This Will NOT be a close one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Will NOT be a close one!

Rams will win handily!!! No Hass, No Alexander, you kiddin' me!!! Seattle is not taking this game too seriously. I don't see the squawks winning. The two are a very integral part of this team. The excuses are laid up and piled up high. The only ones who can lose this game are the Rams, defense not even an issue. Mark my words Bulger will have another great game and Jackson will do damage receiving out of the backfield. Holt is also due. As for our defense Pisa is back and Little will get his share of sacks (2-3)

I feel good about this game, as it is more important for us. Look at the Rams having, not a great defensive showing, but a decent one enough to hold them off.

If it rains Bulger can play in the rain! (vs. Steelers)
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Re: This Will NOT be a close one!

Originally posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Seattle is not taking this game too seriously.
    Somehow I kind of doubt this. They may be missing their two big stars but I doubt that means they aren't taking this game seriously.

Comment

Some people seem to be underestimating Seneca Wallace, he's looked decent so far this year and the fact that he can scramble makes it even worse for us. Blitzing seems to be the only way for us to get pressure, but blitzing a mobile running QB could be a disaster.

Morris can run on us, anyone can run on us, so to think just because Alexander is out that makes it a sure thing we will shut down the run is a stretch.

I agree with Nick, there is no way they aren't taking the game seriously. They win this game and take control of the division, that's serious.

As bad as our defense has been it will always be an issue until it's fixed, so to think we are going to go into Seattle and just light them up is a bit much. It could happen but from everything we have seen so far this year it seems unlikely.

Comment

We shall see! I'm pretty sure about this one. Had the wheels not came off in the second half we would have won easily. How often are 54 yarder made to win, especially on a note like that. And what I mean by serious I don't feel they view it as must win as much as we do!

Sorry but I won't concede. We should tuffin' up. What if the players came on this website and judged our threads the way we do their game play. We need to be more optimistic and supportive of our team and kick those ugly birds back to obscurity.
        Last edited by Nick; -11-11-2006, 01:34 AM.
        LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

We need to be more optimistic and supportive of our team and kick those ugly birds back to obscurity.
          When did providing a realistic assessment of our team constitute a person not being supportive? I know for a fact RB and I will be cheering the Rams on as loudly as anyone else will on game day. But we're also going to call it like we see it from an analysis standpoint, and at the risk of speaking for bruce, what we see right now is a defense that is just not getting the job done in any phase of the game.

Comment

This one shouldn't be close, but neither should any of the ***** games we've played the last two years. I think the Hawks that do suit up for this one are going to be determined to catch us off guard. I have faith in our team to win it, but I really don't like games like this because the best we can possibly do with this game is meet expectations. And if we don't beat them, the team comes home humiliated.

Comment

Well, if you go to seahawks dot com and click multimedia, then watch some of the short video clip interviews with players/coach, you will hear them talk about how important this game is... not a single player seems to be looking past the Rams. This game is for undisputed first place in the division, that is huge.

Comment

Thinking that SA and MH are out for this game, sure I'm confident. I was also confident that we could handle the Chiefs. If we come out and allow the Seahawks the same opportunities we allowed the Chiefs ( turnovers) we'll lose. We have to play mistake free offense/special teams and take the crowd out of this game. This is a winnable game there's not doubt.

:imho: Linehan needs to run a consevative ball control offense and Haslett needs to run a conservative defense as well. Make the Seahawks one dimensional, stop the run at all costs. We need to keep Seneca Wallace in the pocket and force him to throw the ball. Seeing over the trenches is an issue for SW. Playing conservative on both sides of the ball and waiting for the Seahawks to make a mistake, "Weather" it's a turnover or mental error.

This is a big game for both teams.:r
                sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Our RAMS have a lot to prove this Sunday. FTMP the D has really stunk. I hope we see an effort like we saw vs Denver from all of our units except we score TD's instead of FG's from the money MAN!
                  Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Originally posted by MonaLisaOverdrive View Post
                    Well, if you go to seahawks dot com and click multimedia, then watch some of the short video clip interviews with players/coach, you will hear them talk about how important this game is... not a single player seems to be looking past the Rams. This game is for undisputed first place in the division, that is huge.

