of all-time.

I thought it was my Father who was the greatest Ramfan.

Dan of Ramsworld thought it was his Dad, along with every Dad.

You see, they all came in first place, it was a dead heat with all our Fathers.

So did Walt and he paid more so Walt wins.

IT WAS WALT'S RAMS
              Walt had his seat since 1962.

Alway's sharp dressed and with that am radio in his shirt pocket with that white wire going to his ear listening to Dick Enberg.

In big games if the Rams turned the ball over I would automatically look to my right at Walt.

He would know I was looking at him but his eyes would never leave the field. But he would give me this head nod that said "don't worry about, our defense will hold them".

But what I loved was in big games when it was certain our Rams were going to win.

Walt would cross his legs, light up his chesterfield cigarette, lean back in his seat and look at HIS Rams with this proud smile on his face.

MAN I MISS THAT.

Walt's favorite player was Mr. Jones (as Walt would say)

HIS RAM KNOWLEDGE NEVER WILL BE EQUALLED
              There are alot of Ramfans I know that are top gun when it comes to Ram football.

But, you can put them all together with the internet
              -08-25-2004, 11:23 PM
            Working...
            X