X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOme Bronco qoutes post game

CB Champ Bailey

(On the game)
    “We didn’t win. It’s like if you have a great season and you go to the Pro Bowl, but your team doesn’t win the Super Bowl. It doesn’t matter. You have to win. It is all about winning.”

(On if this game reminds him of the opening game last season)
    “The only similarity is that it is opening day. We have time to bounce back. We have another game next week. We just have to go back and correct our mistakes and look forward to the best.”

(On the defense keeping the team in the game)
    “Yeah, keep us in the game but it is a team thing. It is not a win. I don’t care how good we played. We still lost the game. We had plays in there that we need to get better at. We could have made some turnovers and kept it a little closer.”

(On the offense)
    “We have a lot of talent on offense, and they will bounce back. I am not worried about that. We just have to keep playing good resistance

RB Tatum Bell

(On the game)
    “It felt good to get my second career start. It was a loss, and we have to bounce back next week. We ran the ball well. When it came down to the end, we lost. Turnovers were a factor and I had one myself. I am going to learn from it and work on it.“

(On the turnovers)
    “It seemed like every time the defense stopped them, we had a turnover or went three and out. We have to eliminate that. We know that this offense is capable. We just have to go out and do it. It was no like us. We don’t turn the ball over. It was shocking to have five, and when you lose the turnover battle it is hard to win games.”

(On being in the game on the final drive)
    “We weren’t surprised at all. I felt like we were in position to win. I thought we were going to get a touchdown on the last drive. We just have to keep on pushing.”

QB Jake Plummer

(On the frustration of losing the first game)
    “Yeah, it is frustrating. It is reminiscent of how we started last year. The difference now is to see how we respond. We have a lot of guys that will respond the right way, but that is not the way you want to start a season.”

(On the offensive line performance)
    “A couple of times I was hurried. The guys gave some good protection and did a good job of giving me some time. As it went, we had some opportunities to win the ball game. When you don’t capitalize, that is when it hurts.”

(On the Rams defense)
    “They played really fast. The first interception was a bad read. The other one was a jump ball and we didn’t come down with it. The last one, I think may be a little of interference, but we can‘t rely on those calls. We have to tip our hats to them, they play fast.”

(On the Rams early pressure)
    “It affected us a little bit. We had some things designed to combat that, but playing in a loud stadium they will always be in an advantage and then the have guys (defenders) that can run like that. I think our guys battled hard, we probably played the worst first half of football that I have been involved with as a Bronco, but we came back and put ourselves in position to win, we just didn’t capitalize. If our defense continues to play like that, and offense gets better, we will bounce back from this.”

(On the team direction after a game one loss)
    “We got down there and we did not capitalize. If you get down to a team like this, at their place, you are not going to win. The turnovers hurt and that is on my shoulders. You can’t throw three interceptions. I have to make better decisions and we have to take care of the ball at running back. Our defense played their asses off and the offense just didn’t capitalize. It is game one. If we play this way for the next three or four weeks, then we have issues, but I believe we will bounce back and be just fine next week.”
    Broncos Head Coach Mike Shanahan

(Opening Statement)
    “Much credit to the Rams. Anytime you have five turnovers in a game and a big mistake on third down, usually you’re not going to win the game. Credit to them. They gave us…they made us make those mistakes. Unless we solve some of those mistakes and turnovers, we won’t win a lot of games. Last year we committed three turnovers in the first game and went on to do a pretty good job in that turnover area. It will be something that we will be stressing and obviously we’re going to have to get better at.”

(On how much of the outcome was a factor of how they played and how the Rams played)
    “Like I said I gave credit to the Rams. They played a heck of a game to keep us at 10 points and especially just running the ball fairly good. They’ve got a very good front and to keep us from the end zone was credit to them. We haven’t made that many mistakes like that for a long time. It was a combination of obviously us and them.”

(On his decisions in the first half)
    “I just felt that at that time we needed to get some momentum. If we couldn’t make a yard or two yards at that time then we weren’t going to win the game. I felt that we had to put some pressure on our offense because their defense was out on the field for most of the first half. We needed some momentum, to get going before half time.”

(On if the Rams did anything scheming-wise defensively)
    “No they haven’t. They just played good solid defense…everything that they’ve been doing, or Jim’s
    (On being down only four points at half time after how they played
    “That’s what I told our football team. To win in the National Football League, you’ve got to play well in all three phases. You’ve got to play well to win on the road. That’s the National Football League. As for our defense to keep us in the game…was really a credit to the defense with the way they played.”

(On what he’s going to say to QB Jake Plummer)
    “With all quarterbacks, you’ve got to go back and be tough on yourself, look at your mistakes. You’ve got to eliminate your turnovers and you’ve got to forget about it and go on

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
    Post-game quotes
    by RamWraith
    Head Coach Jim Haslett

(On injuries)
    “The only injury we had was G Richie Incognito, he got light headed right before the half and the doctors wouldn’t clear him to go back in. We moved T John Greco over and went with John the rest of the way.”

(On the game)
    “Obviously, this was not the result we wanted, so I am disappointed from the standpoint. I felt we played hard. I appreciate those guys like RB Steven Jackson going out there and giving everything he had, T Orlando Pace who really had a two to four week injury and DL Adam Carriker. We have a bunch of guys who are beat up with nicks and bruises. You can hang your hat on one thing, those guys went out and competed and fought through all of the adversary and injuries that they had.”

(On RB Steven Jackson having only one touch during the fourth quarter)
    “He was gassed and his leg started to bother him, so we told him before the game to go as far as you could go and then we will play the other guys.

I appreciate Steven getting out there under the conditions; he hasn’t done much in the past month. To go out there and carry the ball in which I thought he was very effective in running the ball, but in a game like situation he just hasn’t had anything for a while.”

(On Jackson’s play shows he is a “difference maker”)
    “It is a big reminder. We have said it before; during some games if we had him we might have won the game. He is a heck of a football player, when you loose a guy like him it is hard to replace him.”

(On LB David Vobora)
    “It is hard to tell, but I think he did ok. He had good instincts and good position and he is a good leader. There are a couple of plays that I can pick out that he did very well with. I am sure that if I look at the film I will find something. For a guy in his first start and a seventh-round draft pick I thought he did fairly well. “

(On interceptions)
    “The picks didn’t really hurt us, defense did a great job. After the first pick they got nothing, after the second pick they got a field goal, and the third pick was at the end of the game. Obviously, three interceptions is three interceptions. Our problem is that we have to score touchdowns, as an offense we haven’t scored any touchdowns. We didn’t score this week, we didn’t score last week and it has been that way all year in the red zone. We just are just not getting the job done. I am not sure what the answer is, we will keep researching and trying to get it done. We are not really good right now in the red zone. You are not going to win kicking field goals in this league, you have to score touchdowns.

QB Marc Bulger

(On the loss)
    “We find ways to lose. We hung in there the first half. We got that corrected, which is good. We played good in all phases at some points, but we struggled at others.”

(On RB Steven Jackson being...
    -11-30-2008, 07:48 PM
  • RamWraith
    Rams quotes
    by RamWraith
    WR Dante Hall

(On the muffed punt)
    “It was a total decision making play. I should have fair caught it and given it back to the offense.”

(On how much of the loss he blames on himself)
    “You know the old cliché, one play doesn’t lose a game…five minutes left to go in the game, all I have to do is fair catch and give it back to the offense. Worst case scenario, we kick it, pin them deep and put the game back into our defense’s hands – they were doing a great job.”

(On when he usually decides to call for a fair catch)
    “I knew they were coming down on me, it was just a bone-head play. I have no excuse. That’s a routine play for me – fair catch it…it’s frustrating, trying to make a play and I should have just fair caught it.”

(On if an 0-2 start means the season is close to out of control)
    “Not at all. I think we went 4-1 last year and didn’t make the playoffs, so it’s not in any way a season -ending loss for us. You can’t lose games like this when you have so many opportunities to get a win at home and in your division. It hurts, but in no way, shape, form or fashion is this season over with based on today.”

K Jeff Wilkins

(On his last field goal attempt)
    “…when it comes down to something like that, there was no other decision that could have been made. We had to try it and that’s usually where I rely on adrenaline maybe to give me a couple more yards. Like I said, I hit it. I don’t now what it would have been good from, but it was pretty much what I had.”

