X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams | Team acquires Goldberg from Minnesota

Rams | Team acquires Goldberg from Minnesota
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 15:00:04 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have traded OL Adam Goldberg to the St. Louis Rams for an undisclosed draft choice.
    As always.....

GO RAMS!!!

Re: Rams | Team acquires Goldberg from Minnesota

Good move IMO, assuming the draft compensation is low which it should be. Goldberg has the ability to play multiple positions on the line, both guard and tackle, and at worst provides good depth. I believe he's seen some starting action as well, and he's a guy Linehan is familiar with. Solid move.

Comment

Does he take Turner or Sapaia's roster spot?

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
        Does he take Turner or Sapaia's roster spot?
        That was my next question as well. Who must go now to make room for him? If this adds depth and is an improvement over who is cut then I am all for it.

Comment

6'7 310 26 years old listed as OT going into third year in the league. Started 12 games last year for Minnesota. Has played in 29 games starting 18 in his first two years in the league.

News: Rams acquired G Adam Goldberg from the Vikings in exchange for an undisclosed future draft pick.

Impact: He'll most likely be insurance behind starters Adam Timmerman and Richie Incognito. Goldberg was expected to be cut by Minnesota but St. Louis couldn't wait around for their turn on the waiver wire. (Sat. Sep 2, 2006)

Biography:

How Acquired: Signed as an undrafted free agent in April 2003.

Injury History: Inactive for three games in 2004, but it wasn’t deemed as injury-related.

The offensive lineman is a local product from Edina who worked out for the team prior to the 2003 draft because of his local ties. Has the size, strength (450-pound bench press) and technical proficiency to develop further at guard.

2005: Played in all 16 games, starting the final 12 games at right guard, replacing Marcus Johnson at the right guard position.

2004: Earned a starting spot while filling in for right tackle Mike Rosenthal in the second half of the season. Made six starts during the regular season, as he proved to be the Vikings’ best backup at tackle, and started both playoff games. Played in 13 regular-season games.

2003: Spent the season on the practice squad.

College: Two-time first-team All-Mountain West Conference selection and an honorable mention All-America pick in 2002. Four-year starter who started three years at left tackle and played his sophomore season at right tackle.

Personal: Married, and he and his wife Brittany have one child – a son named Eli. Graduated from Wyoming with a degree in finance. Works with the Miracles of Mitch Foundation, a Twin Cities based charity that works with children with cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Good move IMO, assuming the draft compensation is low which it should be. Goldberg has the ability to play multiple positions on the line, both guard and tackle, and at worst provides good depth. I believe he's seen some starting action as well, and he's a guy Linehan is familiar with. Solid move.
            Nick, is he a starter, or just a solid backup?
            Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

...Starter, or just a solid backup? -- Varg6
              A veteran, reliable backup, V6. IMO. :r

Ten years in the NFL as an OL is good enough to play strong, first-level depth. I think he'll be taking Turner's roster spot.

SHOWTIME

Comment

I doubt turner is the guy who gets cut. has to be either sapaia or there would be some shot at steussie, but best bet is bye bye blaine.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
                  Nick, is he a starter, or just a solid backup?
                  He's a solid back-up that could be an emergency starter. I believe he started quite a bit in Minnesota. He can still develop into a good player IMO, but at this point he's looking at a back-up role and provides good depth.

Let's put it this way. If we had to start a back-up, I'd rather start Goldberg than Blaine.

Originally posted by RealRam View Post
                  Ten years in the NFL as an OL is good enough to play strong, first-level depth. I think he'll be taking Turner's roster spot.
                  Um... he's not a ten year pro? Signed as an UDFA in 2003.

Comment

i really like this pickup, a very strong backup who will get a chance to start at some point this season and make not give it up after he gets his chance.

Comment

For our younger fans, I'm including a link to a picture of the last Goldberg who wore the horns. Let's hope this one has a better time with the Rams.
                      Goldberg
                      temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                      RAMS!

Comment

IMO, a veteran, reliable backup, V6.

Ten years in the NFL as an OL is good enough to play strong, first-level depth. I think he'll be taking Turner's roster spot. --RR

V6, I don't know how I fumbled across the keyboard to put "TEN YEARS" behind Goldberg already. Wow, at that time he wasn't even playing college yet!

Sorry for that misleading information. :x

Comment

Been watching Goldberg here in Minnesota. The kid has talent! And guard is his natural position. People here in Minnesota were VERY shocked to find out they let him go. He is a local grown kid that many thought had a bright future here. He was taken out of his element last season when Rosenthal went down at tackle and for some reason was not given back his guard position back in the preseason, or even allowed to compete for it.

I believe there is potential for this kid to push Timmerman for his starting spot. The kid is HUGE and very much a road grader type blocker. Good move in my opinion by Linehan and company.

Comment

good move. you can never have enough strong men down in the trenches!

Comment