New slogan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New slogan

With all the recent activity we have had and many people begging to play for the blue and gold I thought it appropriate that we start coming up with some slogans for next season. "Gotta go to work" was big in 99, "Max Q" last year. What do you all think of "We don't rebuild, we reload" for 2002.

Reload...that's funny!:o You gonna actually submit that one? I'll give this more thought and get back to you.

P.S. You and family coming back for camp?

Comment

not sure

leaning towards no...I think this year will be a game in St. Louis. I want to take my daughter to a real game soon. You got to start brain washing young or it never works...

I am keeping my options open though...I still might head back to Macomb ;)

Comment

Anything but Max Q and the Greatest Show on Earth. Hated both those.

Comment

I liked Greatest Show on Earth, but get really annoyed when it's called Greatest Show on Turf. I understood Max Q but didn't really like it.

Reload? THUMBS UP:o

Comment

J-Ram, thumbs up for that slogan. We don't rebuild...we reload..

Comment

I like it too.Sounds like a good theme for the upcoming season.I think the Rams are really wanting to prove themselves next season.I believe the finesse theme will be layed to rest next year.I see our offense playing more aggressive and our defense really knocking the crap out of people.Cant wait for next season!!!
              ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

I like it, lets DO IT

Comment

Right on, we got the BIG GUY in on it now!

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez:
                    I like it, lets DO IT
                    I'll second that motion. :o

We don't rebuild, we reload... hehe yeah.

:shield:

Comment

Send it in!

We don't rebuild, we reload. :cool:

Send it in! Seriously! Just do it: call the Rams office, and e-mail them, and write them a letter (I'll sign too). Contact Martz' office.

;) Hey, J-Ram, Dez, wouldn't it be neat to have the Rams use that slogan coming from Max-Q -- our ClanRam's muscle mascot?

:shield:

Comment

Hey J-Ram, Long time no see......I really like that slogan. It says what the Rams are going to do.

Comment

Love it!!!

Now if we can just get someone to make a COOL wallpaper out of it, I want a copy....

:p
                          This space for rent...

Comment

consider it done

I will work on it tomarrow ;)

Comment

Oh yes and while you are working so hard will you think about making sure M Faulk is on that same wallpaper. I know, I know you have other things to do. jUST KIDDING. bUT THE WALLPAPER IS A GOOD IDEA.sEE YA!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• bigtiger737
                                Ok this is probably one of the most serious questions I have ever asked you guys
                                by bigtiger737
                                Alright... I am finally going to make my way from the helish region of michigan to St louis! we'll actually Ballwin off New Ballwin road in Westglen Village.. wherever that is.. All I can think of is where can I go to get alot of rams gear! I never get to see rams stuff in the stores.. no novelty shot glasses or key chains... booble heads or seattle seahawk tp hehehehehe.. Please let me know.. it will be like a blue and gold treasure
                                -06-14-2009, 09:47 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                A Musical Offseason Recap
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                To the tune of Don McLean's "American Pie"

Seems a long long time ago
                                I can still remember Sehorn whiffing,
                                Steve Smith scoring, then I cried
                                And I knew we blew our chance
                                To make it back to the big dance
                                We barely even salvaged all our pride
                                Then February made us shiver
                                As Vinitiari again delivered
                                More hate for Belichick
                                And refs who don't call hand checks
                                I can't remember if I cried when I read about
                                Tom Brady's ride
                                But it always crushes me inside
                                The day, a season dies

But my, my how the time it did fly
                                Training camp's around the corner
                                Soon the balls they will fly
                                Mike Martz's still coach
                                and now Bulger's the guy
                                Soon the Rams will give it one more try
                                The Rams they soon will give it one more try

Did Kurt read the book too much?
                                And were the coaches out of touch?
                                Did the Bible make him throw?
                                Or did injuries just take their toll
                                Will New York give a starting roll
                                And can Eli be coaxed to take it real slow?

