Offensive Coordinator????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Coordinator????

That is who we hire as the head coach??? Just please tell me he is getting one hell of defensive coordinator.

Re: Offensive Coordinator????

We didn't hire him because he's offense or defense, we hired him because we believe he is the best HEAD COACHING candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
      That is who we hire as the head coach??? Just please tell me he is getting one hell of defensive coordinator.
      would a defensive minded head coach be excused from getting one hell of a defensive coordinator?

Comment

It just seems odd to me that we picked him. I would have prefered Rivera. I hope this guy does a great job and brings the team together. I really will just have to put the faith in the FO and beleive that this is the best man for the job. Anyone that takes this job has to have a great defensive coordinator u are right Tanus.

Comment

And the complaints from know-it-all fans begin before the guy coaches his first game.

Will wonders never cease?

:helmet:

Comment

It just seems odd to me that we picked him. I would have prefered Rivera. I hope this guy does a great job and brings the team together. I really will just have to put the faith in the FO and beleive that this is the best man for the job. Anyone that takes this job has to have a great defensive coordinator u are right Tanus.
            i was a little bit surprised at first that Linehan was the frontrunner, i'll admit. however, the more i read about him and his interview, the more i understood why. the man came prepared with ideas for the whole team, not just offense. part of it was bringing in a top notch defensive coordinator.

i think a lot of us, myself included, wanted a defensive minded head coach at first. some strayed from that while others have held firm to it. the defense just needs a top notch DC and we will be fine.

so all in all, i do agree with you that he needs to bring in a top notch DC and i believe he will.

Comment

Well, from the reports out there, both had great interviews, but Linehan had a more detailed and precise vision for the WHOLE team. I'm sure Linehan had the better O outlook, and I'm sure Rivera had the better D outlook.

However, if Linehan was the overall best, then he's gotta be the man.
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

And the complaints from know-it-all fans begin before the guy coaches his first game.

Will wonders never cease?
                Know it all fans? Im so sick of your pompus attitude ferter. You are the biggest know it all on this board. You beleive if you printed it that it is right. You freak out whenever anyone questions your oh so powerful intelect?Because I diasagree with your pointless spouting makes me a know it all? Sorry I disagreed with your post about sb36 man. :moon: :moon:

I simply pointed out what alot of people feel. I know I am not the only one suprised we picked an offensive coordinator.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                  Singletary rumored for defensive coordinator job
                  by RamWraith
                  January 20, 2005 12:03 PM ET

The News
                  New *****' head coach Mike Nolan is rumored to be interested in hiring Mike Singletary to serve as the team's defensive coordinator. Nolan and Singletary worked together while serving under Ravens' head coach Brian Billick. Nolan still intends to meet with the remaining members of former head coach Dennis Erickson's staff to determine which, if any, will remain with the team.
                  Our View
                  Nolan is leading the charge to find a new general manager, as well fill the vacant offensive and defensive coordinator positions. The rumored candidates for the general manager position are former Titans' executive Jeff Diamond, Ravens' general manager Ozzie Newsome, and former *****' offensive lineman Randy Cross. No serious candidates have been mentioned for the offensive coordinator job.
                  -01-21-2005, 05:20 AM
                  WE Already Have Our Offensive Coordinator
                  by Guest
                  Henery Ellard........why not give him a chance.
                  -01-19-2008, 11:36 AM
                • Goldenfleece
                  The List: Who's Who of Rams HC Candidates
                  by Goldenfleece
                  The Unusual Suspects

Winston Moss, GB Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers
                  Playing Career: He was an NFL linebacker for the Buccaneers, Raiders, and Seahawks.
                  Coaching Career: After a brief stint with the Seahawks, Moss went to work with Haslett as a linebackers coach in New Orleans for six years before joining the Packers staff in a similar capacity in 2007. He was named assistant head coach because of his leadership abilities.
                  Pedigree/Style Points: Does Haslett get his own coaching tree?

Todd Bowles, MIA Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Backs
                  Playing Career: He played 8 seasons as an NFL safety, mostly with the Redskins.
                  Coaching Career: Bowles worked with the Browns secondary before joining Bill Parcells in Dallas. When Parcells went to Miami, Bowles followed. The Fins defense ranked 25th against the pass in 2008.
                  Pedigree/Style Points: Parcells coaching tree.

Ray Sherman, DAL Assistant/Wide Receivers
                  Playing Career: WR/DB for Fresno State
                  Coaching Career: He started as a runningbacks coach with the Oilers for 1 year, then switched to coaching receivers for 1 year. He spent 1 year as assistant head coach/offense for the Falcons. Then he went to the ***** and coached runningbacks for 1 year and receivers for 2. After that, he was offensive coordinator of the Jets for 1 year until the head coach (Pete Carroll) got fired. He was quarterbacks coach for the Vikings for 2 years after that before being promoted to offensive coordinator. He took an offensive coordinator job with the Steelers for 1 year before leaving to take a new offensive coordinator job with the Vikings...also for 1 year. Finally landing in one place for a while, he spent 5 years coaching receivers in Green Bay. Then he put in 2 more years coaching the Titans' receivers before making his way to Dallas for 2 more years coaching receivers. That's a lot of jobs!
                  Pedigree/Style Points: Journeyman.

Josh McDaniels, NE Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
                  Playing Career: WR at John Carrol U.
                  Coaching Career: He has been with New England since 2001 as a personnel assistant, defensive assistant, quarterbacks coach, and most recently (since 2006) offensive coordinator .
                  Pedigree/Style Points: Belichick coaching tree

Raheem Morris, TB Ass./Defensive Backs
                  Pedigree/Style Points: Cover 2

Now interviewing for “Head Coach/Starting Right Tackle”

Mike Munchak, TEN Assistant/Offensive Line
                  Playing Career: Hall of Fame offensive lineman for the Houston Oilers
                  Coaching Career: After working in quality control for 3 years, he took over as the Titans' offensive line coach in 1997 and has held that position ever...
                  -01-11-2009, 02:29 PM
                • OldRamsfan
                  Potential candidates for Rams' head coaching job
                  by OldRamsfan
                  01/03/2006

Reported by the STLtoday ;

Herman Edwards, 51, head coach, New York Jets

Jeff Fisher, 47, head coach, Tennessee Titans

Dennis Green, 56, head coach, Arizona Cardinals

Gary Kubiak, 44, offensive coordinator, Denver Broncos

Tim Lewis, 44, defensive coordinator, NY Giants

Ron Rivera, 43, defensive coordinator, Chicago Bears

Al Saunders, 58, assistant head coach/offensive coordinator, Kansas City Chiefs

Jim Schwartz, 39, defensive coordinator, Tennessee Titans

Dick Vermeil, 69, head coach (retired), Kansas City Chiefs

Ken Whisenhunt, 43, offensive coordinator, Pittsburgh Steelers

Gregg Williams, 47, assistant head coach/defense, Washington Redskins

Mike Zimmer, 49, defensive coordinator, Dallas Cowboys Who knows I think their is a couple missing from this list but nothing is 100% an till it happens
                  -01-03-2006, 08:23 AM
                • Stone Cold Tavon Austin
                  No defensive coordinator?
                  by Stone Cold Tavon Austin
                  I know this may seem a tad harsh and rash, but last year we had less talent and through 3 games we seem like the old rams we all know. It is odd that the year we have no coordinator at all besides a joint one (few coaches input) we are one of the leagues best. The year we get an actual coordinator we are garbage.......So with that in mind is it time to fire our coordinator and go back to what we had last season?
                  -09-22-2013, 12:26 PM
                Working...
                X