(On if missing the last kick makes the loss any harder to take)
    “Any time you don’t do your job it stinks. It didn’t go through, so it stinks.”

(On starting the season 0-2)
    “It’s a hole, but it’s a long season. We’ve all seen teams take off from here, we just have to get it turned around, get that victory and hopefully it’s next week on a game winner. Then we start rolling from there and see what happens.”

(On if he thought the last field goal attempt was good)
    “When I hit it I thought there was a shot. I knew I was at my farthest. Pregame I think I was feeling good at 54, 53 (yards), so when I hit it, I thought there was a shot, but that one I hit the best I could.”

QB Marc Bulger

(On the loss to San Francisco)
    “If you don’t do the little things and finish games and make good plays when you have to, then you’re not going to win. They played well like Carolina did, but we should have won.”

(On his confidence level on the final drive)
    “They kicked the ball out of bounds, which was a mistake by them. They were doing a lot of different things on defense to try to get pressure and they were getting there. We were moving it – I would have liked to get five or six more yards for (Jeff Wilkins), but it’s risky there if we didn’t kick the field goal on fourth...
    -09-16-2007, 06:09 PM
  • RamWraith
    Post-Game Quotes from the Rams and the Falcons
    by RamWraith
    Reaction from players and coaches after the Rams (3-9) 28-16 victory over the Falcons (3-9) at the Edward Jones Dome.

Head Coach Scott Linehan

(On injuries)
    “We had a couple of injuries, I am not sure exactly how serious they are yet. WR Brandon Williams had a right ankle sprain, he tried to go but he was unable to finish. We made some adjustments in our return game. RB Brian Leonard got hurt on the second to the last series, it was his left ankle. I don’t know what that means for next week, we will determine that at least by Tuesday.”

(On player milestones)
    “When the players hit these monuments I just like to point them out. WR Isaac Bruce’s yardage put him at fifth all-time in the NFL. That is something that we all can be proud of. People have followed him around here for years and for this football team to be part of that is something special. DT La’Roi Glover has made his 81st sack, which is seventh amongst active and 40th overall. That is really a big deal. WR Torry Holt got his 70th touchdown and QB Gus Frerotte threw his the 100th touchdown pass of his career. ”

(On game)
    “We had some turnovers in the second half that made the game tougher than we wanted it to be, but having enough points on the board to finish the game is something that we just haven’t been able to do. Winning three of the last four and gaining some momentum with how we are playing, when a lot of people thought we weren’t playing for much, I think shows a lot about the heart and character of this team.”

(On win)
    “It has been a long season for a number of reasons and we have to defend our home turf. For me I really felt that as a home team the fans and the team really stepped up when we needed to. We made the most of the crowd noise in the second half, making some plays on defense, and the play at the end of the game.”

(On QB Gus Frerotte’s performance)
    “Quarterbacks will always take a lot of heat when things don’t go well, and in last week’s game Gus accepted that. Being the stand up competitor that he is, I can respect that more than his right arm. By the way Gus came out and competed he really gave us a spark. He really only had two bad throws in the second half, which were critical errors.”

(On punts during the second half)
    “I would rather punt than turn the ball over. At the end of the day we have to win the football game and trust me we put a lot of time into working on our second half. It is a matter of execution in all areas. We have to execute more.”

RB Steven Jackson

(On what best describes the win)
    “I think it was just an all-out team win. We started off fast and in the second half, once again, we kind of stalled out, but this time I think the offense really came together and put it on ourselves to finish the game and have no excuses.”

(On his 50-yard,...
    -12-03-2007, 06:43 AM
  • RamWraith
    Post Game Quotes
    by RamWraith
    Head Coach Jim Haslett

(On injury to Derek Stanley)
    “Just to give you an injury update on Derek Stanley, he has a knee injury and he will have a MRI tomorrow. I think it is a significant injury, but we hope it is not, but he will have a MRI tomorrow.”

