No Missed Tackles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Missed Tackles

I may be wrong but I personally did not see any missed tackles.The LBs did a great job of finishing there tackles and not letting the RB get any more yardage and the secondary did a great job of wrapping up the recievers,this is a very welcome change from last years terrible tackling I am very impressed with our new revamped D but I will hold judgement for a while longer untill I see this week in week out and its not just week 1 exuberance and hype.

Re: No Missed Tackles

There were some miscues on the D line to let Denver run for a few big ones. But there were no missed open field tackles none at all.

Comment

Pretty sure Corey Chavous missed a big one open field on a long Denver run, actually. But they seemed to be few and far between.

Comment

There were a few. One that comes to mind was Adeyanju missing a Sack. But he got pressure everytime he was in the game.

Man, OJ was laying some wood today, nothing noticeable but definately let recievers know on the sidelines that he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip32 View Post
          I may be wrong but I personally did not see any missed tackles.The LBs did a great job of finishing there tackles and not letting the RB get any more yardage and the secondary did a great job of wrapping up the recievers,this is a very welcome change from last years terrible tackling I am very impressed with our new revamped D but I will hold judgement for a while longer untill I see this week in week out and its not just week 1 exuberance and hype.
          It's all Attitude! This is the Defense I hoped would show up. this is haslett football at it's best! although i must disagree with the missed tackles. We had at least three plays that broke down due to missed tackles, the fact that they did not score was due to the support our secondary gave each other. :r

Comment

nok missed tackles like last year though for sure... no mike furrey mess ups for sure...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• realchamp11
              Last years Defense
              by realchamp11
              Was last years defense horrible cause or Larry Maine (or how ever you spell it), or was it because of the players we had, or was it a combo. of both

:1:
              Coach
              16.67%
              Players
              0.00%
              Both
              83.33%
              -03-16-2006, 10:21 PM
            • HornIt
              HornItís Rams vs. Raiders review Ė The Revenge of Chris Johnson
              by HornIt
              Yes folks itís true. The thing you never, ever, thought could possibly happen, happened.

Rams castoff Chris Johnson, the guy who stepped out of bounds on the Rams own 1 yard line on a kickoff return the first time he ever touched the ball as a Ram, made the Rams pay dearly Saturday night for their decision to set him adrift in the NFL sea of uncertainty. Well, he hooked on with the Raiders and haunted the Rams much of the night, be it with his excellent coverage or his TD saving big plays such as knocking the ball out of Fitzharvardís hands as he was driving for the goal line and through the back of the end zone.

This was just sort of the way the entire night went. Nothing much went right. What could go wrong did go wrong. Even what we thought couldnít go wrong, such as Johnson getting his revenge, went wrong.

Funny thing though is, after digesting my first viewing of the game and then watching it again on NFLN this afternoon, maybe not as much actually went wrong as I thought it did initially, and as a lot of people thought it did initially. At least, not as many fundamentally bad things came out of the game as it first appeared.

This would seem to give credence to the age old adage, never do game analysis after only one emotionally invested viewing of the game. You may just see things much differently after youíve had a chance to get over the original disappointment of the results not being exactly what you were hoping for. Thatís what happened to me this time anyway.

Watching it all again, really only two things stuck out in my mind as being responsible for how bad things appeared on first viewing last night. Those two things were penalties and Bulger, in that order.

The key play in every Raiders scoring drive was some kind of key penalty, and not just any old penalty, but big, huge, game changing penalties. 10 penalties for 157 yards, and the worst thing about that is, several of them truly were completely bogus calls. But even if they werenít, itís better news than the initial news that they simply got their butts whooped. That actually didnít happen.

Additionally, contrary to the popular narrative thus far, they were not conservative on offense and they did actually show quite a bit of their passing game, and they were making a concerted effort to go vertical and get the ball downfield. The thing is, they (mostly Bulger in this case) just didnít execute.

Think of 44 passes and 17 rushes, averaged 13 yards per completion and does that sound conservative to you? Does that sound like they didnít open up at least a little? The problem on offense last night was not a lack of imagination, it was a lack of execution.

So, letís take a look at it.
              Offense

OL

Initially I thought the O-line played fairly poorly, but on second...
              -08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
            • general counsel
              Rams bombed in Seattle-Fall to 0-3. The Good, the Bad and the (mostly) Ugly
              by general counsel
              Greeting die hard Rams fans. I say die hard, because only the most hard core Rams fans can still have anything more than a passing interest in this team. I am quite sure that the overwhelming majority of the "fair weather fans" will have jumped ship after this debacle, to the extent that they have not done so already. There will be more cries of "I am Done" and of course, the discussion of draft picks will shortly begin, especially if we lose to buffalo next week and head into the bye 0-4 with washington (road), dallas and new england ahead. Those of us that truly love and worship the Horns will be severely challenged this year and the death watch for Linehan and Ziggy is certainly well under way.

