anyone read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone read

Has anyone read Isaac's book? Faith, Family and the Final Touchdown.

How is it? I can't believe giving Isaac low key personality that he wrote a book. Is this worth the buy??

Hmmm...

I haven't heard of this book, but I'll have to look into it. Ike is my favorite Ram, so I would definitely read it. I'm sure it would be an interesting book for any Ram fan. I've never really heard much about Ike's life outside of football, and I'm glad he wrote it. Don't let his humility fool you into thinking he doesn't have a personality.

:shield:

Comment

I know

I hear you Disco...

I have meet Ike on several occasions. He has been GREAT! You should have seen him wife my 3 year old daughter. He just isnt one to toot his own horn much.

Ike is my favorite as well

Comment

If he did write something, it was probably for charitable reasons. That would be Ike's style.

Comment

There was an article not long ago about the Religios Rams and in it Issac was said to be a preacher. His mother is as well if memory serves me correctly. Williams is also a preacher. It was a great article, if I can find it in the history on my computer I will post it.

Ps
          when I say preacher I mean licenced minister, they are actually licenced.

Comment

'Oh when the Rams go marching in...'

Thanks 28rulz. I'd be interested in finding out more about that article on Reverend Ike and "brethren."

:helmet:

Comment

I am reading Ike's book right now... there is nothing in there about being a preacher. I says he might pursue it after fooball. He has a degree from the university of Memphis in education. Mother also was not a preacher per say, it says she ran around the house reading the bible to the 15 kids and often refered to for disipline reasons. She was never a minister.

Interesting note : Isaac and his family is a VERY religous, but was not baptized til he was 12.

Comment

Hey J- Ram, This makes me want to find the article even more, I hate it when they don't write the truth. He would surely mention it in the book if it was fact. Thanks for the info.

Comment

welcome... :-)

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that he's not a preacher now, but has the nickname "Reverend Ike" because he will most likely pursue it after his football career. He's a very humble and religious man.

:shield:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• txramsfan
                      Do you have a favorite author?
                      by txramsfan
                      One of my favorite things to do after a long day in the tax office is to grab a beer, a book, go out on my porch and read outside. Now, I'm not saying I'm reading John Steinbeck or War and Peace or anything like that, just something fictional to take me away from everything electronic. I'm like to read mystery novels, detective novels, Stephen King sometimes....but mainly I'm reading alot of James Patterson stuff.

Anyone else a bookworm?

After I posted this I thought of something.....would anyone be interested in starting a ClanRam book club?
                      -03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
                    • Varg6
                      Anyone read "Maximum Ride"?
                      by Varg6
                      Hey guys, I just got the book over the weekend, and finished it yesterday, and the sequel comes out today! I can't wait to read it, did anyone else read the first one? I absolutely loved, it was great!
                      -05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
                    • RamWraith
                      Transformers
                      by RamWraith
                      Anyone else looking forward to this movie? Avenger I know it has be on your short list.

I saw a preview this weekend while at Fantastic Four. The graphics look awesome!! This show was one of my favorites as a kid, and it is exciting to know that our technology has advanced so far that we are able to put a good cartoon on the big screen. My opinion, this one of the ONLY must sees of the summer. I know I will be there July 4th weekend.
                      -06-25-2007, 05:04 AM
                    • KentuckyHawk
                      Tattoos?
                      by KentuckyHawk
                      Anyone inked? Personally, I've got 4. A Star on my right arm, A Grateful Dead icon on my right shoulder blade, a tribal turtke in the middle of my lower back and Notre Dame Leprrechaun on the inside of my right ankle.

The only one that hurt was the lower back...OUCH!

I am a new father of identical twin girls (Molly and Grace - 5 weeks old). I am thinking about getting their initials on my left shoulder, but haven't committed to anything.

Anyone else have any tats? If so, any stories behind em?

By the way,here's a pic of my little girls:

I'm shameless when it comes to showing them off!...
                      -06-27-2006, 04:10 PM
                    • huntdux
                      Sci Fi
                      by huntdux
                      I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so I guessed. I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan, but I read a book almost 20 years ago that I thought was possibly the best piece I have ever read. It's "The Lathe of Heaven" by Ursula LeGuin. I was curious if anyone else had read it, and wanted to recommend it to anyone that is a Sci Fi fan.
                      -03-31-2002, 05:43 PM
                    Working...
                    X