Agreed!!!!! man this is first place!!! their players are going to be up for this game.........hey its the Rams V Hawks game.. theres always fireworks when both teams play each other!! and I can't wait.........

steve:l
                    "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

I'm sure some on here where very sure about beating SF this year too. We squeaked by too many of our wins to think we will handily beat the Seahawks. With or without Hastleback and Alexandra.
                      The Rams... Where dreams go to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        When did providing a realistic assessment of our team constitute a person not being supportive? I know for a fact RB and I will be cheering the Rams on as loudly as anyone else will on game day. But we're also going to call it like we see it from an analysis standpoint, and at the risk of speaking for bruce, what we see right now is a defense that is just not getting the job done in any phase of the game.
                        Exactly. I always have and will always be a Rams fan (25 years and counting), but I have to be realistic about the team and what I've seen this year. I hope the D will prove Nick and I wrong, but so far from what they have shown it hasn't looked good.

Comment

No Hass, No Alexander, you kiddin' me!!!
                          refresh my memory....exactly which stars did the Niners have that beat you? thats right, Montana played that day...wait, no, my mistake. Surely Rice was there to catch a few...umm, nope, he's retired too. so, what are their probowl players that beat you?

Sorry to the members of clan ram, great site. but this is a silly statement given the state of your defense. Great offense as usually, and you do have a good chance of winning. but, its not a slam dunk like this guy seems to think it is.

it should be a close, exciting game like we've had the past couple of years. heres to no injuries.

Comment

Another division game, & as always they will be hard fought to the bitter end.
                            It will be close, & it will be exciting to watch. Go Rams.

Comment

To be honest with all of you, I think a close win or loss would be a major under-achievement, considering the major injuries the Hawks have. If we can't beat them without their starting QB or all-pro RB, we should hang our head and slither on out of the stadium. I don't care if it is in their house, we need to win this game convincingly.

To put a different twist on this, consider what we would be thinking if they were coming to our house, and Bulger, Jackson and one of our top three recievers were all out. Most of us in here would be conceding that one before it started. So, with that in mind, shouldn't we be thinking the same? Shouldn't we be thinking that they're much too beat up to be competitive? ..and sadly, since many of us are not, doesn't that tip our hand as to how mediocre we really think this Ram's team is? Now don't get me wrong, I'll celebrate a victory by any score because it still means we have a shot at the postseason. BUT, I think deep down the Ram players will, to a man, leave Washington with some doubt in their mind as to how good they are if they can't put away a team that is wounded and not playing at near full-strength. As I've said before about this game on this site, this game will define who the Rams really are. It is as much a "make-or-break" game as we'll have all season. The Rams need to jump on the Hawks quickly and knock them down early, much like they did in the game in St. Louis. Only this time, they can't let them get back up.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
                                What a difference a couple of games can make...looking ahead
                                by general counsel
                                Depsite the gloom and doom and the appearance that the defense cant stop anyone, lets assume for a second that we can find a way to beat both the saints and jacksonville and get healthy in the bye week.

Think about how excited and geared up we will all be to head to seattle for a little payback. A healthy bulger and bruce. A jelling offensive line. Little back at full strength, a little momentum. Who knows, maybe an injury or two for seattle to some key guys (and i am not talking about receivers that while talented cant hold onto the ball anyway, i am talking about guys like haselback, alexander, jones etc), maybe a game where the refs dont shaft us and best of all, maybe a game where for one time we play to our potential for a full 60 minutes rather than digging a hole early or playing great early and then collapsing either on defense or via turnovers.

Guys, if we win the next two, rest up, then beat seattle on the road, we will feel night and day different than we do right now. I dont think this falls into the category of believing that the earth is flat or the easter bunny is real, merely a matter of getting healthy and getting break here or there. I honestly feel we are not as bad as we look and a play here or there (especially at the end of both the seattle and san fran games) and our record would be a lot different. They say that the breaks even out over the course of a season. IF that is true, we have some breaks coming to us and it all starts this week by beating the saints at home. If we cant win this game, i think it could be an incredibly long year and time to get serious both about playing the kids and doing our draft prep work.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                                -10-20-2005, 06:59 AM
                              • general counsel
                                This is an UPSIDE game
                                by general counsel
                                Injuries aside, this game really has only upside. Its a very tough road game against a team we dont match up well against, even with their injuries. We are healthy, coming off a bye and hopefully rejuvinated for the rest of the season, but we have been unable to consistently stop the run all year and this is one of the best running teams in the nfl with what is maybe the best back in LT and a solid young improving qb. They have a stout defensive line and a monster nose tackle.

