Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Sorry To Say It But........

Before i say this i am a die hard rams fan but this is what i really think

we really are not a good team and we really do not have a good OFFENSE, yes i said OFFENSE, i mean say what you will about stats but look at the colts, their defense is almost worse than ours and they give up more yards on the ground but they still win constantly, while our offense puts up good stats we still cant out score teams and we cant execute when we need to, our offense has the same type of players as the colts too (manning,bulger harrison,holt) i guarantee you if the chiefs would have scored 31 on the colts, the colts would have scored atleast 40, our offense is mediocre and it really cant help us win games, we need to fix our defense or we will be suffering a long time
    What do you think???
    Last edited by Will51; -11-08-2006, 03:33 PM.

Re: Im Sorry To Say It But........

Itís hard to argue with that logic.:x

Comment

But we don't have exactly all the same players, particularly O-line, look, last year they had EDGE who was awsome, this year they have 2 no name running backs who are putting up some pretty decent numbers, a huge part of the colts O, is that their O-line is VERY GOOD. Our oline can't even compare, but besides that fact you are pretty much on target, good post
      Built RAM tough

Comment

well the colts line is very good but it really is not much better than ours, i mean we dont exactly give up that much sacks and jackson is getting pretty decent yards behind our O-Line(he is 5th in the league in rushing), its just because the colts execute and we dont, they score when they need to just like we should, but i do believe we a have a mediocre offense

Comment

SJ 5th in the league in rushing is very misleading. As a team, we are 23rd in the league in rushing. Not exactly stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by Will51 View Post
            well the colts line is very good but it really is not much better than ours, i mean we dont exactly give up that much sacks and jackson is getting pretty decent yards behind our O-Line(he is 5th in the league in rushing), its just because the colts execute and we dont, they score when they need to just like we should, but i do believe we a have a mediocre offense

Uh, excuse me....

The Rams are 10th in scoring offense in the NFL, averaging 22.5 points per game. That's hardly "mediocre". If you're going to compare us to the best, compare us to the Chargers, who lead the lead in scoring offense, not the Colts. :x

jeez... :\

Comment

well the colts line is very good but it really is not much better than ours
              Wow, their O line is MUCH better than ours. Bulger has been sacked 24 times, and Manning has been sacked 10 times. Jackson is basically getting his yards with little help from the O Line, while the Colts have a rookie and a second string RB at best getting similar numbers that Edge was getting. There is no comparison between the two lines.

Comment

I have a feeling Marshal will use the same game plan he did with the Rayduhs. Keep the QB on his butt, or our suspect secondary will get destroyed by big time receiver. (moss/holt).

Comment

Hopefully we can protect Bulger better than the Raders did Walter.

Regarding the first post, I have eernal optimism about the Rams winning each game.

Comment

we really are not a good team and we really do not have a good OFFENSE, yes i said OFFENSE, i mean say what you will about stats but look at the colts, their defense is almost worse than ours and they give up more yards on the ground but they still win constantly, while our offense puts up good stats we still cant out score teams and we cant execute when we need to, our offense has the same type of players as the colts too (manning,bulger harrison,holt) i guarantee you if the chiefs would have scored 31 on the colts, the colts would have scored atleast 40, our offense is mediocre and it really cant help us win games, we need to fix our defense or we will be suffering a long time
                    What do you think???
                    Well, for example. The Colts-Pats game. Colts got what, 4 turnovers? How many did the Chiefs get? It's hard to win games with turnovers, you see it every now and then with the Bears against Arizona, but it was pure luck...
                    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Yeah I Agree With Most Of The Guys You Have To Remember That The O-line Plays A Huge Role In This Game The Only Good Lineman Would Be Orlando Pace And He Can't Do All The Workif We Don't Get Good Protection Good Things Don't Happen Our Offense Is Good It Just Needs To Know How To Get That Ball In The Inzone More Times

Comment

Bulger actually gets sacked quite a bit. I don't see how anyone can say our line is "good." The rest of the offense is just fine.

Comment

Didn't we put up over 400 yards of offense against the league's best defense in the Chargers???

Comment

What do you think???
                            I have to disagree, there's nothing wrong with our offense. I would also put the group of Manning,Harrison and Wayne slightly ahead of our trio of Bulger,Holt and Bruce.
                            sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by ramsbruce View Post
                              Wow, their O line is MUCH better than ours. Bulger has been sacked 24 times, and Manning has been sacked 10 times. Jackson is basically getting his yards with little help from the O Line, while the Colts have a rookie and a second string RB at best getting similar numbers that Edge was getting. There is no comparison between the two lines.
                              True the Colts O-line may be better than ours but to say "MUCH" is a stretch in my opinion. Peyton Manning is the ultimate manager of an NFL offense. It's his ability to read and react at a split second that allows the Colts offense to fly so high. The O-line 9 times out of 10 doesn't have to protect as long because of Mannings intelligence of the game. The Colts are one of the few teams that actually set up the run off their prolific passing game. So to sum this up, again I don't set the Colts O-line that far above ours.
                              sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment