rams sked-path to the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rams sked-path to the playoffs

We have 4 wins. Assume it takes 10 to get in. We have 10 gets left, meaning realistically, we need to win 6. Where do those six come from?

Answer. Home vs kc, home vs ariz, home vs whiners, road vs oakland, home vs washington and road vs minny.

Probable Losses. At sandiego, at seattle.

We have a decent shot- at carolina and home vs. the bears

In the "we have a decent shot" category, both of those could easily be losses.

As i see it, given the second half collapse vs seattle and the loss to the whiners, we can certainly still make the playoffs, but we have virtually no margain for error at this point. No more mulligans. The oakland game scares the heck out of me, its the ultimate trap game. A terrible team, with us on the road, will we be up and ready to play? I dont think we should anticipate that 9-7 will get us in. Its not impossible, but not likely either. Thus, we cant even begin to think about the impact of a loss to either a sf, ariz or oakland at this point.

I think it will all come down to those last two weeks and with wins vs washington and minny i think we get in.

The game with the most upside of course is at seattle, because if we can find a way to win that game, all of this changes and we are right back in the hunt to win the west. If we lose that game, its wild card or bust in all liklihood, even if we wind up at 11-5 since they will hold the tiebreaker.

I dont care how good the bears are, i think we have a shot against anyone playing at home. The game is also several weeks away and there is no telling the injury status of the teams at that point.

When you break down the sked like this, you see why those early season games against lousy teams like detroit and green bay were must wins. People say "its early in the season there is plenty of football left." Sure there is, but there are only 16 games and you have to be realistic about your chances on the road, especially against the tough teams.

Consistency is the key in the nfl and if you want to be a playoff team, you have to be solid, you cant play just to the level of your competition and you HAVE to put teams away when you have the chance, especially quality teams, and that is something we failed to do last sunday and it bit us in the butt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: rams sked-path to the playoffs

GC,hard to disagree with any of that except as we have discussed before,i feel we have a better shot beating seattle on the road than we do beating carolina,i cant give a really good reason,its just a hunch.

Comment

Well one thing is for sure. We're going to see what this team and staff are made of in thier first season together, with the remaining teams on our sched.

Will they play like the first half against the Hawks or the second half. They have the potential.

Maineram -

Comment

Other than the obvious games that we need to win, the biggest games on the schedule are Bears,Seahawks,Panthers and Vikings. All could have effect in any tiebreaker situations.

I feel like we have just as good a chance at the playoffs as anyone else.

Rams 10-6 at least.:r
        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

When I looked at the schedule when it first came out I felt The Redskin game was key. I still think that game will be the one that determines weather or not we get in.

If we lose the the niners again this year we do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Snowy in Denver. Got 2" last night. Mountains have about 50"!!

Ya'll come skiing!!! Its going to be a great year.

DenverRAm

Comment

I too think there will be one key game. My hunch is that we are 9 - 6 going into that last New Year's eve game with Minnesota. Win and we should be in, lose and we likely are out. So, we either have good reason to celebrate or drown our sorrows and tip a glass to the new year.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
              rams vs seahawks-its very simple
              by general counsel
              With the announcement that alexander is not going to play, this is a very simple challenge for the rams. If we cant beat seattle without BOTH of them, its time to throw up your hands and say once and for all, with no caveats of any kind, that they are simply the better team. I dont care if its home or road, how would you like to be playing seattle without bulger and steven jackson? How much of a chance do you think we would have to win if they had hass and alexander and we didnt have bulger and jackson?

At the end of the day, a win in this game and we are tied for the nfc west lead and back in the hunt for a playoff spot, despite all our problems. If we lose this game, giving them the tiebreaker edge and giving us a sub .5o0 record heading on the road to carolina, its basically time to start thinking about the draft.

I dont see 9-7 getting us into the playoffs and when i look at the sked, i know that this game is a must win. I really felt that way about the chiefs game, but hope springs eternal in my mind and i am not willing to give up without a fight.