Well I know that some of us miss him
                                But its time for Marc to sink or swim
                                Try to fill some big shoes
                                Its his job to win or lose

Then one night Leonard ran out of luck
                                He should not have taken those keys to his truck
                                Saw the red lights flash and screamed "Oh f---k!!!"
                                And now, he'll again be tried

We all are singing...

My my, how the time it did fly
                                Can we get through this long offseason
                                Soon the balls they will fly
                                Martz still is here
                                and Marshall's still the guy
                                Soon the Blue and Gold will be ready to try
                                The Rams soon will be ready to try

Helter skelter in a draft day swelter
                                Steve Jackson fell to St. Louis' shelter
                                He's the guy to give us mass
                                And Hargrove in round three had class
                                he's here to help us rush the pass
                                With Jeff Smoker, on the sideline, without grass
                                Now the Chiller's Dad's named Ram so we assume
                                He'll fit right in, and Shivers too
                                When they all get the chance
                                To help us get to the big dance
                                Can't wait for them to all finally take the field
                                And fight for jobs, they just can't yield
                                In the season, all will be revealed
                                We hope, they picked, good guys

[chorus]

We love the team in Gold and Blue
                                the old players and young ones too
                                We look forward to the day
                                When we can cheer for a champ once more
                                The NFL's best team that we adore
                                "We're number 1" are the words that we will say
                                They are the greatest of all teams
                                We can't wait to see Mad Mike's new schemes
                                Marc Bulger the soft spoken
                                Faulk and records to be broken
                                And the pleyers we admire the most...
                                -07-02-2004, 12:47 PM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                A Waste of Good Beer
                                by RamsFanSam
                                After the past few games, I am almost ready to give up my pledge to only drink good beer during Rams games. I can always get a beer buzz from Milwaulkees Best, but I am of the belief that a good football team deserves a good beer. In addition, I only drink beer brewed in St. Louis during the games.

Superstition? Maybe.

I have yet to read about sage being burnt before a game. Or wearing game worn pants.

What does this have to do with the Rams not winning?

Not a lot, except a theory.

Years ago, someone proposed the idea that a butterfly in the Amazon could flap his wings, causing the air to stir, and said air could influence the weather...i.e., cause a hurricane in the Atlantic.

To be honest, this forum has been lacking the support of past years. In the old days, sage would be burned, game worn pants would be worn, people would be rubbing their magic footballs signed by the '99 Rams...but this year, the superstition is missing.

Maybe the losses are due to Linehan. Maybe we just suck.

Maybe the scent of burning sage causes Holt to make more TDS. Maybe the air disturbed when putting on game worn pants disturbs the weather enough to cause a gust that propels Jackson into the endzone.

Maybe I need some sleep.

But, can we just once have a pre-game ritual thread, one that sends positive energy for our team? Who knows, maybe the Rams read our site before each game. If they do, wouldn't you want to play a part in helping our team win?

Next week, I'm going to buy Budwieser Select, instead of Busch.

I'll buy Milwaulkee's Best in the offseason.
                                -11-19-2006, 02:00 PM
                              • JFMose
                                Uni Watch interviews Rams longtime equipment manager Todd Hewitt
                                by JFMose

