This game is HUGE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is HUGE!

We all know that this is a must win for Divison purposes. Obviously for Wildcard contention also. Here's a list of the games this week that have a direct effect on our Rams.

Rams (4-4) @ Seattle (5-3)
    Cowboys (4-4) @ Cardinals
    Browns @ Falcons (5-3)
    Packers @ Vikings (4-4)
    Redskins (3-5) @ Eagles (4-4)
    Buccaneers @ Panthers (4-4)

This Seattle game is crucial. I predict the Cowboys,Falcons,Vikings,Eagles and Panthers are all going to win this week. So if we are going to keep pace we must win this game!!!!:imho:
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: This game is HUGE!

As of now I am not ready to throw in the towel. I think we can win this game, but if for some wacky reason we don't win with them missing Hassleback and Alexander, I will raise the white flag myself.

GO RAMS!

Comment

If we are going to the playoffs then this will be the game that puts us on our way. If we play like we did in the first five weeks we have a shot. If we play like we did in the last 3 weeks, we don't.

Road game, divisional foe, 5-4 instead of 4-5, 2-2 in the division instead of 1-3.

I'd say it's pretty big...............

If we screw up however, it's still not over.........it'll be nearly over but not quite.

Comment

It is time for a statement game. We need to show that we can step it up against a team with a winning record, regardless of who is out. Their defense is intact, and we need to show that we can score at will and control the game on offense. On defense, we need to stop letting backups have highlight reel material and shut them down. If we can't get it done this week then we have dug ourselves a hole that will be difficult, if not impossible to overcome. GO RAMS...

:l

Comment

I suppose we can hope that Wallace fumbles in the last seconds of the game to hand us the win like Warner and Favre did. Without those 2 turnovers the Rams would be a 2-6 team.
          :helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by mh-i View Post
            I suppose we can hope that Wallace fumbles in the last seconds of the game to hand us the win like Warner and Favre did. Without those 2 turnovers the Rams would be a 2-6 team.
            yup, but if not for a technicallity in the run off rule, you'd be 5-3. Fact is, you are 4-4, game back of the lead.

Comment

ya but if you look at the first seattle game if the right penalty was called in the first place we win that game, and the game in san fran if atogwe doesnt over shoot that ball to bryant for a 73 td catch the rams most likely win that game too,... all these what ifs and should of would ofs' are bogus,.... Its the NFL, a play changes the complexity of the ball game...

Comment

This game is...
                HUGE
                Last edited by LA Rammer; -11-10-2006, 02:25 PM.
                LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

"ya but if you look at the first seattle game if the right penalty was called in the first place we win that game"

What penalty would that be?

Comment

Hummmmmmmmmmmm! 10 Second Run Off! We Would Win, We The Rams!!
                    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

Comment

HUGE

CAN'T WAIT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO WIN THIS ONE... HANDILY!
                      LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

Comment

Go Rams!!!!!!!

GO RAMS!!!
                        LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

Comment

So Little deserves no credit for causing Favre to fumble, you think Favre just gave it away? :x

Comment

What in the world are you talking about? The penalty at the end of the Rams game WAS NOT A RUN OFF FOUL... lol how many times does the media need to explain how the rules work? And the conspiracy theory that the Hawks intentionally fouled is just nuts, I mean do you think they intentionally got a penalty SO they could kick a LONGER field goal? Thats nuts. Bureleson made a mistake and he was lucky it was a formation penalty and not a dead ball foul, which is what would have been the run off.

So... stop with the "we would have won if the refs called the penalty correctly" mumbo-jumbo cause its fact that they DID call it correctly.

And yes, this game is HUGE for both teams and should be a fun and exciting game! Hers to an injury free game for both teams!

Comment

This game defines the Rams season. We can't lose to a crippled division opponent and expect to be able to do any damage the rest of the season. The Seahawks can absorb a loss, we can't.

The Seahawks are still a very suspect team, injuries or not, with only 1 quality win this year. 2 if you want to count the win against the Rams. If we hold onto the ball we'll win.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
                                This is an UPSIDE game
                                by general counsel
                                Injuries aside, this game really has only upside. Its a very tough road game against a team we dont match up well against, even with their injuries. We are healthy, coming off a bye and hopefully rejuvinated for the rest of the season, but we have been unable to consistently stop the run all year and this is one of the best running teams in the nfl with what is maybe the best back in LT and a solid young improving qb. They have a stout defensive line and a monster nose tackle.

If we can find a way to stay in this game, we have a legit shot to win at the end of course. If we can protect bulger, we can score on them, but of course, merriman is a part of that and his status remains up in the air at this point. I hope we have a plan to control that nose tackle, but i suspect this is one of those cases where a plan is great but execution is very very tough. If jackson cant run at all and we spend the day in long yardage situations, its going to be even tougher.

We are 9 point underdogs which is a very big spread and tells you that the oddsmakers, who know more than any of us, think that bye or no bye, injuries or no injuries, we are in big trouble.