Playing against an 0-2 Seattle team missing its first 5 wide receivers, the Rams were never in this game, falling behind early and never really challenging. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we were awful in the same areas that have plagued us in the first two weeks, however, this week, we don't have the excuse of saying that we were playing an elite team.

The odds of linehan making it through the season are very low, but even if he does, the odds of him returning next year are slim and none and slim has left the building. There will be a complete overhaul of this roster in the offseason. The only really question will be whether we go into complete rebuilding mode (ala kansas city) and trade away whatever vets we have with any value at all (ie Holt, Little), or whether we try and find a way to put a competitive offensive line on the field which will give us some shot of utilizing our skill position players.

Here it is folks, read it and weep.

The Good

Chris Long had 7 tackles and was around the ball all day. A future all pro
              Donnie Jones had 4 punts for a 54.5 average.
              The McMichael leap was a really nice play.
              Jackson showed a real pulse in the second half. Great double spin on the 50 yard pass play.
              Given how few and far between the td's have been this year, lets call attention to the 21 yard td to looker.
              Spoon had 7 tackles and a sack
              We recovered a fumble off a booming punt by Jones.

The Bad

There is basically no pulse on our defense. How are you going to win in the nfl when you get 2 sacks TOTAL in three games (1 today), rarely pressure the qb, cant tackle at all, and cant cover. We allowed 245 yards rushing today and huge chunks of those yards (including that first td run) came after contact by the first defensive player and an inability to wrap up. Early in the game we did absolutely nothing to disrupt seattle's rhythm as they were throwing the ball all over the field. No collapsing of the pocket, no forcing hasselbeck to rush his throws. True, we are missing Little, our only real pass rush threat, but i dont see why we dont blitz more. The fact is clear...
              -09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
            • RamWraith
              Things from the game
              by RamWraith
              Some things I saw concerning this game the wasn't S.L.O.P. but just plan ol' SLOPPY!

*Holt's big drop (again). This is a problem that few are talking about. He has had a very rough month, yet no one cares.

*Terrible calls by the zebras. I can think of 2 phantom pass interference calls.

*Little's offside negating a INT. and giving the Cards a TD

*Barron's complete lack of discipline and really only seems to be going through the motions

*I am beginning to think Witherspoon is a poor idea in the middle. He has not been real effective the last several weeks.

*Bulger at times looked like a deer in headlights

*Lost again is Curtis/MacDonald

*Do we have any D tackles on this team?? GLOVER IS AWFUL! Kennedy is a lump. Wroten gets eaten up

*Rumor has it Bartell played SS Linebacker? Is this true?

*Green was as effective as I was on the field

*Where was Hill today?

What am I missing??
              -12-03-2006, 05:08 PM
            • ramhard
              some interesting stats from the game
              by ramhard
              Here are some stats from the game:
              P. Tinoisamoa 12 tackles and 1 sack,
              C. Claiborne 1 tackle
              D. Coakley 1 tackle

So I don't care what you say about scheme, a NFL LB who plays 30-40% of a game where the other team carries 38 times (for 176) should have more than one tackle.

B Green had 3 tackles, while Hargrove had only 1 tackle and that was his sack. After seeing how Hargrove got pushed to the outside on the TD run, I wonder if Green might be a better all around player at the point of attack.

Kennedy and Pickett had 5 tackles each. Lewis had 3 but I saw him pushed around a lot on the big plays near the goaline, and on Payton's scrambles he tried a spin move and got pushed all the way to the other side of the field opening up the lane.

For those complaining about C. Johnson on kickoffs, he returned 8 for 151(18.8 average) while the returner for the Colts returned 5 for 94 (18.9 average). So while Johnson doesn't look all that natural back there (not a lot of shiftiness just speed), and he in no way reminds us of Horne or KC's Hall, he is a decent returner who so far has held onto the ball and scored 1 TD. Not a big issue at this point. He is the type of returner that given a crack he can take it a long way, but he is not going to make people miss. If he does the same job like this the rest of the year - average returner with good coverage, potential breakthrough if a lane - I'd be happy.

Some other stats:

Dwight Freeney had 2 tackles and no sacks. R. Mathis had 4 tackles and 1 sack on Barron. So for all the gushing on Freeney (and he did goad Pace into 3 offside penalties), he was held reasonably in check - even considering the forced fumble.

One last thing. I wish they kept stats on defensive backs covering wide receivers but never seeing the ball until it goes past them (either for receptions or incompletions). I bet the Rams would be at the top of the NFL. I'm not sure if Fisher ever turns on the ball, and always seem to just run with his back turned (see Harrison's touchdown). So even if in decent coverage, often complete. Arch often does the same thing...arghhhhh.
              -10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
            Working...
            X