X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hargrove missing?

What is this all about?
    Originally posted by Bernie
    He's missing ... no show at practice... no answer on his phones... not returning any phone calls... not responding to messages left for him.

all i know.

--B
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Re: Hargrove missing?

I ate him.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
      What is this all about?
      He's in your kitchen Bernesto, eating your food. (If there's any thing left of course.)
      JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
      :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
      Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

In an update to his earlier report of a non-story, Bernie now reports that the Rams are in touch with Hargrove.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
          In an update to his earlier report of a non-story, Bernie now reports that the Rams are in touch with Hargrove.
          I'm just glad it appears to be a "non-story". If the kid was just out partying too late or something, fine. Stupid, but okay.

However, if it were something else....
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
            Hargrove
            by RamWraith
            Hargrove seemed to get more playing time last week. I must say, he looked pretty good. I saw several pressures and being around the ball on the other side of the field.
            I wonder why the increased time? Fischer has been a non-factor the last couple of weeks. Maybe we will see more of the youngster.
            -10-05-2004, 07:15 AM
          • Richbert88
            FRR: Hargrove, born idiot.
            by Richbert88
            May possibly get released by a team that actually needs his services. Dumb Boy Dumb Boy.........
            -08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
          • RamWraith
            Hargrove strikes police officer
            by RamWraith
            profootballtalk.com

OPENING OF CAMP DOESN'T MEAN CLOSING OF JAIL

Just as the "days without an arrest" counter made a rare return to the land of two digits, we can set it back to zero.

Thank you, Anthony Hargrove.

Hargrove, a Bills defensive end, is charged with striking a police officer early Sunday morning in Rochester.

Per R News, police responded to reports of fighting on St. Paul Street, and used pepper spray to disperse a crowd of 300 to 400 people. Hargrove was inadvertently struck with the strong gas cloud, and then intentionally (allegedly) struck a police officer in the face, busting his glasses.

Which, of course, eventually resulted in Hargrove getting sprayed again.

Hargrove is charged with harassment, criminal mischief, and resisting arrest. His brother, Terrence, also has been charged with obstructing governmental administration and resisting arrest.

Hargrove is a fourth-year player from Georgia Tech. He spent his first two seasons with the Rams, starting in four games as a rookie and 15 in his second year. He started the first four games of the 2006 season with the Rams before going AWOL. In October, he was traded to the Bills for a fifth-round pick in the 2007 draft.

He currently is listed as the second string right defensive end, behind Aaron Schobel.

In the offseason, the Bills offered to Hargrove the low-level restricted free agent tender of $850,000. Since the payment is not guaranteed, the arrest could be enough to get Hargrove released.
            -08-05-2007, 09:56 AM
          • RamWraith
            Hargrove Hopes Success Carries Over
            by RamWraith
            Monday, August 7, 2006

By Nick Wagoner
            Senior Writer

On any given day, during any normal training camp practice, there will be plenty of chatter on the field. For the most part, that talk is relatively reserved, but every once in a while the monotony of the day to grind will be broken up by loud, shrill screams.

Those screeches can be heard all over the field and almost always originate from the guy wearing No. 95, defensive end Anthony Hargrove.

“He keeps us amused because he has a lot of energy,” defensive end Leonard Little said. “I have always known Tony as a high energy guy, always laughing, joking around, jumping around. It keeps us laughing, but it also keeps us loosened up out there during practice.”

Entering his third season in the NFL, Hargrove has never lacked energy or enthusiasm for football. On a consistent basis, Hargrove has been one of the team leaders in smiles and laughs.

What he hasn’t been consistent about is sacking the quarterback or stuffing the run at his spot opposite Little. That’s one mission that Hargrove is taking steps to correct and he believes this is the year to do it.

“That’s how I am treating it right now for myself as a make it or break it year,” Hargrove said. “It’s my third year; I finally should hopefully be the starter and trying to do the best I can to see where it goes from there. We’ll see what happens.”

When the Rams drafted Hargrove with their third-round choice in 2004, he had been a year removed from football because of academic issues at Georgia Tech. When he was on the field, Hargrove had been a quarterback with little experience as a defensive end.

But his size (6-3, 269 pounds) and athleticism made him an intriguing option for any team willing to take a chance on a bit of a project for the position. The Rams took that chance and Hargrove instantly became one of the team’s most impressive athletes.

Hargrove was dominant on the practice field with his speed and agility, but it never quite translated to game days. Sure, there were flashes of the talent, but Hargrove lacked consistency from game to game.

Finally, at the end of last season, something started to work for Hargrove. Never a fan of film study, Hargrove became a student of the game. He finished the year on a tear, recording 4.5 sacks in the final three games including a two-sack, fumble recovery, four tackle game in the finale against Dallas.

“I started watching more film and watching pass rushers to see what they are doing that I wasn’t doing and that’s what I tried to do,” Hargrove said. “I just tried to do what they were doing.”

What the likes of Dwight Freeney and Michael Strahan were doing was getting to the quarterback. Hargrove made it his mission to carry the confidence gained from his finish to the season into the offseason.
            -08-07-2006, 08:28 PM
          • RamWraith
            Hargrove suspened one year
            by RamWraith
            Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2008, 9:14 a.m.
            Our friend Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange and Sirius NFL Radio reports (via WKBW-TV in Buffalo) that Bills defensive end Anthony Hargrove has recently failed a drug test.

Because Hargrove has been suspended four games for violation of the substance-abuse policy within the last two years, the failed test most likely will trigger a one-year suspension.

Hargrove was traded to the Bills in 2006 from the Rams, after Hargrove went AWOL for several days during the regular season.

He’ll be an unrestricted free agent in March. And if he’s suspended for a year, it’s pretty safe to assume he won’t draw many offers.

Hargrove appeared in 12 games in 2007, starting in none of them. He had 18 tackles, 10 assists, and 1.5 sacks
            -01-19-2008, 08:53 AM
          Working...
          X