To me, our shot at this game is simple. We have to win the turnover battle convincingly and score tds in the red zone. In short, we will need to play our best game of the year and hope that they make some mistakes. If we can do that, we have a shot in this game. If we only play a half or maybe even three quarters of football, it wont be enough on the road against sandiego.

At the end of the day, this is NOT a game we have to win. Thats what i mean when i say it really has only upside as long as we dont get hurt. The game we will have to win is the following week at home vs kc.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                                -10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
                              • Bar-bq
                                One Win Away! Are the Rams a good team?
                                by Bar-bq
                                With the Cards and Seahawks both losing today, we actually pulled closer toward the playoff picture. We're currently the 7 seed, one win behind Minnesota for the six seed.

We're not yet half way through the season, so it's super early for playoff prognostication, but it's nice to think that we control a tiebreak with the Vikings if the season does indeed head that way. We're still two wins away from the Cardinals, but we hold the tiebreak over both Arizona and Seattle so far.

We're also not sure if we're a particularly good team just yet. We've lost two games against quite good teams in Pittsburgh and Green Bay, and stunk it up against Washington. We've also beaten two competitive teams in the division.

Gurley's emerging, Austin has scored TDs in consecutive games and the defense has been generating pressure and turnovers, and they put a leash on Rodgers last week. Conversely, there's nothing going on along the OL and Foles has been Jekyll and Hyde when they have been unable to sustain blocking.

Are we a good team right now? What do you make of our chances to make a playoff push six weeks in to the season?

Personally, I think we'll still be competitive come December.
                                -10-19-2015, 03:13 AM
                              • general counsel
                                this game is a MUST win
                                by general counsel
                                Lets not kid ourselves. If we want to go to the playoffs, this game is a MUST win. We are at home against a clearly inferior team. Even if we play without The Big Man, there is no way we can afford to lose this game if we want to go to the playoffs. Losing to the whiners was a bad loss, but at least it was a road game. Bad losses at home are a recipe for disaster in the nfl.

We are an impossible fumble away from 1-2, but how we got to 2-1 is irrelevant. At the end of the day, in the nfl, a win is a win and any road win is just fantastic.

Next week is another crucial game, on the road vs. a team we should beat. HOwever, no need to look ahead. We HAVE to take care of business tomorrow if we are interested in a special season. We have plenty of tough games ahead and while every game in the nfl is tough, this have to qualify as one of couple most winnable games of the year. We cant afford a mental letdown and the time has come to convert in the red zone, which is really the single most critical component to us having a playoff season (after health of course).

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                                -09-30-2006, 04:25 PM
                              • laram0
                                RAMS @ Seahawks...this game is HUGE!
                                by laram0
                                A win at Seattle would turn this season around. Can we win this game? Sure.
                                Will we win this game? The experts say no but the game still has to be played. Any given Sunday right?

All of our games against division foes are going to be HUGE. We need to keep our eyes on the NFC WEST. I still belive we can win our division. Yeah I know you think I'm nuts. Maybe I am but look at the respective schedules of all four teams in the NFC WEST. The other three teams are going to be playing Philly and the GMEN too. We've had by far the toughest two game schedule to start out the season.

I know things look bleak but I'm not giving up. A win at Seattle is just what the doctor ordered for our RAMS.

GO RAMS!!!!!

:helmet:
                                -09-16-2008, 10:18 AM
                              • Guam rammer
                                The time to win is now!
                                by Guam rammer
                                With a win @ Denver and a surprising loss to SF we need to win our next 3 games against the Cards (1-1), lions
                                (0-2) and packers (0-2). Awe heck! it'd be nice to win all our games.
                                Our next 5 opponents after the above said will be Seattle, SD, KC, Seattle and Carolina. All are definately contenders for something in this league.
                                If we go into the Seattle game in week 6 @ 4-1, We'll be in good condition to battle for a share of the top spot of our division.
                                Arizona has tough contests against Atlanta, KC, and Chicago after this week, and SF also has tough games against philly, and KC comming up.
                                We will need the momentum going into the Seattle game, and 4-1 will be a great confidence booster. If we come
                                away with a win at Seattle and are at 5-1, we won't be out of the thick because then everyone will focus their attention on us and our next 4 opponents are capable of punching us in the mouth!! and amongst those 4 we get Seattle again, this time on their turf.
                                Seattles next 2 games are @ home against the Giants, and away against the Bears. They could come away w/ 2 wins, a win and a loss , or 2 losses(wishful). Then they get a bye week to rest up and plan against us. If the Rams are gonna to make a move, i think this time now is critical because The middle of our season looks brutal.
                                Planning ahead in the NFL isnt always a good thing and i'll admit i had us Destroying the 9ers last week, but who knows, anything can happen. Lets just hope it isnt 1-4.
                                I know, i know, 1 game at a time and the cards won't be an easy task but THESE 3 GAMES ARE CRITICAL TO THE SUCCESS OF OUR TEAM!!
                                -09-20-2006, 04:14 PM
                              Working...
                              X