Ram Pride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Pride!

Heres something you guys might find amusing.I ran into an old friend(a huge Cowboy fan)a couple of days ago who loved to give me a hard time after we lost that wildcard game against the Saints.I was wearing my NFC champion Rams hat and he asked,"What do you think of your lambs now?"I simply responded,"Hey,At least they made it to the Super Bowl!By the way,How did your Cowgirls do?"He didnt have have much to say about my Rams after that.I think its funny how some people seem to expect me to give up on the Rams after they were upset by the Patriots.Hell,We've been to the playoffs three years in a row and have appeared in two Super Bowls.In todays era of free-agency I think our Rams are pretty amazing.,and its not over yet!!!KEEP THE FAITH GUYS!!!
    Last edited by Aries51; -03-18-2002, 04:13 PM.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

First of all, good choice of avatars, secondly, I know what you mean. All I can think about is how I can't wait till football games begin. We did a great job last season and I am very curious to see how we do next season. I am very hopeful of another great year. Way to be Aries.;)

Comment

Being a long-time Ram fan through many bad years is especially difficult when you live in Sacramento. When the Rams won Super Bowl 34, I got a lot of die-hard Niner fans giving me congrats for all the years of sticking around. It was amazing at the same time to see so many Niner fans put their hats and shirts away when Aeneas Williams knocked Steve Young out of the NFL.

Like I did the entire week after the Rams lost this Super Bowl, where your colors with pride. The Rams will be back!

:cool:

Comment

Like you guys I have always been pride of our RAMS through thick and thin and boy in the early 90's there was some thin moments...(Good old Tony" there goes another fumble"Banks) but we now have the best team in the league . I still sometimes can't believe it , roll on the new season!!!!!!! I've missed Warner wizzing the ball around... anybody else????

WE WILL BE BACK RAMS FOREVER!!!
        "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

CAn't wait for the new season. We do have the best team in the league. Just hopr the "D" keeps coming on laike last year. Think Duncan is a good addition!!?? Still Worried about Ricky.....

Comment

I have missed it more than ever. I am ready for it now...and it comes in my least favorite time of the year, so for me to be willing to head back into fall and winter....thats missing it!

Comment

A lot of my friends do the same to me. "The Rams lost!! Ha Ha!" It gets old, considering they never take the time to realize that I was a Ram fan when they went 4-12. I grew accustomed to see the Rams lose before the '99 season, so it's not like I'm going to abandon my Rams just because they lost the Super Bowl. It only fills us with pride to know that after all those years of suffering, we've been blessed with a team that can not only get to two Super Bowls in three years, but can be humble yet confident about themselves.

:shield:

Comment

I, for one, love Ram football!!! After all the years of the putrid Cardinals, and shame and humiliation that the NFL heaped on the city of St. Louis, the Rams domination of the league is sweet. Let's count it shall we? Three consecutive 6-0 starts, Three consecutive playoff berths, two NFC championships, two NFC West Division titles, and One Super Bowl Championship! That ain't bad at all!

Comment

Rams winning ways

The 90's were really rough. Especially if you grew up with the Rams and were use to their winning ways. A matter of fact, the Rams always seemed like the team that couldn't win in the play-offs when it really counted. Through out their history, the Rams have been a winning franchise. I may be wrong(and please correct me if I am), but I believe that the 90's was the Rams only loosing decade. Going into the 90's, I believe the Rams had a better historical winning percentage than the Niners. And in the 80's the Rams were one of the better teams; constantly fighting the Niners for the division. So, yes right now is totally awesome. But lets make sure that we are all used to it; the old timers are. Take away the 90's and the Rams know nothing else but winning ways.

Comment

Have'nt taken my season hilight dvd out of the player since I've gotten it! I love that Warner to Faulk td pass in the Dolphin game, Thomas could not belive it! Best qb play of the year. Keep in mind that The RAMS are the best team in football bar none, and any chance your non-RAM fan buddies get a RARE chance to rib you a little thier gonna do it. On the other hand I don't gloat too much, I guess it's superstition, I don't want to jinx them!

Comment

Like it's been said, we got there. I have some who still give their condolences about the Super Bowl, I just say, I'm over it and looking forward, not back. As for the nay-sayers, most aren't even Patriot fans, so I pay them no mind. I'm still proud of our boys and always will.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                        We are Ram Fans...right?
                        by RamWraith
                        WOW...where to start.

I know I love this team and when the chips get down I try to remember the magical season of 1999. I try to remember what it means to be a good fan and how I would I feel if I was in the players position under hostile attacks by "fans". I try to remember what is truly important in life and how so much of my being a fan is out of my control.

We all want this team so badly to be perfect. We all start the year with so many hopes and dreams, and it hurts like hell when them dreams get crushed. For me, each week is a new dream and when things like this happen in a season it is then I have to look ahead and hope for the best each week and not look so much at the past. For me win or lose I will always bleed Blue and Gold. No one will ever take that away from me. And no ones opinions will ever change that love.

There is always hope...it just is a different kind of hope as the season changes. It may no longer be that of the Super Bowl for that year, but maybe it is seeing a player break a record, or maybe it is a player growing into their position on the team. Or maybe it is a draft pick, or maybe it is knowing you have an opportunity to see the team you love in person. No matter what it is, you have to hang on to it. You must remember what exactly makes you a fan of this team. Is it purely based on a winning percentage or does it go deeper than that. True fans know the answer and they feel it deep inside. The reason we get so mad and look to blame anyone and point fingers across the street is because we truly love this team. We care so much it really hurts to fail. Our expectations coming into every season is to win them all. Truth be told...one team wins the game we all are hoping for. There will always be disappointments when you are a true fan. You will always have to face tests and adversity. We as fans will survive, even though it is painful we need to stand tall and be proud. We are Ram fanatics, win or lose. I haven't lost hope. Have you?
                        -09-23-2007, 04:21 PM
                      • ZigZagRam
                        Ram Pride
                        by ZigZagRam
                        Forgive my rant but I woke up this morning and felt the need to write my thoughts. Where else would be better?

