Arizona Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Cardinals

Due to the recent re-alignment, the St. Louis Rams 2001 NFC Champions, 1999 Super Bowl Champs are placed in the same division with the Arizona Cardinals. I don't think I need to remind everyone that these are the same Cardinals owned by the lying, stinking, coniving, greedy, moronic, Bill Bidwell. If the Rams do anything in the 2003 season, they MUST humiliate Arizona at every given opportunity! This must be our imperitive!

Does anyone out there agree?

Remember 1987!

Heh, I was only 3 years old in 1987, so I don't remember anything about it. But you can be sure that when the Cardinals go to St.Louis the crowd will be roaring. I couldn't imagine the intensity.

And I wouldn't worry about the Cardinals too much. We will crush the Birds, whether it be the Seahawks or Cardinals.

:shield:

Comment

Cardnials, no worries...

I know what you mean by owners though!! I work across the street from Anaheim stadium and a day doesn't go by where I don't think about my Rams leaving.

However, I have to remember, if that didn't happen where would we be now?

I'm just thankful we won 34 and made it back so quick to 36. I will go to Arizona this year to watch my Rams and who knows maybe I can get a ticket to San Diego this year!

There is no other team, only the RAMS!
      "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more. I sat through 9 Big Red seasons and even though I hated to see them go I was very happy getting the Rams and it is now finally paying off. Bidwell is the most hated owner around based on fans views. I was in Phoenix lately and they can't stand him either. People may not remember or care but ,the 70's and 80's fan base was pretty good for all those 4-9-1 teams. We had 94% capacity every game until the '87 season, we still supported those lunkheads. Highlights were Hart to Gray, Metcalf running all over the place,Otis up the middle, Wilson and Wehrli sticking receivers, Dierdorf-Banks-Dobler-Young-McMillan,best offensive line ever. Air Coryell. Lowlights: Duncan-Pisarkewicz-George Boone-all of our field goal kickers other than Bakken. And all the other lowlights you can think of. I'm happy to be a Rams fan and we will stick it to those Dead Birds.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ZigZagRam
          Cardinals in the World Series!
          by ZigZagRam
          Don't know how many Cardinals fans we have here, but I'm sure there are some lurking about. Way to go Cardinals! Time to extend that "curse" in Boston.
          -10-21-2004, 11:09 PM
        • BernieM
          The Rams are to blame for the Cardinals World Series loss
          by BernieM
          I don't know if there is such a thing as cross-sports teamwork, but there should be.

Roll this week back to Monday night. The St. Louis Cardinals had a key World Series Game 5 on their home field. Down the street, the Rams had a MNF game against the Seahawks.

Everyone knows that the NFL is far more popular than MLB, so it was clear that the Rams' game was going to draw the fans away from the Cardinals game, thereby eliminating their home field advantage. The Rams should have recognized this and found a way to eliminate the conflict. Instead, they selfishly insisted on playing the game as scheduled, forcing the Cardinals to play in front of what I presume was a nearly empty stadium.

The Rams neeed to look themselves in the mirror and consider whether it was worth stealing history from the Cardinals.

I, for one, am disgusted.
          -11-01-2013, 11:03 AM
        • Nick
          Arizona looks like (gulp) playoff contender
          by Nick
          Arizona looks like (gulp) playoff contender
          By Scott Bordow, Tribune Columnist

EAST VALLEY TRIBUNE (Mesa, Ariz.) Where's the key? Oh, there it is. Top row, right-hand corner.
          I've used the letter P before when writing about the Cardinals. But usually I have to buy a vowel after hitting it.
          Pathetic. Putrid. Pitiful.

Playoffs?

Yeah, way back in 1998, when Jake Plummer was still the darling of Arizona sports fans.

Since then, however, I've avoided the wishful thinking that comes with a Cardinals victory.

If they can win next week they'll be right back in it. Look at their schedule.
          They can win those games.

Then, of course, Arizona loses that winnable game, and the elevator lands with a thud. Or, to put it in football vernacular, the Cardinals 49er it. So, with full awareness of how fragile the limb is that I'm climbing on, I hereby proclaim that the Cardinals are — oh, goodness, am I really saying it? — playoff contenders.

Someone get me a drink to calm my nerves.

