Clarification please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification please!!!

Okay! I've been doing a little research, and I'm trying to figure out just how a bunch of Scotsmen got involved in rooting for an NFL team. Not that we don't appreciate your devotion and loyalty to the Rams, but every sport I can find related to Scotland involves getting RID on an object! Hammer THROW...caber TOSS...stone THROW...Curling??? Sliding a stone across the ice AWAY from you. Even golf! Hit the ball as far as you can, THEN walk after it! Football is all about ball POSSESSION!!!! I'm soooo confused!! But, I must say thanks for sharing your love of the Rams with the rest of us by starting Clanram!

Last edited by huntdux; -04-07-2002, 11:43 PM.

OK, I am sitting here ............ re reading this thread .... trying to see If I can find an insult ...... cause it sure sounds like one ;)

you bring up possession and you are talking about Scotsmen !!!

The English like to think we are about as possessive as it gets :rolleyes:

Comment

Huntdux

U forgot Rugby which is also all about possession
      :helmet:
      GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

Sorry guys, I couldna resist. I figure if I'm gonna stir something up, it should be with the toughest guy around (read: boss man). That way everyone will think I'm crazy, and won't take anything I say too seriously. LOL!!

;)

Comment

Hunt,

And the Boss Man could send the Blankman out after ya should any "misunderstandings" occur

:mad:

:cool:

:o

Comment

Originally posted by Blankman71
            Hunt,

And the Boss Man could send the Blankman out after ya should any "misunderstandings" occur

:mad:

:cool:

:o

Wake up Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by huntdux

Wake up Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore....
              First off, the name ain't Dorothy...

Second off, as is clearly marked, I'm in Nebraska, foo'

:p

;)

Comment

Kinda thought that was the point.

Comment

Originally posted by huntdux
                  Kinda thought that was the point.

"And who are you, who is so wise in the ways of Science?"

Comment

Now I know we are suffering from OB...offseason boredom...LOl:p

Comment

Hey Dez;
                      Don't you Scotsman have an NFL Europe Team? "The Clamores"???

Comment

OK, can't tell. Is this one a fan or not?

Where at in Illinois are you huntdux? Are you coming to training camp this summer--that is, IF you are a Rams fan?

Comment

Poor, dear, misguided, MsWistRam,
                          Im answer to your post, Edwardsville, probably, ABSOLUTELY!!! Just havin' a little off season fun, practicing for all the smack when the season starts. Got a head start with the seachickens fans last night! (See previous post with link in NFL Smack) DEZ!!!!! Do we need to add a sarcasm smilie???

NOTE: This post was written with a huge smile on my face! MsWistRam, I'm only kidding!!! Once again my twisted sense of humor gets me into trouble. GO RAMS!!!

Comment

Hey now, don't be makin' fun of Nebraska Ram Fans. :evil:

:shield:

Comment

I've seen Dez, the guy is worthy of respect. He's got mine, man. Huntdux, that is a kick ass avatar there dude. Only a Ram fan could come up with that. Right on!:mask: :ram:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• invisiblehorns314
                                You dont have to comment, but please read...
                                by invisiblehorns314
                                So I've read a couple more posts, about leaving the Rams fan club...to that I saw, Goodbye, don't let the doorknow hit you where the good Lord split you. What's the definition of a fair-weather-fan? They are around when its convienant for them. So if the team is winning, or the weathers nice, and they got 2 tickets...you know what I'm saying? Well I would like to say something to all those "fans" who are "done" with the Rams. Please become a Winers fan so I can dispise you more then kids and vegetables. We don't need your kind here, raining on our already dim day. We all know that the Rams are a very bad team, and that's not gonna change tomorrow. I have faith that the Rams are gonna be good sooner or later. And whenever that day comes, it will only make this that much better. Fanhood is not something you pack in a bag, and and pull is out when its convienant. To make a long story short, if you wanna leave, leave, but don't you dare comeback and act like you've been here the whole time. This isn't about the past, this is now. Want some, get some...GoRams
                                -10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
                              • RammieGirl
                                Pet Peeves That Really Tick You Off!
                                by RammieGirl
                                I don't know about you guys but I have 2 things that really tick you off and that's being nice.

1) Why do businesses give numbers out like 1-555-4My-Cars? That's obviously an example but give me the FRICKEN NUMBER, ya know!! I don't want to have to go and look at my phone and look at the number underneath the letters.... GRRRRRRR

2) When I call a business with a question/concern all I want to do is talk to a HUMAN, is that too much to ask??? I get tired of pressing 3 for this and 6 for that and so on and then after all is said and done, I get disconnected. GRRRRRRRRR

Okay, my soapbox is now tucked away in my closet for awhile, lol, this happens to me all the time and I was wondering if you guys have similar encounters or other ones that you want to share.
                                -07-03-2006, 02:21 PM
                                lol must read this
                                by Guest
                                I got this from the cards M-board

Random thoughts from people 25-35 years old.

-I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

-More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can
                                think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell
                                my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

-Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
                                realize you're wrong.

-Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're
                                going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to
                                be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction
                                from which you came, you have to first do something like check your
                                watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to
                                ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by
                                randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

-That's enough, Nickelback.

-I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

-Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know"
                                feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose
                                not to be friends with?

-Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't
                                work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically
                                fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all
                                know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards
                                or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

-Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
                                suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.

-I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually
                                becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting
                                90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's
                                laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit
                                harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one
                                who really, really gets it.

-How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

-I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
                                take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear
                                your computer history if you die.

-The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

- A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the
                                spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.

- LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

-09-04-2009, 11:19 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                5 Innovations I Just Don't Get
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                As I approach the end of my fourth decade on this planet, I marvel at the many innovations that make daily life easier, more productive, more informative and more entertaining. That said, there are a few things that the youngsters spend their time and money on that I simply do not get:

1. Ringtones
                                I know, I know. Its uber-cool to have your phone play the theme from Aqua Teen Hunger Force when it rings, but is that really worth the $10 you spent to download it? Come on, its just a noise to let you know someone is calling you.

2. Text Messaging
                                What is the fascination of typing little messages on a 2 x 2 cm keyboard? Wouldn't it be easier just to call? Or, dare I say, just to wait until you see your friend the next day?

3. The MP3 Player as an exclusive music listening device
                                The whole music downloading trend, planned or not, has played out like a drug dealer's strategy. First, everything was free. Then, people got hooked. Finally, the price was jacked up (as an aside, I still don't get how that Napster guy's not in jail). MP3 players are great. I have one myself. But I don't see how it replaces actually buying albums. Sure, you can download an entire album, but most don't. Most download song by song. In doing so, you miss out on the great non-single tracks. I just hope that the MP3 age doesn't kill the great B-sides.

4. The In-Car/Van/SUV DVD Player
                                Though my kids would love one, my wife and I have resisted the temptation to buy a car with a DVD player. Kids should look out the window every once in a while. They might actually see something interesting. What's worse is the number of times I've seen someone driving alone with the DVD player on. What are they doing? Listening to a movie? Watching at red lights? Not watching the road at all?

5. In-Dash GPS Devices/On-Star
                                Whatever happened to looking at a map? Or, dare I say, just knowing where you are going? The worst of these are the ones that talk. And what about On-Star? Isn't the notion of a faceless company having the ability to monitor every move you make, unlock your door remotely and dispatch the police, fire department or EMTs to your vehicle sound just a little too Big Brother-ish?

And so, before I drive off on a route that I, and only I know, while listening to a CD player, with my phone that rings with the tone it came with, let me leave you with this thought...

When invention becomes the mother of your necessity, you need a hobby.
                                -02-18-2007, 01:43 PM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                For the Team: Week 13
                                by RamsFanSam
                                This post is directed straight to the players and coaches of the Rams.

We know you visit us, or at least you hear about what we are saying over here. So, I'm just going to be vocal, and say what I think, and hope you DO read this. A response would be cool, but I don't expect one.

Marc - I read your comments you made after the game. That didn't sound like the guy I met in October of last year. You sound furious, and you have every right to be. I know you are one heck of a great QB, and your calm manner you have is one reason you can shred teams when you need to. But, after today, speak your mind. I'm behind you.

Steven Jackson - I wondered about you at first. This season, you made me a believer. You aren't Marshall, and that's a good thing. You've earned respect on your own. I like seeing you pound that ball, taking the defense with you. Keep it up.

Isaac - Yeah, you are getting older, but you still have the moves. Don't just give up now. Even though you haven't made the 'big play' this year, you can.

Torry - one bit of advice. Throw a fit. Scream. Get fired up. Oh, yeah, and score more TD's.

Ritchie - Love the fierceness, but calm down a tiny bit. Those zebras don't like entheusiasm as much as I do.

Alex - do NOT move UNTIL the snap. And when you do move...keep EVERYONE away from Marc.

Adam - Love your work ethic, but if you hurt too much to play, think about the team first. We'll understand.

Tye and Fakhir - Consistent play is THE goal here. Yes, we love the INT's. We'd like consistent 3 and outs, too.

Pisa - you are one tough kid. A dislocated elbow doesn't slow you down, but since the broken hand, you've been quiet. Kinda wierd, if you ask me. Where'd you go?

Oshimigo - when you see someone NOT wearing blue and gold, and they have the ball....TAKE THEM TO THE GROUND!!!

Wilkins - what can I say? You da man!

The rest of you guys - where's the fire? The object of the game is WINNING. Sure, you like those big paychecks, but here's a secret....if you work hard, play harder, and start winning, those checks might just get bigger. Don't work hard, lose games, you might be asking people, "Ya want fries with that?", and that does NOT pay well. You went to college. Use the education. Who makes more money, a great football player, or an out of work liberal arts major?

If anyone wants to add to this, go ahead, but please remember, you are representing the Clan here....
                                -12-03-2006, 05:10 PM
                              Working...
                              X