Which Ram player is the greatest of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Ram player is the greatest of all time

If we can do a Rams team of all time, who alone was the best player the Rams had and could carry a team. Not your favorite, but the best :tongue:

Offense -
    Defense -

Re: Which Ram player is the greatest of all time

I evaluate this on the basis of sustained excellence over a long period of time while playing for the Rams. Based on that, my selections are:

Offense: Jackie Slater
    Defense: Jack Youngblood

Comment

No argument from me on the long term contribution, although i would put merlin olsen in a tie with jack yougblood on the defensive side.

Peak performance, in what i am sure will be a shock to everyone on this board, i give to Marshall Faulk with a slight nod over captain kurt, based on my previously stated arguments that for a window of time (call it 99-01), faulk was the very best all around player in the nfl.

general counsel

Comment

speaking of Olsen, I have heard that Jones was only great because of Olsen. Olsen's pure power and run stuffing ablity made it possible for Jones to only have to focus on a pass rush. I have also heard Deacon was terrible against the run and lined up so far outside that he was impossible to touch and was little of a factor except to the pass.

Comment

Offense-Flipper Anderson
          Defense-Jack Youngblood

Comment

Offense-I would have to go with Eric Dickerson. No one could control a game better than him.

Defense-Nolan Cromwell. The guy could do it all. Great in run support and could blanket recievers, a 3 time defensive back of the year and one time defensive player of the year.

Comment

I know it's the offseason and all but why do we need to do this? You can't single out one Rams player as the greatest ever any more than you can single out one Rams team as the greatest ever. I think it takes away from what the others accomplished.

Comment

ferter....it's the offseason. No trolls. No whiners. No aints. We haven't lost 5 in a row so we don't need to kick anyone off the board yet.

Have some fun.....it's healthy.

LOL

Comment

Sorry fert. Just trying to have some fun in the off season. Just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferter
                    I know it's the offseason and all but why do we need to do this? You can't single out one Rams player as the greatest ever any more than you can single out one Rams team as the greatest ever. I think it takes away from what the others accomplished.
                    I dunno, these threads are started to have some discussion while basically nothing goes on in the NFL. I don't think it takes away at all from what others accomplished because all we're listing is our opinion if we had to narrow it down to one guy. If you're really that opposed to it, don't read it, I guess.

I'm not exactly sure why we needed this comment either...

Anywho, my answers:

Offense: Dickerson
                    Defense: Youngblood

Comment

Offense - Orlando Pace --- Without him, Faulk and Warner would not have looked as good from 99-01

Defense - Nolan Cromwell --- You have to love a DB that could play like a LB
                      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferter
                        So, are you saying you would be opposed to my next poll: Who would win in a fight: Dennis Harrah or Batman?

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
                          So, are you saying you would be opposed to my next poll: Who would win in a fight: Dennis Harrah or Batman?

Batman---he knew Kung Fu
                          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

It's a tough decision, they're both wearing blue and gold... ;)

Comment

How about dennis harrah vs. timmerman. That would be a fair fight and a brawl of epic magnitude, comporable to the first battle between hulk hogan and andre the giant.

general counsel

Comment