Seattle without hass and alexander isnt a playoff caliber team and if we cant beat them, i dont see how we can consider ourselves contenders for anything, other than finishing ahead of the whiners and the Big Dead.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
              -11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
            • Guam rammer
              Rams vs playoff teams
              by Guam rammer
              After watching a couple of the games this post season its evident we would'nt stand a chance even if we tried to play our best game. intensity, coaching, game planning, all aspects of these games we were lacking. Its hard to wonder how we even fielded a team on sundays. We took a beating all season long for our lack of preparation and desire. for the coaches and players that are still in the hunt they deserve to be there. And as a fan of the rams i can only hope that soon someday we can once again play with the big boys of this league with a sense that we belong in that elite group.
              -01-13-2008, 04:09 PM
            • r8rh8rmike
              Rams, 5 Other Teams In Running For 2 Wild-card Spots
              by r8rh8rmike
              Rams, 5 other teams in running for 2 wild-card spots

4 hours ago • POST-DISPATCH

Playoffs? Playoffs!

After the four divisional leaders, the following six teams currently are chasing the NFC's two wild card spots:

Team (Record) / Remaining games

1. Seattle (8-5)

@ Buffalo (5-8)

vs. San Francisco (9-3-1)

vs. Rams (6-6-1)

2. Chicago (8-5)

vs. Green Bay (9-4)

@ Arizona (4-9)

@ Detroit (4-9)

3. Washington (7-6)

@ Cleveland (5-8)

@ Philadelphia (4-9)

vs. Dallas (7-6)

4. Dallas (7-6)

vs. Pittsburgh (7-6)

vs. New Orleans (5-8)

@ Washington (7-6)

5. Minnesota (7-6)

@ Rams (6-6-1)

@ Houston (11-1)

vs. Green Bay (9-4)

6. Rams (6-6-1)

vs. Minnesota (7-6)

@ Tampa Bay (6-7)

@ Seattle (8-5)
              -12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
            • renrawtruk
              Did the Rams Chances of getting to the playoffs improve or worsen?
              by renrawtruk
              (BTW, what's the opposite of improve? Diminish? Decline?)

So really only 2 things changed in the race for the last Wild Card spot this week from last:

#1. Tampa lost
              #2. There is 1 less game left to catch up

Point #2 point is major because now there is only 3 games left and Dallas and Washington both won games that were key in the formula of potential games they could lose. (yes, they play each other, but if either or both have 9 wins going into that game, we are in trouble).

#1. is almost irrelevant because we play Tampa and could have given them the needed 1 loss.

Still need a loss by Seattle which could happen vs. SF in 2 weeks.

HOWEVER, athough our chances of getting the last wild card spot may have went down a bit, the other wild card spot COULD open up if Chicago loses to Green Bay. (then, of course we need Chicago to lose to Detroit on the last game, but is only possible if GB beats Chicago this week.

...and I know "we just have to beat Minnesota first", but entertaining the above.
              -12-12-2012, 10:06 PM
            • laram0
              Indoors vs. Outdoors
              by laram0
              Our RAMS have played 5 games "indoors". 4 at the Edward Jones Dome and 1 on the road at the Superdome. Our record in Dome games is 1-4 our only dome win coming on the road. However we were competitive in all 4 of our games at home. With any luck at all we would have split the 4 home games.

1. Lost vs Caorlina 27-13 (Steven Jackson fumbles twice)
              2. Lost vs San Fran 17-16 ( Holt fumbles through the endzone & Dante' Hall fumbles a punt)
              3. Lost vs Arizona 34-31 ( The refs stole this game from us)
              4. Lost vs Cleveland 27-20 ( Ahead 14-3 when Steven Jackson goes out with the back injury)

Our offense has put up 117 points and averaged 361.4 net yards per "Indoor" game.

Outdoors is a completely different picture. Granted obviously all "outdoor" games are road games. We are 1-4 "outdoors" with our lone win coming against the pathetic Whiners.

1. Lost @ Tampa Bay 24-3
              2. Lost @ Dallas 35-7
              3. Lost @ Baltimore 22-3
              4. Lost @ Seattle 33-6
              5. Won @ San Fran 13-9

Our offense has scored 32 as in thirty-two points in 5 "outdoor" road games. While averaging an equally embarrassing 224.8 total net yards per game.

The good news is that we have 6 regular season games left to play. 4 of which will be played "in" the Edward Jones Dome. The other 2 will be at Cincinnati and Arizona.

My question is this: Does our team have a problem with "outdoor" football? I mean liars figure but figures don't lie. We are horrendous "OUTDOORS"!
              -11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
            Working...
            X