Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking your kids to the dome-How young is OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking your kids to the dome-How young is OK?

Advice please from my clanram brothers. I will be seeing the rams in september when they visit atlanta. Question, is a three year old too young to go to a live football game and sit down close where its very loud? Technically, she will be a month from her third birthday. Loves the rams, but I wonder whether she can handle the noise and make it the full five hours including pregame without resulting in numerous trips up the aisle, which would not be good during the game.

How young were your kids when you took them to their first rams game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: Taking your kids to the dome-How young is OK?

My son went at 3 and had the best time. 3 Hours gets to be a long time, so plenty of food helps.

He is six now and has seen 3 games. I think his favorite was his first, he still talks about it.

Comment

Well, the fact that you're going to a Rams away game and rooting for them will probably increase the chance of her hearing something you might not want her to hear. Honestly, I'm not sure I would do it at that age to an away game, now that I remember some of the comments that were made to my family and I in Pittsburgh when we were sporting our Rams gear.

Comment

I don't think a three year old has the attention span to sit thru an entire game, but perhaps that depends on the three year old. The noise can bother them and you can not count on the fans to act in any civilized manner especially if you are not the home team.

My brother brings his kids to the Steelers games. He has season tickets and he gets some cooperation from the fans that sit close by. His 8 year old son sat thru a raining cold game with us. He was a trooper.

Try it, but be ready to leave before the game is over if necessary.
        UtterBlitz
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
          Advice please from my clanram brothers. I will be seeing the rams in september when they visit atlanta.

general counsel
          Well well well, So will I. Do I see a mini-bash coming ?

Comment

I took my 2 yr old to the Green Bay game last year and he sat thru it no problem and even cheered for the Rams sometime he was the first to yell go. We were at the dome so it was friendly people. I would think that three would be great and the bond you will make will last forever. Go for it.

Comment

I took my 2.5 y/o to Barney a few weeks back... it went on for 2 hours (couldn't beleive it)... she loved it and danced in the aisle (she dances better than me - thats for sure)... the downside (not for me) is that she was exhausted for the last quarter nad spent it on my lap with her thumb in her mouth.... I'll remember that bit more than the show.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSeiler
                Well, the fact that you're going to a Rams away game and rooting for them will probably increase the chance of her hearing something you might not want her to hear. Honestly, I'm not sure I would do it at that age to an away game, now that I remember some of the comments that were made to my family and I in Pittsburgh when we were sporting our Rams gear.
                Accept my apologies for the cretins you encountered in Pittsburgh. I went that game too, and the behavior of some Steeler fans around children was pretty bad. And these kids were wearing Steelers gear!

I would be concerned about taking little ones to a game in hostile territory, just because people sometimes can't or don't want to control themselves. If you go, enjoy yourself, but be prepared, even if it means leaving early.

Comment

GC,

I was in ATL during the SEC championship game last year and the police were saying that crowds were thin for the 'cons games. If Vick stays healthy and ATL has a winning record then I may be a bit concerned about the noise but if they stink again like last year than I would think it would be an opportune time to introduce your daughter to a live football game.

ATL :ramlogo:
                  Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Thanks fearlessone, my thoughts exactly. the thing is, its the falcons home opener and hope springs eternal. Of course, if vick gets hurt again in the preseason......

Thanks everyone for your input. I think i am going to take her to a falcons preseason game, sit her up close and see how she does before i take the big plunge on the rams tix for her.

ramming speed to all

sign the big man

general counsel

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MauiRam
                      Daniel Fell's wife on ... NFL Wives
                      by MauiRam
                      NFL wives

Just down the winding street from our house is a charming little school called North Elementary that my family knows very, very well. It's home to the little playground with the grey "spinny thing" that Lennon has loved (to watch, not ride) since he has had an opinion. Home to a sprawling field where Danny and I used to take our sweet pup to run the furniture-chewing willies out of her. Next to a rustic, wooded nook where we had our engagement photos taken back in 2009 and about twenty years before that it was where I played kickball and four-square as a rambunctious fifth grader. North is where we meet 95% of Lennon's playdates and where he gets 99% of his knee scrapes. And when it's just me and him, we make sure to swing by Starbucks on our way there, even though it's not actually on our way. This morning was one of those days, he asked and I conceded. It was chilly out but it was just us, so we took full advantage.

When we got to the schoolyard we sat down on our favorite bench and Lennon ate a small slice of pumpkin bread before running off to join in a game of tag. As the heat of my latte warmed my fingers I was thankful that I'd won the morning jacket debate. The clouds in the distance had become the clouds overhead and the sun had been reduced to a bright spot in the corner of sky. A mom called out to her daughter, requesting a break from swing-pushing, and then walked towards me with her hands in her pockets and a smile on her face. She asked if the seat next to me was taken and then sat down.

We chatted a bit about the weather, about Lennon and then about her daughter. It was the usual Park-Mom conversation. How old is he? What school does she go to? Where do you guys live? We talked about the foreign concept of "TK," a new program called Transitional Kindergarten, and then somehow started talking about local high school ratings. Lennon ran over to me, yelled that he was "it" and threw his New York Giants ball cap on my lap. The woman looked down at the hat, raised an eyebrow, and then asked if we had ties to the East Coast. Before I knew it we were knee deep in football speak. She vented about her issues with the *****' offseason acquisitions, or lack thereof, and I told her a little about why Danny was excited to return to the Giants for another year. I asked her how she liked the new Santa Clara stadium and she asked me which city I've enjoyed the most on our journey. Before I could respond, she grinned eagerly and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Wait, what's being an NFL wife like?"

