Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best of Both Worlds, or Pathetic Cry For Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of Both Worlds, or Pathetic Cry For Help?

I was browsing through the latest Ram Pro Shop online catalogue, when I came accross this item:

Now, I'm not sure what reaction you would expect if you purchased this for your wife/significant other, but I suspect my wife's reaction would be something along the lines of "WTF!!!!!"

It got me wondering... what kind of guy would buy this for his wife or girlfriend? Is is somebody who wants the best of all worlds at once? (and if so, shouldn't there be a cupholder attached for his beer?). Or is it something that one purchases as a pathetic cry for help when their football obsession has gone a bit too far?

Of course, if your wife/girlfriend buys this for herself and comes into the bedroom wearing it (and a smile), you are truly blessed.

Re: Best of Both Worlds, or Pathetic Cry For Help?

No I would bet there a few people on this boad that would love this as a gift.

Utter?
    28rulz?
    Rammiegirl?

Yours in the mail ladies, from me ;-)

Comment

Playing the field, huh, Jason?

And, ladies... if you want to post photos modeling Jason's present, who am I to stop you?

Comment

I wonder if they do that in XXL

Comment

DANG DEZ!!

That is a slam. I know I am running for cover on that one.

Originally posted by RamDez

Comment

Naw Dez, that's your color but it dosen't cover enough of your leg.......

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez
              Thinking of buying one for yourself Dez?
              This space for rent...

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
                I was browsing through the latest Ram Pro Shop online catalogue, when I came accross this item:

Now, I'm not sure what reaction you would expect if you purchased this for your wife/significant other, but I suspect my wife's reaction would be something along the lines of "WTF!!!!!"

It got me wondering... what kind of guy would buy this for his wife or girlfriend? Is is somebody who wants the best of all worlds at once? (and if so, shouldn't there be a cupholder attached for his beer?). Or is it something that one purchases as a pathetic cry for help when their football obsession has gone a bit too far?

Of course, if your wife/girlfriend buys this for herself and comes into the bedroom wearing it (and a smile), you are truly blessed.
                ...presenting the fall collection from "Georgia's Secret"......(shiver followed by spasm)
                The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

If you guys paid for my trip to the bash, I'd wear it to the game......

SARCASM.....THAT WAS SARCASM......DONT HOLD ME TO IT.......

:redface:

Comment

What have I started? :redface:

Comment

*WRITING OUT A CHEQUE AND TAKING DONATIONS*

Originally posted by txramsfan
                      If you guys paid for my trip to the bash, I'd wear it to the game......

SARCASM.....THAT WAS SARCASM......DONT HOLD ME TO IT.......

:redface:

Comment

Upon further review, you guys pay for everything and I will probably do it. I'd have to wear pants or a sweatsuit underneath it, it is quite skimpy.....

Comment

You might also want to shave your back.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan
                            Upon further review, you guys pay for everything and I will probably do it. I'd have to wear pants or a sweatsuit underneath it, it is quite skimpy.....
                            dainty little Rammette number - $24.95
                            Bash ticket - $52
                            seeing Tx at Bash in dainty little Rammette number - (altogether now) Priceless
                            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by thoey
                              Thinking of buying one for yourself Dez?
                              and whats your point? I think it would look fetching ;)

__________________________________________________________
                              Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
                                Where Logic Ends, Starbucks Begins
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                I'll admit it.

I'm a Starbucks junky. Virtually every day, I go to my local Starbucks, or a SoFla equivalent called The Roasted Bean, and get my skim milk mocha.

Mind you, I'm a person who takes pride in living my life in a manner consistent with the principles of logic.

And yet, there I am, every day, shelling out three and one-half dollars (enough to buy a decent lunch, if you know where to get good cheap eats) for what is essentially a cup of coffee.

Now, I suppose I could try to justify it by saying that I can't (at least not without a decent machine) make my own mocha (you need espresso and steamed milk to make a good one), but the truth is, if I really wanted to, I could buy a machine and, in the long run, spend much less on coffee.

Heck, I've even found an acceptable substitute by mixing regular coffee with a bit of hot chocolate (readily available at most gas stations for a dollar and a half).

This can only be described as true addiction. I need my caffeine, and I need it in a big cardboard cup with a fancy coffee house logo on it.

Somebody... help me... please! I can't stop!
                                -02-02-2006, 08:59 AM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                5 Innovations I Just Don't Get
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                As I approach the end of my fourth decade on this planet, I marvel at the many innovations that make daily life easier, more productive, more informative and more entertaining. That said, there are a few things that the youngsters spend their time and money on that I simply do not get:

1. Ringtones
                                I know, I know. Its uber-cool to have your phone play the theme from Aqua Teen Hunger Force when it rings, but is that really worth the $10 you spent to download it? Come on, its just a noise to let you know someone is calling you.

2. Text Messaging
                                What is the fascination of typing little messages on a 2 x 2 cm keyboard? Wouldn't it be easier just to call? Or, dare I say, just to wait until you see your friend the next day?

3. The MP3 Player as an exclusive music listening device
                                The whole music downloading trend, planned or not, has played out like a drug dealer's strategy. First, everything was free. Then, people got hooked. Finally, the price was jacked up (as an aside, I still don't get how that Napster guy's not in jail). MP3 players are great. I have one myself. But I don't see how it replaces actually buying albums. Sure, you can download an entire album, but most don't. Most download song by song. In doing so, you miss out on the great non-single tracks. I just hope that the MP3 age doesn't kill the great B-sides.

