Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16-0 in 2002? Are The Football Gods Listening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-0 in 2002? Are The Football Gods Listening?

There's been some talk of a perfect regular season for our 2002 RAMS, especially since this years schedule has been released. An undefeated regular season does not equal a Super Bowl victory, but yet it is probably more elusive and damn near as coveted! My #1 wish is for a S.B. XXXVII Championship! My #2 wish is for a 16-0 regular season!
    The Dolphins haven't won many titles, lately, but mention the '72 Dolphins and now we're speaking of "gods"! Even today! Since '99 the Dolphin fans and alumni have been praying on bent knee that The RAMS, the one true great threat to burst their "heavenly body" bubble, lose a game. For 3 yrs. we've answered their prayers at exactly the same point in our season! Game 7!
    If the '72 Dolphins are "gods" then we've been struck with the satanic "666" on our helmets! That's right:

1999. 6-0 @ Tennessee. We lose 21-24. You can't spot any team 21 points and expect to win. Especially at their house!!
    2000. 6-0 @ K.C. We lose 34-54. Can anyone say defense? We couldn't all year!
    2001. 6-0 vs. New Orleans. We lose 31-34. We blew a 24-6 halftime lead. 8 turnovers?! PLEASE!!

We've got to break this "curse"!

I work with a surprisingly large amount of "fish" fans, here in H-town. They've shamed me after every 7th RAM regular season game for 3 yrs. "IF" we can go undefeated thru week 7 vs. Seattle this year, we'll have a week 8 bye. That would give me 2 weeks to put a bug in the ears of "fish" fans! Watch 'em squirm! HE! HE!
    A rise from " demonic " week 7 hell, and a rise to " 7th Heaven"? We'll see.
    I would love to say, " Back to the water, old fish, THE RAMS CLAIM THE THRONE OF 16-0 IMMORTALITY!!!!!!!!!!"
    :shield: :ram: :lid:

That week 7 thing is odd, but no matter who we had on our schedule, we'd be talking 16-0.

In other words, don't get too excited about it.

:shield:

Comment

:evil: All we can do Is watch & see....:cool:..of course a little prayer would not hurt .....

Comment

and neither would a 3rd WR with speed

Comment

To EDM,
          I'm not "too" excited about it. It was just an observation that was intended for the "perfect season" followers. It's always one game at a time, for me. It's a what if scenario.

Comment

I know where you're coming from, but it kinda gets old after three seasons straight of that talk... ;)

:shield:

Comment

16-0 would be nice but without the SB and a 19-0, it would be like the Seattle Mariners 116 wins last year. Sorta hollow

Comment

One game at a time...I think that is the perfect outlook;)

Comment

All this talk about perfection got me thinking about...

:cool:

Comment

I'm not worried about having a 16-0 season ok it would be a huge bonus but as long as we bring home that SB trophy, thats all I'm thinking about!!!!!!!!!

steve
                    "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

Wow guys 16-0, I still have a chill from January about some of our predictions, I think mine was like 45-17 :upset:

I just want to add 16-0 is a game at a time.We are going to be a great team. Lets not get to far ahead of ourselves :cool: :shield:

Go Rams

Comment

Come on Mar,

We all know there was a conspiracy theory going on about the Super Bowl

:evil:

Comment

Blankman,
                          I know man, and the story will end with us winning this years superbowl. But I just don't want to look like an a** predicting 16-0 like I did in the SB. I really think we will have a great year.

Does anyone get into the chat room on the offseason since this is my first year with the Clan? I know FNG!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think someone was trying to set up some scheduled chats...

Comment

16-0 would be great, but I'd trade that for 5 more SB trophies, anyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X