No announcement yet.

Which Ram player is the greatest of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To try and redirect this back towards the original topic...

Offense - Kurt Warner, he got us the Ring
    Defense - Jack Youngblood, longtime beast on the DL

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
      Meanest ram ever
      by general counsel
      Who is the meanest ram ever to wear the horns. I mean downright nasty and ornery, not just tough, but an absolute holy terror on the field, a man that struck fear in his opponents on virtually every play.

My nominees.

Deacon Jones. I think he has to be the winner.
      Dennis Harrah. A natural born killer and a true beast for many many years. Doesnt get the publicity of a tom mack or even a timmerman, but truly an all time great.
      Big Jackie. A truly violent man on the field
      Hacksaw Reynolds. Another guy whose intensity was legendary.

Your thoughts guys.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -05-31-2006, 06:56 PM
    • macrammer
      If you could meet on current and past Ram who would that be?
      by macrammer
      oJust wondering who you would like to meet

For me.....current Ram is Danny Amendola
      Past Ram is a bit tougher choice.....so many great Rams of the past....but if I had to choose just one I would pick Jack Younblood with Jackie Slater a close second.....
      -11-06-2012, 08:29 AM
    • stlramman
      Greatest Ram ever....Vote
      by stlramman
      Cant go wrong with any of these choices but I cant believe there is no Jack Youngblood on this list.

ESPN: SportsNation Polling - 3585 - SportsNation
      -08-04-2008, 04:41 PM
    • AvengerRam_old
      Build the Perfect Ram
      by AvengerRam_old
      Here's a pre-draft passing the time thread for you...

Build the perfect Ram by listing a player who fits the following attributes (please don't use the same player for more than one category):

Physical Traits: Strength
      Physical Traits: Speed/Agility
      Physical Traits: Skill/Precision
      Toughness
      Leadership Skills
      Charisma/Personality
      Team Loyalty/Best Teammate
      Big Game Ability
      -04-01-2010, 09:18 AM
    • NJ Ramsfan1
      Who is your favorite all_time ram?
      by NJ Ramsfan1
      The mood hit me to go outside the box for this one, since we all hope these recent developments with Spagnuolo will bring us back to glory.It got me to thinking about why I became a Rams fan- and the great teams and players they've had over the years. I will give you my top two- which is AWFULLY difficult, since there are so many great Rams I've rooted for since I was a little kid.

#2 is Jack Youngblood- A great, great, player whose toughness, production and leadership is legendary. That he had to wait 17 years to get into the Hall of Fame is an absolute joke. Went to at least 8 pro bowls and was the 1975 NFC defensive player of the year. Unofficially had 150.5 career sacks- an unbelievable total considering he was undersized even by yesterday's standards. Learned from the great Deacon Jones and anchored a line that was part of a Rams team in the 70's that led the DECADE in total defense. And of course playing 1 1/2 games (one of which was Super Bowl XIV) on a broken leg was the stuff from which legends are made. A class guy on and off the field, he was the guy who made me a Rams fan as a 5 year old boy.

#1 is Nolan Cromwell- My childhood idol. I played safety, special teams and held for placekicks during my high school football days and wore his number (#21) in every sport I ever played and wore it during my college baseball career and in semi-pro leagues thereafter. A stellar athlete who was one of the top two or three safeties of the 80's and a guy I don't feel gets his due today as an all-time great Ram (management even disrespected him by giving Lawrence Phillips his number). I had the good fortune of teaching with a guy who knew Nolan personally- and I got his jersey I wore as a kid signed by him along with a personal letter. Both are framed in my den.

Who are your favorite Rams?
      -01-21-2009, 03:52 PM
    Working...
    X