Yes, it sounds crazy. Arizona is 4-5 after its 17-14 victory over the New York Giants on Sunday. That's not playoff material. That's a Las Vegas lounge act.

But in the low tide pool that's the NFC, the Cardinals can spread their wings and take flight to parts unknown.

Arizona is one game out of the final wild card spot. More amazingly, it's just one game out of the lead in the NFC Worst, er, West.

If the Cardinals can beat 2-7 Carolina this Sunday, they'll be a .500 team and . . .

Hey, Bordow, didn't you read what you wrote a few paragraphs up? Quit dreaming. These are the Cardinals.

Yeah, I know that.

But at some point, we have to acknowledge coach Dennis Green is onto something.

The Cardinals have gone 4-2 since starting the season 0-3.

They're 3-1 at Sun Devil Stadium and have won three straight at home for the first time since 1999.

Of their final seven opponents, only three — the New York Jets, St. Louis and Seattle — have winning records.

It's enough to make an overgrown man get too big for his britches.

“Winning two straight games is nothing to get excited about,” said nose tackle Russell Davis. “We'll look back on that after our playoff game and say that's
          where the streak got started.”

OK, this may be a good time for a few rational thoughts:

- The Cardinals are 4-5, not 6-3. Who isn't 4-5 in the NFL?

- Had Arizona not successfully navigated the game-winning, fourth-quarter drive in Miami last week, we'd already have written its obituary.

- The Cardinals were 4-2 in 2002 and 6-6 in 1999. They finished 5-11 and 6-10, respectively.

“Man, anything can happen,” said tackle...
          -11-16-2004, 08:38 AM
        • AvengerRam_old
          When the Rams play the Cardinals, I root for:
          by AvengerRam_old
          Where is your loyalty?
          The Rams
          88.64%
          Kurt Warner
          11.36%
          -10-03-2008, 08:22 AM
        • DJRamFan
          [Cardinals] Cards feeling defeated
          by DJRamFan
          4-9 record takes its toll on Green

Tim Tyers
          The Arizona Republic
          Dec. 14, 2004 12:00 AM

The demeanor of Cardinals coach Dennis Green on Monday was that of a man ready to cut loose with a refrain from an old country song: "You ripped my heart out and stomped that sucker flat."

The man who predicted a winning season and possible playoff berth upon his arrival had nothing good to say about his four-win team, or the way the season has transpired during his first season with the Cardinals.

San Francisco, with only two wins, is considered the worst team in pro football. But both of its wins have come against the Cardinals, including Sunday's 31-28 win in overtime, so where does that leave the Cardinals? advertisement

Emmitt Smith, the NFL's career rushing leader, said after Sunday's loss that the team is making elementary mistakes and insinuated that some of the problem is coaching.

"You know," Green said, "everybody has their own opinion. I will reserve mine."

To his credit, Green didn't dodge the issue when asked if he was worried about losing the attention of his team.

"Absolutely," he said. "You worry about losing everybody. I don't think (owner) Mr. Bill Bidwill is very happy right now. I don't think he counted on hiring a new coach and having the new coach be 4-9. It's everybody. I don't think the fans counted on being 4-9. I know I didn't count on being 4-9 . . .

"There is a chance to lose everybody when you get into a situation where you are not winning . . . "

Green took on a huge task when he came to Arizona in January to rebuild the franchise. Yet, Sunday's loss guaranteed the Cardinals their 15th losing season in the past 17 years. The question now is, how much progress has been made?

"I would hope to say a lot of things are better, but you know . . . sometimes we are in a bottom line business. In fact, most of the time we are.

"We only had 35,000 people there (Sunday). That's not a very big crowd, not a lot of people for the fifth-largest city in America. That's not a lot of people who want to come and watch you play in your stadium."

In Sunday's game there were five major errors on special teams, the offense didn't report for duty until the second half and Arizona's gambling defense was once again porous against the run. Nondescript Maurice Hicks, an undrafted free agent, not only became the eighth rusher to top 100 yards against Arizona, but his 139 yards came within 5 yards of matching his season total entering the game.

Green said the Cardinals are not physical enough at the point of attack against the run. They've tried to offset that with blitzes, but sometimes the formation takes away the blitz and the lack of physicality...
          -12-14-2004, 11:30 AM
        Working...
        X