I don't know about you guys but for some strange reason, I feel like I did back in the SuperBowl years. Maybe not as if we were a lock for the big show, but as if I honestly believe that we can surprise everybody and win the whole she-bang! I'm sure my sanity has been questioned on this board with regard to the extreme optimist attitude I've had even during the low points of the season, but I'd be lying if I said I felt that this team was a SuperBowl contender during the Chandler-ception days.

As many of us did around here, I looked toward draft day and free agency, and whatever other moves could be made to get this train back on the tracks and rolling. But after what our guys have accomplished in the lsat month has given me a new pride as a Rams fan. I knew we were better than a .500 team, but were just unable to pull things together when it mattered most.

Things have changed.

Our guys are playing with a fire that wasn't there during the middle of the season. They're not jumping around like Seattle special teamers, the fire isn't seen anywhere but in their execution on the field. The fire is burning internally. Our Rams are playing the game like it should be done. They're taking accountability and doing whatever it takes to get their job done.

Leonard Little, our best defensive star, was only in for about 25% of the plays in Seattle. What happens? The defense doesn't fall apart. Big plays by Travis Fisher, Dejuan Groce, Jimmy Kennedy, and others held the Seahawks to just 20 points. Shaun Alexander had 3 yards per carry! When's the last time we held him to that?

The offensive performance speaks for itself. Marc Bulger is the man. Our young gun wide receivers give us an extra dimension reminiscent of the Greatest Show on Turf Days. And the team as a whole is doing whatever it takes to get the job done.

It's not pretty. They're just getting the it done. Put on the hard hats gentlemen. This season is far from over. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna ride this thing all the way down to Jacksonville! If you don't henestly believe that the St. Louis Rams belong in the SuperBowl, maybe ayou shouldn't be here!

I'm starting the rally cry for the 2005 Rams right here!

:helmet: GOTTA GO TO WORK! :ramlogo:
                        -01-13-2005, 10:27 AM
                      • macrammer
                        It has been a week......
                        by macrammer
                        Ad reflection is good. This year brought so much joy and excitement. Things I had forgotten in all of our bad years from basically 1990. But I still cannot shake the bad taste in my mouth from a very winnable SB game.

Upon my reflection, I was wondering.....would Rams had been better exiting after NFC Championship game? I mean we played tough in a hostile environment and came back from 13-0. A loss there would still have hurt but at least we went out fighting. Maybe the Rams were just not ready for that stage? And it is not a foregone conclusion we will be back soon.

We laid a huge egg in the SB. There is no doubt about it. I hope we can recover and survive the scrutiny.

Things I really enjoyed this season:c

Texting my clan Ram buddies during the games
                        Watching non televised games with my son at sports bar
                        Expecting us to win each week
                        Watching NFC Championship game in Kauai
                        GC's Good Bad and Ugly
                        Cooper Kupp, Corey Littleton emergence
                        Clan Ram

Life's scars have left me with greater perspective now then when I was a younger man. Life does that to you. I can say thanks to Rams for a great season but dang. If only..........
                        -02-10-2019, 06:42 PM
                      • LaRamsFanLongTime
                        The we factor????
                        by LaRamsFanLongTime
                        Well here is a topic that might have been brought up b4. I have been with the Rams for a long time despite the fact that im only 27. I feel I have been through hell with this orginization. When they were down in the 90's I was down, living in Nor Cal for most of it, pure torture. When they left I almost left them, but I love my players way too much. The emotions I put into every season as a fan is unbeleivable at times. I look back at times and get mad at myself for being so mad. When they lost in the Super Bowl I felt how like they looked on t.v. I was devistated. I still have not fully recovered. Last years Carolina game was surely no help.

Anyways to the point. Lately I have been getting called out when speaking about the Rams. Everyone is asking why do you say we? "You do not play for them." Tell you the truth it kinda pisses me off. I mean we the fans buy the Jerzees, we go to the games, we buy the stuff that is on the commercials during the game, basically my point is we pay alot of money to those players and that orginization. Add that with the commitment, the emotion, and sometimes the torment we receive from rival fans (had to throw that in living in Whiner country so long) we deserve to say we. It is we , we all go through the pain of losing, we all go through the rebuilding years, we all get saddened when we have fallen heroes. So We are all Rams in my opinion.
                        What do do my fellow Clan Rammers think I would love to hear your opinions on this.
                        -08-02-2004, 02:47 AM
                      • MemphisRam
                        How do rank our season Super Bowl or a better season?
                        by MemphisRam
                        :r I think the only way we can get the respect we deserve is to go all the
                        way. A good record would be o.k. but wouldn't earn the respect that is rightfully
                        owed. I'm sick of hearing about the whiner's and seahag's. They've made some
                        o.k. moves but nothing like what the patriots have done, and the card's. O.k.
                        they have a good wr combo and another coach, with a new system which they
                        have to learn and their suppose to be a "breakout team" please spare me the drama.

If we can play above average on the defensive side of the ball "We goin to the Bowl"
                        Because the "O" is their, especially with the FA that was brought in good job Linehan.

Also Tank Johnson would look great in blue gold.

P.S I'm the only Rams fan in Memphis and I Love it.:lFor Life!!!!!!!
                        -07-09-2007, 07:02 AM
                      Working...
                      X