• Is our defense to small?

Is our defense to small?
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Is our defense to small?

I voted "yes", but I don't think that size is our only problem. Gettin' a bunch of bigger, untalented people ain't gonna fix it. We do need a little more beef in the middle, some run stoppers, if you will. We need a bigger, stronger MLB, and move Spoon outside. ....oh, and I don't really care for our smaller DB's. What we need is better talent.

Comment

Given the D's production, you certainly can't make the argument that they're too big. So there's your answer.

Comment

We need to get bigger in the middle; a beastly DT next to Kennedy, and a true MLB, sliding Spoon to the SLB spot should improve the run D.
        JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
        :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
        Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

No, I don't think there too small. There just not good. Glover is past his time, and his size has never been an issue before this. Kennedy is just no good, he weighs 325 and other DTs (Run Stoppers) Stroud 322, Pat Williams 317, John Henderson 325, Haynsworth 320, so Kennedy is right with them.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan16 View Post
            No, I don't think there too small. There just not good. Glover is past his time, and his size has never been an issue before this. Kennedy is just no good, he weighs 325 and other DTs (Run Stoppers) Stroud 322, Pat Williams 317, John Henderson 325, Haynsworth 320, so Kennedy is right with them.
            Great post RF16!! You hit the nail on the head. Jimmy "Dead" Kennedy is as big as most other run stoppers albeit just not as talented. And Glover's size has never been an issue until this year. Glover is just getting old and slow and his size has nothing to do with his lack of production.

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

You can't honestly believe that this defense is big enough. If you look at the teams with the best defenses (chicago/baltimore/new england), they don't have small guys on the defense. They have big agressive guys. We are still struggeling from PLSS or Post Lovie Smith Syndrom. His defense was planned for one task. To be fast and get the ball back to this high powered offense. Hence why we valued faster smaller guys. We are still retaining these guys, but we keep loosing guys on the defensive line that we used to get to the qb so that he would allow us to intercept the ball. Now we just have small guys that can't tackle. I think that we could fix this if we draft a nice young MLB so that we can shift spoon to SS (strong side). I also believe that we can improve things if we get a new interior on the defensive line. If we can do these things then we can give you cb's more time. More time equals more chances to pick off the ball.

Comment

We need bigger, more talented defensive players......the only down that matters is 3rd down.

Comment

There's your answer, as I watch our rams get blitzed by the b ears, our midget DB, Fahkir Brown,just got beat by Muhammad for a TD.

Comment

Fakhir is like 6' 200lbs. He was just going by Rex the last few weeks and Grossman would have thrown it early and Brown would have picked it off.

Really, don't blame that on Fakhir because he did his homework from past games and noticed that he'd usually throw it early but this time he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan16 View Post
                      Going to have to disagree with you. I posted a thread a week ago that mentioned this problem. Regarding the subject of run defense, a large front 7 goes a long way into making for a successful D. As I mentioned in that thread, our front 7 is tiny compared to the top run stopping D's in the league.

As for Kennedy..of that list of NT's only Henderson has more stops than Kennedy. Again, I'm not sure why Kennedy is receiving the criticism for this teams lack of gap discipline and inability to wrap up. Has he played at the level a 1st rounder should, no, but he is one of the few members of that D actually doing his job.
                      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Don't feed these guys for 2 days and let the running back carry a football sized burger. These men are just not hungry enough, thats my point. We don't need to go heavier. The aggressive, smart, nonstop motors are just not there.

Comment

--B

On Team's feelings on Jimmy Kennedy:
                          BernieM wrote:
                          I think the appropriate words would be "fairly useless."

--B

BernieM wrote:
                          OK, I'll try another phrasee's terrible.
                          If this is true, we have one starter inplace for next year Little.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post
                            If this is true, we have one starter inplace for next year Little.

I wouldnt go believing everything that Bernie says
                            @EssexRam_

Comment

Our D and the Colts D are two examples that show size does indeed matter in the NFL in terms of defense

Comment