If we can find a way to stay in this game, we have a legit shot to win at the end of course. If we can protect bulger, we can score on them, but of course, merriman is a part of that and his status remains up in the air at this point. I hope we have a plan to control that nose tackle, but i suspect this is one of those cases where a plan is great but execution is very very tough. If jackson cant run at all and we spend the day in long yardage situations, its going to be even tougher.

We are 9 point underdogs which is a very big spread and tells you that the oddsmakers, who know more than any of us, think that bye or no bye, injuries or no injuries, we are in big trouble.

To me, our shot at this game is simple. We have to win the turnover battle convincingly and score tds in the red zone. In short, we will need to play our best game of the year and hope that they make some mistakes. If we can do that, we have a shot in this game. If we only play a half or maybe even three quarters of football, it wont be enough on the road against sandiego.

At the end of the day, this is NOT a game we have to win. Thats what i mean when i say it really has only upside as long as we dont get hurt. The game we will have to win is the following week at home vs kc.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                                -10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
                              • bela
                                If I were a Rams fanÖ
                                by bela
                                Iíd really be trying to force myself to stay positive. Thereís a lot to be happy about if you wear blue and gold. A Ramsí team in the process of rebuilding took the defending NFC champs to the wire. Not too shabby - thereís a lot to look forward to.

Iím glad the Seahawks came away with the W, but itís certainly not a victory to gloat about. That game literally could have gone either way. Thus, youíll find no gloating in this post.

Well, no gloating about the Hawks. I will gloat a tiny bit about my predictions. If you remember I predicted the Rams finishing the game minus in turnovers, a Seahawks vicTorry but the Rams covering. Not too shabby, thanks for the C-note bodog.

I have dozens of criticisms for my team, but I assume you arenít interested and I wonít address those here. Instead, Iíll post my honest non-homer opinion of the current state of the Rams team.

Offense

I really do not care for Marc Bulger. I absolutely despise the calm, accountant-like manner in which he game after game shreds my beloved Seahawk defense. Despite my unjustified dislike for him, when heís healthy heís as good as anyone in the NFC. And now that youíve removed the Martz influence and we canít count on 2+ INTs per game he is even more scary.

But what do you say about Torry Holt? I am a diehard fan of your teamís primary rival. I seriously hate the Rams. Really, I am not exaggerating when I say that Ė I even have a little Ram voodoo doll that I do unspeakable things to.

I have no problems hating Marc Bulger, and I canít stand Bruce since the infamous helmet incident. But no matter how hard I try, despite all the punishment heís inflicted on my team, I cannot make myself stop liking Torry Holt.

In an era of prima dona receivers, all Torry Holt does is show up and work hard, make unbelievable catches and help his team win Ė and, he does it as well as anyone in the league. I honestly do not understand why the guy doesnít get the recognition he deserves. T.O.? Chad Johnson? Steve Smith? Iíd take Holt on my team over any of those guys any day.

Jackson is going to be a force for years. Once some of the offensive line issues get worked out (whatís up with Pace?) the Ram offense is looking like one of the best in the league.

Defense

I am going to be brutally frank here. While the Ram offense is championship caliber, the defense just isnít there yet. Make no mistake, you went up against exactly the same offense that was embarrassed in Chicago.

When I learned that Stevens was a late scratch I thought weíd lose for sure. In our offense, the TE is the primary out receiver (since Shaun canít catch). Itís how we deal with the blitz. With Hasletís love for the blitz and I thought itíd be a long day for Hass. Add in the horrible play by the Seahawk offensive line, and Mo...
                                -10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
                              • jjigga3000
                                How will we fair this season?
                                by jjigga3000
                                What is the Rams record this year. I'm not mat at are offense they will be a top 10 team in offense, possibly a top 5.
                                Bulger will throw for over 3500 yards
                                Holt will have 1445 yards, and catch 104 balls
                                (why they don't talk about Holt, being a top 3 reciever burns me. What other reciever has a 6 consecutive 1300 yard seasons. You know the answer? none not even Jerry Rice. Yet they don't ever mention him has a top 3, he's clearly better than Marvin Harrison. I just don't understand it)
                                Bruce will have 1012 yards, and catch 78 balls
                                The other recievers combined will have 1200 yards, including the TE's
                                Steven Jacksons going to have a 1650 yard season
                                Marshall will run for 800 and catch for 450