Uni Watch » Uni Watch Profiles: Todd Hewitt

As many of you know, the Rams fired longtime equipment manager Todd Hewitt back in January. Today we have an extensive interview with him, but it wasn’t conducted by me. It was done by football historian Robert Harvell, whose photo archives have been featured here on the site many times.
                                Robert interviewed Todd last month, and the resulting transcript was recently posted over on Helmet Hut. But Robert and Helmet Hut honcho Curtis Worrell both felt that the interview deserved to be published here at Uni Watch as well. After reading it, I wholeheartedly agreed.
                                As you’ll see, the interview has nothing to do with Todd’s firing. That’s another topic for another day. This is all about the work he did with the Rams, the team’s uniform history, and so on. It’s really good stuff — enjoy.
                                Robert Harvell: Todd, when did you start working for the Rams?
                                Todd Hewitt: Well, my dad was hired by the Rams in 1967. I was 11 years old at the time and helped out in the locker room and was a ball boy. In 1978, I was officially hired by the Rams as Assistant Equipment Manager and continued to work with my dad until his retirement in 1984. In 1985, I took over as Rams Equipment Manager, although my dad remained with the team as Equipment Manager Emeritus through 1994, the Rams’ final year in Los Angeles. In 1995, the Rams relocated to St. Louis. My dad joined us there for one final year. So all told, I was with the Rams for 44 years and have worked under 14 different Rams head coaches! Funny, I still remember when the Packers came to town in 1967, my first year with the team. I walked down the Coliseum tunnel flanked by Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr!
                                RH: How many hours per week would you put in once camp began?
                                TH: Let’s put it this way: Once camp started I definitely spent more time at work than at home. In at 5am, leave at 7pm, seven days a week. The only day I’d take off during the season is the Sunday of the bye week. The players’ day off was a treat, because I’d “only” work from 5am to 4:30pm. But I made up for that on game day, especially when we returned from road games, often working very late. It wasn’t unusual for me to spend the night at work after road games. During the off-season I typically worked five days a week, from 6am to 4:30pm.
                                RH: Like most teams, the Rams have changed their uniform color schemes over the years. Do you have a favorite?
                                TH: Honestly, I like them all. For sentimental reasons, I really like the blue and white. But I would have to say that my favorite color scheme was what we wore from 1973-1999, the blue and yellow, what we wore when we won the Super Bowl. In fact, when we wore those colors again for a throwback game, I realized just how much I missed them, they were just so vibrant. I really like the current uniforms as well, but they are so much darker than what we wore before....
                                -05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
                              • HUbison
                                Day 1 Camp Quotes
                                by HUbison
                                Head Coach Mike Martz
                                Wednesday, July 27, 2005

(On having camp at Rams Park for the first time)
                                “It’s very nice. This is something that we have been contemplating for a while, but we really do feel this is more beneficial for us. We’ll see how things go, but I think as long as the logistics of things work out there isn’t anything else for us to consider. I’m very pleased. I think the players and coached are excited about it anytime you can put your head on your own pillow, or at least be in your hometown instead of traveling.”

(On being a coach that takes his players comforts and concerns into mind when making decisions)
                                “Years ago when they trimmed these squads down in numbers, you had to take [more] care of your guys. You have to have their best on Sunday when you show up. There’s a lot of work to be done. There’s an awful lot to be done, but there’s a way of going about this and doing that work and doing it in a beneficial way of helping them physically. We all were raised in football in terms of hammer, hammer, hammer, rep, rep, rep, rep, and all of a sudden you get into the opening game and you’re dead-legged. We have studied this through the Russian track athletes who rest every fourth day. We just want to give them enough time to recover and make those physical games that are going to make them better players.”

(On Roland Williams)
                                “Roland Williams is probably the most pleasant surprise of the off-season. I think I mentioned this earlier, but when we brought him back here I felt good that he was going to be a solid player. [He is] very comfortable with Brandon [Manumaleuna]. Obviously, we like Brandon. He is a good starter in this league. Roland, in the spring, was much more than I anticipated. He deserves the opportunity to step in and battle. We’re going to start him off as a starter and see how that whole thing transpires, but we’re kind of moving in a different direction anyways. We’re going to do a lot of two tight end stuff, so in essence they are both starters. Roland’s energy is something that I really appreciate. His experience there… I was very impressed with him, and we will just see where this thing takes us.”

(On Coach Martz’s biggest area of concern coming into camp)
                                “I think everybody [in] every camp is always concerned about getting their guys healthy. I think there are a lot less unknowns about this camp than perhaps we have had in the past. The biggest concern is that we get our special teams up to speed. That’s number one. We have addressed this as well as we can in years past while trying to plug holes, but this year we have had the luxury of actually focusing on that without hurting the positions on offense. Finally, over the last few years we have been able to meet that. I’m excited about Bob [Ligashesky] and the job that he’s doing. We’ll see about that. That is the number one priority.”
                                -07-28-2005, 11:08 AM
                              Working...
                              X