(On the game)
    “If nothing else this team is going to learn quickly in the future that when you have a chance to put a team away early in the game, that these turnovers are going to come back and get you sooner or later. Derek’s (Stanley) turnover led to seven points, then (TE) Joe Klopfenstein took seven off the board when it should have been 24-0 at halftime. When you let a team like that hang around and they come out and get the ball in the second half and they get a couple of field goals, then they are back into the game. You have a chance to really take care of it in the first half and you don’t do it, if nothing else hopefully this team will learn that that is the most important thing in the game.”

(On the Klopfenstein fumble and defenders being near him)
    “To me putting the ball to the ground doesn’t make a difference, you are responsible for that ball. He was wide open, he caught it, and he had enough time to cover it up and get to the ground.”

(On G Richie Incognito’s penalties)
    “I saw the pre-snap penalty but I didn’t see the holding penalty.”

(On WR Torry Holt’s offensive pass interference call by the referee)
    “I am not going to touch that. That is a young guy over there, a rookie referee. I am not sure what he saw, but obviously he thought it was pass interference and we have to live with it. If that is what he called it then that is what he called it.”

(On RB Kenneth Darby being in for the last possessions and Steven Jackson)
    “Because RB Steven Jackson was light headed and the doctor said he was down and he (the doctor) didn’t want him to go in, then he came in on the third down. That is why he was in there.

I am not really sure what happened with Steven, but when the trainer comes up and says that he is out until he is ready then he is out.”

(On passing the ball three times during the final possessions)
    “We had no timeouts, and we were trying to get a first down. We were trying to get a field goal and try to win the game.”

(On WR Derek Stanley attempting something different and risky)
    “I don’t know if it is risky, we ran about six or seven reverses today. I don’t think that was risky. He is a punt returner/kickoff returner, to me that is risky. Running a reverse is just carrying a football.”

(On the play of RB Steven Jackson)
    “I thought that Steven had a great first half, he didn’t get much going in the second half as far as the running game. He had 81-yards rushing in the first half and ended the game with 91 yards. It was a good first half. Obviously we didn’t get enough going...
    -12-15-2008, 05:57 AM
  • RamWraith
    Locker Room Qoutes
    by RamWraith
    Thursday, September 30, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On preparing for the San Francisco game)
    “I think with them starting out the way they have, and obviously with our record, it’s almost a must-win game. We had two good games last year, overtime here, then they got us pretty good out there. But it’s always a good game between these two organizations, and being a division game, it’s pretty important.”

(On playing at San Francisco)
    “Last week, the way they got beat in Seattle, that’s not indicative of how good of a team they have. Just from watching some of their defense, they move around pretty well, and they have some incredible guys over there. It’s going to be a tough challenge this week.”

(On the Rams’ offensive style)
    “I think everyone would like to see us run the ball more, the players, and I’m sure Coach Martz too. But what I think what he meant was, if the pass is all that is going for us, than that’s what we are going to stick with. Whatever it takes to win, whether we run it every down, or pass it every down, as long as we win that’s all we care about in here. I think that’s the point that he’s trying to convey.”

(On if the team is in panic mode)
    “We are not in a panic. We know there is urgency in the situation we are in. I know how upset the fans get, and how upset everyone gets, but nobody wants to win more than us. The problem with that is if we dwell on the loss Sunday too much, then we won’t be prepared for San Francisco. We know they are getting ready right now, and if we are still worrying about last Sunday, then we will be in for a long game this Sunday. We made our corrections. You hate to say you had to move on, but you have to move on.”

(On if he has a good read on the ***** defense)
    “They do a lot of coverages, and have a lot of different fronts. We played against pretty much all of those guys last year, so personnel-wise, we know them.”

(On if their defense is different now that Jim Mora is not the defensive coordinator)
    “They do a lot of zone blitzing. (Mora) was probably a little more aggressive. That was just his style. They will still dial it up, and we will have to be prepared for a lot of things. Every week, some things you prepare for they don’t do, and some things you didn’t think they would do, they do. So we are just preparing for everything.”

DE Leonard Little

(On the defense not having a turnover)
    “That’s the way it is sometimes. It will turn around for us. We’ll start to get some turnovers and get our offense on the field a little more. We started 1-2 last year and people put us in the same position last year at this time, so we just need to come out and play our game.”

(On if the defense hasn’t been as aggressive as last year)
    “No, we just made some mental mistakes. It’s not like people...
    -09-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Working...
X