4. The In-Car/Van/SUV DVD Player
                                Though my kids would love one, my wife and I have resisted the temptation to buy a car with a DVD player. Kids should look out the window every once in a while. They might actually see something interesting. What's worse is the number of times I've seen someone driving alone with the DVD player on. What are they doing? Listening to a movie? Watching at red lights? Not watching the road at all?

5. In-Dash GPS Devices/On-Star
                                Whatever happened to looking at a map? Or, dare I say, just knowing where you are going? The worst of these are the ones that talk. And what about On-Star? Isn't the notion of a faceless company having the ability to monitor every move you make, unlock your door remotely and dispatch the police, fire department or EMTs to your vehicle sound just a little too Big Brother-ish?

And so, before I drive off on a route that I, and only I know, while listening to a CD player, with my phone that rings with the tone it came with, let me leave you with this thought...

When invention becomes the mother of your necessity, you need a hobby.
                                -02-18-2007, 01:43 PM
                              • MauiRam
                                "Rules For Work" Any contractors of subcontractors out there?
                                by MauiRam
                                Rules for work

1) Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:00 PM and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2) If itís really a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire
                                how itís going. That helps. Or even better, hover behind me, advising me
                                as often as possible.

3) Always leave without telling anyone where youíre going. That way it gives me
                                a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4) If my arms are full carrying tools and materials, donít open the door for me. I
                                need to learn how to function as a paraplegic and opening doors with no arms
                                is good training in case I should ever be injured and lose all use of my limbs.

5) If you give me more than one job to do, donít tell me which one is the priority.
                                I am psychic.

6) Do your best to keep me working late and on weekends. I adore working and
                                really have nowhere to go or anything to do. I have no life beyond work.

7) If a job I do actually pleases you, keep it a secret. If that gets out it could
                                lead to a raise.

8) If you donít like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in con-
                                versations. I was born to be whipped.

9) If you have special instructions for a job, donít write them down. In fact, save
                                them until the job is almost done. No use confusing me with useful
                                information.

10) Never introduce me to the people youíre with. I have no right to know
                                anything. In the construction food chain I am plankton. When you refer to
                                them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11) Be nice to me only when the job Iím doing for you could really change your
                                life and send you straight to contractorsí hell.

12) Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and itís nice to know
                                that someone else is less fortunate. I especially like the story about your
                                having to pay so much taxes on all the money you made last year.
                                -05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
                              • RamDez
                                A Parable on "Home Security"
                                by RamDez
                                by Barry Waller

Let's say you like to eat on your patio, but always get bothered by some bees. You try to ignore them, even though you hate them, and smash the ones you can that land on the patio, and maybe even spray the ones in your yard with poison.

Then, one day, a dozen bees are in the yard, and your little girl gets stung, and she is alergic to bee stings and dies. You realize that the danger is greater than you thought, so you start a posse to go looking for the source of the bees. You are about to give up, because you can't find their hive, then remember this guy a few miles away that keeps bees, a guy you don't like, and a guy who has had some local problems from next door neighbors who are freaked out at having all those bees so close.

The keeper assures you that his bees do not stray far from his hives, so they couldn't be the ones bugging him and stinging his kid. He explains how this group of bees are not big enough swarms to range very far, as they would leave their home unprotected, and also explains that the bees you describe, are not even the same breed as his.

That doesn't matter though, because you are still pissed off and in the mood for revenge, full of the feeling that you at least tried to do something so it would, never, ever happen again. Besides, a bee is a bee, right, and they all have stingers, and a history of using them on humans.

So you pick up a long stick and start whacking the hives, and spraying as many of the swarm that emerge, though you know thousands will escape the demolished hives, and head out to look for a new place to live, in a highly agitated state at the loss of their homes, and their brothers and sisters.

Some of the bees even sting the beekeeper and his family, as well as his neighbors as they flee in panic. A few people are injured and suffer reactions themselves from the bee stings, or the poison spray that also kills a few birds and beneficial insects before it dissipates into the atmosphere, later returning as poisoned rain to do some further damage.

The hives are destroyed, so the bee keeper has no living, and also, no one can get any honey, causing the local price to skyrocket, because everyone there loves honey, and can't do without it. When you get back home, you discover that a pipe burst in the bathroom and caused a few thousand dollars worth of damage while you were busy chasing bees. You also find that your friends are really upset at you for causing the honey prices to go up, as well as for the people they knew nearby who had gotten stung, when they hadn't had trouble from bees before. You don't even mind that, because now THEY also know the danger that bees can cause.

Later, you find that there was a small hive of wild bees under the deck all the time, but by the time you do, those bees are long gone or dead. You don't dare ever tell anyone about that, and even say...
                                -09-15-2004, 12:14 PM
                              • RAMMAN68
                                Looking for Help
                                by RAMMAN68
                                I've got a problem that maybe someone on this board can help with. I was the victim of a virus attack a week ago and had to recover my OS. I'm running XP, but the problem I now face is with my Norton Internet Security. I had to reload it and now it will not operate. Every time I try to configure my settings it does not respond. To make things worse, I can't view the internet with it installed. I've been to the Symantic web site but there is no help on this.
                                -06-26-2004, 09:10 AM
                              Working...
                              X