Deffense will be our question mark. We have to be able to stop the run, in our division we have 2 great running backs in, Alexander, and The Edge. So we have to be able to keep them both under 80 yard a game to be effective. We can't let either of them post 100 yard games on us. I think our secondary can be average and we'll be allright in that area, but the run defense has to be there. That starts with tackles, Which leads me to this. I hope Haslett is a coach that players will play for, cause they clearly wouldn't play for Marmie. They seemed to have hated that guy. Because most of the players that played for Marmie played for Lovie, and that last year they played like they had stickem on their jerseys. That deffense tackled, and tackled well. So Haslett has to find a way of being a good coach while, getting the guys to buy into his system and going to war for him. He's a great coach no doubt, and him just having to focus on Defense, I think will be great for him.

Having said all this I think we will have a 12-4 or 11-5 season. Cardinals and Frisco shouldn't be a problem for us this year. Cardinals cause they have no Offensive line, and Frisco cause they're a young team. Seattle doesn't have any great recievers, but they have a great back which makes recievers a threat. If we take away their running game we take away their passing game cause they don't have any great receivers.

I see 2 difficult, very difficult games from us this year, in Denver and San Diego. Denver we have a little advantage cause we're at home, but this team knows how to win on the road. Chargers (I'll be at the game) will be hard cause it's a road game with another great back in LT. We have to hold their running game also.

One other thing I failed to mention is the play of special teams, mainly on defense. we have to put them in bad field position when punting, and kicking. This is where tackling will be key. If our special teams players step up we will be a force to rekon with. :bling:
                                -06-01-2006, 10:29 AM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                Less than 3 hours to kickoff
                                by RamsFanSam
                                And I still have concerns about this game. Don't get me wrong, we will win, but it will be a nail biter.It is still early in the season, we could still go 15-1 (I wish), but there are things that keep nagging me, and I don't just mean Tawn.
                                What's bothering me about this game is:
                                Since Detroit, we have won two games, lost another. We played well, but didn't dominate. For some reason, teams don't feel scared of the Rams unless we completely dominate our opponents. I know it's a small thing, but the psychological aspect of the game is still important. Other teams need to fear us...not just a little, but enough to make the other teams wet themselves in cowardice when they see the Rams come on the field.
                                Our offense is there...putting up the yards, the first downs, but not getting past the red zone. A lot of teams have the same troubles. It's not a lack of talent or desire, but for some reason, our opponents are able to read our plays better than they should. We have the manpower, the skill, and the coach to come up with the ideas. Yet, somewhere, the whole thing is breaking down. I'm not 100% convinced of this, but I think today we will see the beginning of the end to our red zone problems. Why? Well, one sore spot in the whole thing was the RT. Jackson could singlehandedly plow thru 5 or 6 defenders to score...but he needs blocks to open up holes. And, since there have been several comments made by Martz and some players concerning Barron, I wouldn't doubt that he may be on the field at some point today.
                                Our Defense has come a long way since last year. Little has his groove back. Arch doesn't seem apprehensive to make a big play. Coakley, Clairborne and the rest of the guys are playing seriously. Our weakest point is in the back...but they are even doing a decent job. Our defense is, for the first time in a couple of years, above average. Problem is, they can't do it alone. They need our offense to put up some TD's so we can win.
                                Special teams is better, too. Before anyone goes and starts saying they are still not making the big plays, look at it like this....are they making the stupid mistakes like last year, or are they finally getting the idea of holding on to the ball? Even if they are only average, it is still an improvement.
                                So why am I really concerned? It is a home game. The Rams might come onto the field with the wrong attitude...the attitude that they will win since it is in the EJD. They need to get the attitude that they will win because they are the better team and will earn the win. The old guys...Pace, Faulk, Arch, Bulger...they know this. The younger ones might not.
                                I see a Rams win....a hard fought, close win. This game will be good for us. It will reinforce what we learned in SF...no matter how good the numbers, every one on the field must give 100% and score some points to get the W.
                                -09-25-2005, 07:36 AM
                              Working...
                              X