X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punter signed

Jesse Nicassio---No nothing about him

Re: Punter signed

some additional details. eastern washington univ. for the last two years, before that junior college. 6 feet 1 inch, 190 pounds. averaged 44.4 yards per kick last year, which seems pretty darn good.

He may give the Ancient One some real competition in camp.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Excellent news!!

Hopefully this kid can win the job. It shouldn't take much, a decent hang time and/or some directional ability.

Comment

That is good news. I don't know why the Rams resigned Landeta. Hopefully this kid will be the one who brings respectableity back to the special teams.
        JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
        :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
        Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

I'd love to see what this guy can do. His college numbers look pretty promising.

Comment

He's got to be dead or in a wheelchair to do any worse than Landetta. Net average? If he just pretends to be a QB on 4th down and throws a pick he'll do better than Landetta.
            Last edited by adarian_too; -06-12-2004, 07:13 PM.

Comment

my money is on the youngster kicking the old goat's butt :tongue:

Comment

FWIW, Kiper had Nicassio ranked 4th amongst all the punters in his draft guide. Mel also catergorized him as having the ability to be an eventual starter in the NFL. In Eastern Washington's last game of the past season (a loss to Montana), Nicassio punted 6 times averaging 48.1 yards. I don't know if he had some favorable tailwinds, however. It'd be great if he can keep it all together during training camp and preseason.

We need more threads about punters. I wonder if the landetta/nicassio debate will be as controversial as other recent recent debates have been.

Comment

Radjohns, while there are many spirited debates on this board, I dont think that the replacement of landetta is one of them. The group seems to be basically unanimous over the last several weeks over the belief that we could really use an upgrade at that position if one was available at a reasonable price. In keeping with the movement to youth, I hope that this guy can handle the pressure in camp and win the job. Landetta, being the last guy left in the nfl who played for the decautur stanleys, is ready to retire.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
                    Radjohns, while there are many spirited debates on this board, I dont think that the replacement of landetta is one of them. The group seems to be basically unanimous over the last several weeks over the belief that we could really use an upgrade at that position if one was available at a reasonable price.
                    ramming speed to all

general counsel
                    That's unfortunate. There has been a paucity of insults on this board during the last 120 minutes. Hopefully, a faction of Landetta loyalists will emerge soon.

Comment

The Landettaites? A punter controversy? I don't think so.
                      JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
                      :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
                      Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

From a kicking perspective, i bet 99.9% of us could be described as both Wilkensites and Anti-Landettaites.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Landeta should be able to keep the position of Rams punter for one more season. :ramlogo:

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
                            Wilkensites and Landettaites
                            Those sound horrible if you actually take the time to say them out loud.

Comment