• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HUbison
    Rams Nation MVP
    • May 2004

Members only on the other board

I decide to peruse by the "old board" a minute ago and I get a message that says in order to view the board, one has to fill out an application and register. The message went on to say that they want some background information on every reader so that they get thoughtful and insightful threads and posts. Shouldn't they be lucky to get any posts?!

Man, I'm glad to be here!
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.
  • r8rh8rmike
    Rams Nation MVP
    • Jun 2004

Re: Members only on the other board

The message went on to say that they want some background information on every reader so that they get thoughtful and insightful threads and posts.
    What a great idea! It's not like any unthoughtful or uninsightful types would ever get past their five star screening process. Brilliant!

Comment

I check the old board now & then for Howards insight, and have no problem getting on/in, with no message as you got.

Maineram

Comment

• RamDez
        • Mar 2001

Originally posted by maineram
        I check the old board now & then for Howards insight, and have no problem getting on/in, with no message as you got.

Maineram
        Thats because you are registered and logged into the site.

Try logging out then going there

Comment

• AvengerRam_old
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2004

There's an "old board"?

Comment

Man, I'm glad to be here!
            Ditto.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
              There is such thing as bad publicity (A note to some of our new members)
              by AvengerRam_old
              NOTE: This is not a Rams topic, per se, but given my belief that this is an important message to our new members as we enter a new season, I'm exercising Moderator privilege and posting it here.

Andy Warhol reportedly once said, "there's no such thing as bad publicity." Well, the otherwise unexplainable popularity of the Paris Hiltons of the world aside, I must respectfully disagree with that statement.

This is particularly true with respect to ClanRam (you'll see my point in a moment).

In my opinion, the thing that makes ClanRam the best Rams board on the Net is the fact that we have long-term members who use this site to form cyber-friendships, if you will, with other long-term members. Its a quality over quantity thing - we'd rather have a solid core of regulars than a huge roster of hit-and-run posters.

Sometimes, new posters are so eager to be noticed by the regulars that they go overboard in making themselves stand out. Just recently, we've had new members who have spammed the boards mercilessly, initiated smack battles and then claimed to be Ram fans, picked "fights" with Moderators or regular members, or engaged other disingenuous tactics designed for one purpose: to get noticed.

In the short run, such tactics do tend to get you noticed. However, contrary to Warhol's axiom, at ClanRam there most certainly is such a thing as bad publicity. Make no mistake - the Moderators and regular members will NOT allow this board to become a smack-filled, childish and superficial board like the defunct Rams site board or the PD board.

That does not mean that posters, including new posters, should avoid posts that are compelling, controversial, unpopular, unconventional or even mildly inflamatory. The key is that posts of that type should be made because you truly hold a belief that differs from the majority. If you are posting controversial content just because you want to get noticed, I can assure you that you are fooling nobody, and the attention you receive will be short lived.

So... as I don't want to end this on a negative note, let me say to all the new members that we are happy to have you here, and we look forward to getting to know you at the Clan continue's to grow.

Submitted as this one Mod's opinion...

AvengerRam
              -08-03-2006, 07:24 AM
            • AvengerRam_old
              The Kids Are Alright... for now.
              by AvengerRam_old
              Did you get that the title of this thread had a reference to the Who?

Maybe, that's the problem.

I'm speaking to you, our new young friends. Your presence here is becoming somewhat of a Catch-22 (another old reference... try to keep up).

On the positive side, you bring energy and enthusiasm to the Clan, along with a fresh perspective. We certainly would never want the Clan to become static or too far removed from the younger generation of Rams fans.

However, on the negative side, some of our younger contributers are demonstrating a lack of understanding of what makes ClanRam the best Rams message board on the net.

We are not the PD board or the old "official site" board. We don't exist to give voice to rapid-fire, superficial and repetitive commentary. We have always prided ourselves on maintaining a high level of discourse, mixed in with original commentary and humor. We are not the "shock value" board... we are not the "post hundreds of repetitive, obvious and inane comments just to fill the post counts" board.

So, while we of the Clan's Old Guard, so to speak, welcome the addition of new, young, posters, don't mistake our hospitality for an opening to make this board something it is not.

We will use our power to put a stop to those who are unable or unwilling to abide by these principles.

Thank you and LONG LIVE THE CLAN!!!!
              -05-16-2006, 09:29 PM
            • RamsFanSam
              Rams Official Message Board Closed
              by RamsFanSam
              When the ClanRam board was down on Monday, Mom decided to go to the 'official' Rams board. Apparently, they have had some problems...
              I just wanted to tell everyone how great it is to be able to come to the Clan! This board doesn't have these kind of troubles thanks to our moderators and members.

After much effort and evaluation, the St. Louis Rams have decided to suspend the message board feature on stlouisrams.com.
              The open nature of message boards continuously subjects our loyal fans to inappropriate content and compromises our efforts to deliver a positive and family-friendly environment. Message board issues include trolls, spamming, sexual innuendos, indecent language, personal attacks on Rams fans, inappropriate topics, and more.

The Rams are committed to providing a positive web site, suitable for all Rams fans. Stay tuned for new content with fresh perspectives and unique insider commentary only on stlouisrams.com.

We thank you for your support and GO RAMS!
              -06-28-2005, 04:13 AM
            • RamWraith
              A good message board read
              by RamWraith
              You want to see something funny? Check out what the Seachicken fans are talking like

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/forum/...?topicid=51618...
              -01-02-2005, 04:04 PM
            • bruce4life
              other rams message boards....
              by bruce4life
              how many people here have other names on different boards. I see Laram at ramsrule.com and a couple of other names over there that look familiar from over here at the CLAN...
              -03-16-2009, 10:38 PM
            Working...
            X