I smiled and shrugged. The answer that I have bookmarked in my brain for that oft-asked question rolled off of my tongue. I told her that there are proverbial ups and downs that come with being married to a professional athlete and that the chaotic lifestyle keeps me on my toes. That sometimes it's fun and exciting and other times it's a ball of...
                      -07-17-2015, 01:28 AM
                      WHY MEN WATCH FOOTBALL (NOT written by RamTime)
                      by Guest
                      "Why do you bug me during football? Did I bother you during childbirth?"

Tim Taylor
                      TV Host, "Tool Time"
                      Detroit

Why Men Watch Football.
                      By Bob Andelman

Mothers. Daughters. Wives. Sisters. Women in-laws.

Perhaps the greatest unspoken reason that men love football is because it gives many of us a few precious, uninterrupted hours away from those wonderful women in our lives.

Football presents one of the last great places where men can hide out. It's a game that women are not going to start playing any time soon and that few women care to attend in person, so men can still be men and watch the games, hootin' and hollerin' and behaving like jerks. Like Three Stooges movies, women just don't get it.

"Has football gotten in the way of relationships? I'm sure it has," Barry Dreayer says. "Past relationships didn't have a clue what was going on, didn't want to to have a clue."

Love 'em, hate 'em, can or can't live without 'em, men feel that women often complicate their lives at all the wrong times. Twelve-forty-five on Sunday afternoon is not the time to ask the man in your life to get up and do anything. It is not the time to engage him in deep conversation about Junior's grades or suspicions that Muffy is a lesbian. And it is definitely not the time to complain that he hasn't been showing you enough attention lately. Because for the next 6 hours, it isn't going to get any better.

Some women threaten their husbands with divorce because they can't bear the thought of losing them to football one more week. Some women do more than threaten.

Retired Nabisco Brands sales management executive and Los Angeles Rams superfan Jim Runels decided two could play that game. He divorced his football-hating wife and married a woman who not only tolerates the game but loves it.

"My first wife? I had to sneak off by telling her I was going to play golf," Runels says. "Then I'd go see a football game. I'd come back late and she'd ***** and complain. She'd get mad at me. I'd never hear the end of it. I could never get her to go to a football game."

Runels' home office in Yorba Linda, California, is packed with all manner of Rams paraphernalia -- hats, phones, umbrellas, helmet telephones, directors chairs, pins, cards. "Plus I have jerseys -- Bob Waterfield's No. 7 with my name on the back!" he says. "My first wife, I could never get through the front door with this stuff. When I met my second wife, Marge, I made it clear I was a Rams fan. I sent her a Rams card and she sent me back a Rams magnet and a note that said, 'See? I'm a Rams fan, too!' We clicked."

The new Mr. & Mrs. Runels -- members of the Rambassadors fan club -- make annual...
                      -03-19-2005, 06:17 AM
                    • -Scar-
                      Steeler Harrison's pit bull attacks young son
                      by -Scar-
                      Source

I Hate People That Raise This Beautiful Breed Of Dog Like This And Serve To Only Further Their Unfair And Undeserved Bad Reputation...
                      -05-22-2009, 02:42 PM
                    • ramsanddodgers
                      Kids say the darndest things...
                      by ramsanddodgers
                      Just a few grins to get ya by.....

1) This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly age
                      6)

) Oysters' balls are called pearls. (James age 6)

3) If you are surrounded by sea you are an Island . If you don't have
                      sea all round you, you are incontinent. ( Wayne age 7)

4) Sharks are ugly and mean , and have big teeth, just like Emily
                      Richardson . She's not my friend no more. (Kylie age 6)

5) A dolphin breaths through an asshole on the top of its head.
                      (Billy age 8)

6) My uncle goes out in his boat with pots, and comes back with crabs.
                      (Millie age 6)

7) When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the
                      ocean. Sometimes, when the wind didn't blow, the sailors would whistle
                      to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off
                      eating beans. (William age 7)

8) I like mermaids. They are beautiful, and I like their shiny tails.
                      And how on earth do mermaids get pregnant? Like, really? (Helen age 6)

9) I'm not going to write about the sea. My baby brother is always
                      screaming and being sick, my Dad keeps shouting at my Mom, and my big
                      sister has just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write.
                      (Amy age 6)

10) Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can
                      give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I
                      think they have to plug themselves into chargers.
                      (Christopher age 7)

11) When you go swimming in the sea, it is very cold, and it makes my
                      willy small. (Kevin age 6)

12) Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Two divers
                      can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other.

13) On holidays my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was
                      going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired right
                      up her fat ass. (Jule age 7)
                      -04-18-2007, 10:35 PM
                    • RamsFan16
                      This passed season matured me ... More
                      by RamsFan16
                      As you guys may when I first joined ClanRam I was a stubburn (still am:tongue: ) Hotheaded young man. Well as the season went along and I got NFL Sunday Ticket and watched every game. I noticed I matured instead of throwing a fit when we lost I just said **** Happens and I have 85 more years of my life and seasons of football to look forward too. I'm not going to sit around and pout about one season. So at the end of the season I gave up being tempermental and all that. So by posting this I want to thank all of you who didn't ban me and wanted to and kept with it for a little bit. Thank you guys! Long Live the St. Louis Rams and Long Live the Superbowl 41 Champion Rams!
                      -02-09-2006, 09:53 PM
                    Working...
                    X